The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 February 2019, 11:58 PM   #1
Avuong6494
"TRF" Member

Excessive Movement Causes Change in Time?

I’ve own my 15450 for about a month now. I’ve noticed that I’ve been significantly gaining or losing minutes. They only seem to follow after scenarios of excessive shaking or movement. Examples would be a night of going out and dancing or when it’s packed in a hard watch box in a duffel that’s being moved and tossed around.

Anyone have similar experiences?

I do these same activities with both my Rolexes and never had an issue. I guess it is true when they say these watches are much more delicate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Avuong6494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 01:53 AM   #2
PJ S
Banned

Both scenarios are something the 3120 should handle without any concerns — speak with APSC about having it looked at as a warranty claim.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 02:16 AM   #3
strettyend
"TRF" Member

I used to hardly wear my 15450 (once a month) and but when finally wear it I would notice it would run EXTREMELY fast, like 15 seconds a minute fast, until I “broke it in.” Now that I wear it more often it seems to keep time but will want to wait a few months before I trust it.
AP ROC 26315or; AP RO 15450st; Vacheron Fiftysix; Day Date RG 228235 Olive; Daytona YG 116528; Daytona YG Oysterflex 116518; Cartier Santos de Cartier Rose Gold; Panerai PAM 0048; IWC Portofino Chrono; Girard-Perregaux Richeville
strettyend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 02:34 AM   #4
PJ S
Banned

^
That sort of increase is symptomatic of magnetism or hairspring binding through excess oil.
A movement breaking-in, which many argue even occurs, doesn't usually exhibit such wild variance, so just keep an eye on it, in preparation of handing it over to APSC to rectify.
Hopefully it was one-off blip with no re-occurrence.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote