The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 16 October 2018, 11:50 AM   #1
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Strategy for first timer @ Beverly Hills AP and Journe - thoughts?

I want to cultivate/build a relationship with the AP and Journe Boutiques in Beverly Hills. My goal is to get a 15400 blue and a 15202 blue both stainless steel at minimal cost - I hope I do not need to buy another watch but I am ok doing so if I can flip at a small loss (no solid gold or dress pieces lol).

Do I walk in with a nice watch (I can wear a Nautilus 5711 or grand complication 3970), small talk and ask to be put on the list? Or will i have to order and flip a 15400 black or white before I can get in line for the boutique colors?

I heard the wait is around 3 months - true or false? They say much longer but its really 3-6 month max.

Thinking of doing the same with FP Journe for the Chronometre Bleu.

Advise would be greatly appreciated
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 01:25 PM   #2
Ericatca
"TRF" Member

If you are considering the amount you may loose in flipping, maybe it’s better just to go for the gray market on the blue dial directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ericatca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 01:59 PM   #3
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
I cannot say for the journe boutique, but AP Beverly Hills did not want to put me on a wait list for a blue 15400, or treat me like a real customer for that matter, unless I purchased another piece first. They did not specify which, or how much spent was necessary. I ended getting on the wait list at another boutique in Florida, and received my blue 15400 last week, just under 3 months wait in fact! I would assume the 15202 would be a much longer wait though.

I would walk in there, if you’re really set on starting your relationship with them, and talk to them and see what you can get out of it. Maybe I just got them on a bad day. But if it does not work out, PM me and I can give you more info on mine if you’re interested. Good luck!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2018, 03:35 PM   #4
chad362wiley
"TRF" Member

wont get either of those without a gold piece or two. those two APs are the hottest, all the big clients want them. especially in BH.
Old 17 October 2018, 10:50 AM   #5
Gh0st0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
I want to cultivate/build a relationship with the AP and Journe Boutiques in Beverly Hills. My goal is to get a 15400 blue and a 15202 blue both stainless steel at minimal cost - I hope I do not need to buy another watch but I am ok doing so if I can flip at a small loss (no solid gold or dress pieces lol).

Do I walk in with a nice watch (I can wear a Nautilus 5711 or grand complication 3970), small talk and ask to be put on the list? Or will i have to order and flip a 15400 black or white before I can get in line for the boutique colors?

I heard the wait is around 3 months - true or false? They say much longer but its really 3-6 month max.

Thinking of doing the same with FP Journe for the Chronometre Bleu.

Advise would be greatly appreciated
Minimal cost would most likely be msrp, what’s the end goal here?
Gh0st0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 11:03 AM   #6
tonupbklyn
"TRF" Member

I'd recommend u just target the jumbo.
frankly, the 400 would stick out in ur current collection, whilst the jumbo at least is amongst its class.
tonupbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 11:06 AM   #7
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn View Post
I'd recommend u just target the jumbo.
frankly, the 400 would stick out in ur current collection, whilst the jumbo at least is amongst its class.
Good call. I was thinking I would need to buy a 15400 just to get put on the 15202 list -which I am fine with since I could probably resell and break even.

Maybe I should have just bought yours- if I recall we were just $1000 apart in price : )
Old 17 October 2018, 11:06 AM   #8
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st0 View Post
Minimal cost would most likely be msrp, what’s the end goal here?
End goal is a 15202 at MSRP and potential relationship for future models. Wouldn't hurt to get an openwork in the future lol : )
Old 17 October 2018, 11:13 AM   #9
bund
"TRF" Member

I was told 15202or will get me on the list for the 15202st. I got a diver instead and didn’t get any swag nor was put on the list for the 15202st. Lol
bund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 01:34 PM   #10
denvercenturion
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Pepsi
I found the Journe boutique in Beverly Hills to be excellent, go in and try stuff on and talk to them about what you like, I think that you will be able to cultivate a relationship with them. As far as I can recall Journe's brother actually runs the boutique so he knows quite a bit and was quite hospitable when I came in. Cannot say for the AP boutique though, never really done much more than window shop at that particular location.

Last edited by denvercenturion; 17 October 2018 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: Hit enter too quickly, post wasn't finished.
denvercenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 07:32 AM   #11
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denvercenturion View Post
I found the Journe boutique in Beverly Hills to be excellent, go in and try stuff on and talk to them about what you like, I think that you will be able to cultivate a relationship with them. As far as I can recall Journe's brother actually runs the boutique so he knows quite a bit and was quite hospitable when I came in. Cannot say for the AP boutique though, never really done much more than window shop at that particular location.
This is great. Maybe I am still bit old school but I would really like to deal with people that are real watch enthusiast : )