The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 5 September 2018, 02:37 AM   #1
ggammill
"TRF" Member

Used DJ or Air King, one with papers & box

First time posting and grateful for the intelligence on this site. I plan to purchase a pre-owned Rolex and have it narrowed down to either a SS Datejust 16014 with Jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel and roman numerals (36cm) or a SS Air King 114200 (34cm, new in 2008). Both are priced the same with a condition rating of “excellent.” The AK comes with box and papers, while the DJ does not. I also don’t know the year of the DJ. Both have white dials, and legibility is important for my aging eyes. I am a female, small-medium wrist, not seeking to dazzle anyone -- but I wonder if papers shouldn't be a tie-breaker. Thoughts, anyone, on what you would select?
ggammill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 09:50 PM   #2
Arnold81
"TRF" Member

I’m planning to buy an 16013 dj two-tone. It’s just stunning!
Arnold81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2018, 11:31 AM   #3
yoniman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggammill View Post
First time posting and grateful for the intelligence on this site. I plan to purchase a pre-owned Rolex and have it narrowed down to either a SS Datejust 16014 with Jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel and roman numerals (36cm) or a SS Air King 114200 (34cm, new in 2008). Both are priced the same with a condition rating of “excellent.” The AK comes with box and papers, while the DJ does not. I also don’t know the year of the DJ. Both have white dials, and legibility is important for my aging eyes. I am a female, small-medium wrist, not seeking to dazzle anyone -- but I wonder if papers shouldn't be a tie-breaker. Thoughts, anyone, on what you would select?
It is true that SS Datejust with Super Jubilee, fluted bezel and Roman numerals is stunning. I own a 116234 bought it BNIB last year. MY only regret is that it is not good for me eyes especially at night!

I should have gotten the luminous stick/indices version.
But hey, grab it and soon you'll be desiring for your next Rolex before you know it.

cheers
yoniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2018, 12:42 AM   #4
blah114
Banned

Watch: iPhone
There’s no comparison between the two. The date just is the way to go. Even for resale purposes
blah114 is offline   Reply With Quote