The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 May 2023, 07:04 AM   #10291
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
More shoes to fall as Fed’s recent interest rate increase will filter through the system, knock off a few banks. When a bank’s stock falls, depositors flee, more stock fall, rinse and repeat.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 07:10 AM   #10292
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
More shoes to fall as Fed’s recent interest rate increase will filter through the system, knock off a few banks. When a bank’s stock falls, depositors flee, more stock fall, rinse and repeat.
I think western alliance and Pacwest were probably the 2 largest market movers today. My post certainly didn't age well
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 07:14 AM   #10293
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
apple laughing all the way to the bank here. will be interesting to see how many people ran to their savings account, their timing couldn't have been any better. Tim's a genius, one of the best CEOs ever imo
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2023, 07:20 AM   #10294
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
apple laughing all the way to the bank here. will be interesting to see how many people ran to their savings account, their timing couldn't have been any better. Tim's a genius, one of the best CEOs ever imo
I am a big buy and hold Apple owner.
Old 6 May 2023, 07:26 AM   #10295
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

I bought a smidgen of Truist and WBD today. I heard Oakmark’s Nygren discuss that Truist owns a very profitable insurance brokerage. If a lot of regionals go under or have to merge, I think Truist is one of the better ones. A merger of SunTrust and BB&T.

For WBD, I bought a falling knife. They have a great library. Lot of hits on HBO. I think at some point, Disney, Apple or Netflix buys them out.
Old 23 May 2023, 05:59 AM   #10296
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Hoping more onto the Japanese stock bandwagon. Liking the exposure to the currency as well. Thesis is simply if they do more stock buy backs too get more stocks to book value, then I'm happy with the outcome. Well actually two reasons, hopefully the Buffet put plus the JCB put beneath the market will prop everything up.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 12:55 PM   #10297
Romeojk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Anybody still in NVDA?

I was going to post about it a week or so ago as the P/E ratio was up about 170 and I was going to get out. But I get a bit sentimental because it's been treating me so well over the past couple of years. And today it had a great day today and the P/E is now at 200. I'm still in but not ecstatic that it is now over 10% of my holdings, where I try to be around 5%.

I'd love to hear others thought on it.

Also, any AUPH holders still out there? I wish you luck if you are. I got out last month and moved into some banks and feel much better about my portfolio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 09:35 PM   #10298
Olive Drab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Mickey Mouse
I sold NVDA yesterday after buying in early May. I almost sold before earnings, but figured the risk was worth the reward. I kept my shares of SOXL as I think the sector still has some short term runnings ahead from the NVDA positive momentum.
Olive Drab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 03:17 AM   #10299
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

cashed out my MRVL holdings at $63. Been a minute since I've had a pop like that.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 10:50 AM   #10300
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Best is yet to come for AI!

Lots of winners, as we saw this week. Not a straight ride up. But should be a big ride up.
Old 27 May 2023, 07:33 PM   #10301
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

I did pretty well this week, time for a small celebration. Cashed out most of my NVDA that I've had since my college days 20+ years ago and have been steadily adding over the years. The valuation seems to have gotten crazy and I'm not completely sold on AI (will probably regret this a few years later). But I feel like it's never wrong to take profit.

Also sold off some AMD that I bought when tech semi-crashed at the end of last year.
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 04:43 AM   #10302
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeojk View Post
Also, any AUPH holders still out there? I wish you luck if you are. I got out last month and moved into some banks and feel much better about my portfolio.

Still 2 feet in. Been writing monthly covered calls, 30% OTM at 95-100% IV, brought my cost basis from Dec at ~4.50 to nearly zero. Scripts NRx/TRx continue to improve, patent lawsuit settled, biopsy data looks great, Japan approval imminent and stronger patents to 2037 secured. Beat top and bottom last quarter while raising guidance 20% along with announcing a new spokesperson partnership. Nice 119% run ytd, no complaints. My SPY puts on the other hand are quite impaired, been DCAing there and into QQQ puts, still believe we are WAY overvalued and not sustainable at current index levels.

Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 06:12 AM   #10303
steeevvvooo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
I did pretty well this week, time for a small celebration. Cashed out most of my NVDA that I've had since my college days 20+ years ago and have been steadily adding over the years. The valuation seems to have gotten crazy and I'm not completely sold on AI (will probably regret this a few years later). But I feel like it's never wrong to take profit.

Also sold off some AMD that I bought when tech semi-crashed at the end of last year.
Tell me you've had a 100 bagger without telling me you've had a 100 bagger?! :)

Congrats on an awesome investment no doubt! I've considered being involved maybe half a dozen times and passed each time. :(

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 29 May 2023, 07:36 AM   #10304
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
Tell me you've had a 100 bagger without telling me you've had a 100 bagger?! :)

Congrats on an awesome investment no doubt! I've considered being involved maybe half a dozen times and passed each time. :(

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Thank you... just glad I got into tech all those years ago and not something else, I feel incredibly fortunate!
Old 30 May 2023, 02:18 AM   #10305
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post

Congrats! That’s awesome. I’ve bought NVDA a couple times over the years. Took out my initial investment a while back but the rest is a long term hold for me.

austinp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 08:43 AM   #10306
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Congrats! That’s awesome. I’ve bought NVDA a couple times over the years. Took out my initial investment a while back but the rest is a long term hold for me.

Thanks! I think a lot of it for me was just pure luck. I'm sure your holdings are doing well too.
Old 30 May 2023, 11:14 AM   #10307
Romeojk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Still 2 feet in. Been writing monthly covered calls, 30% OTM at 95-100% IV, brought my cost basis from Dec at ~4.50 to nearly zero. Scripts NRx/TRx continue to improve, patent lawsuit settled, biopsy data looks great, Japan approval imminent and stronger patents to 2037 secured. Beat top and bottom last quarter while raising guidance 20% along with announcing a new spokesperson partnership. Nice 119% run ytd, no complaints. My SPY puts on the other hand are quite impaired, been DCAing there and into QQQ puts, still believe we are WAY overvalued and not sustainable at current index levels.

I'm glad you're still in and really hope it gets to mid-20's or so.

Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 03:10 AM   #10308
Olive Drab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Drab View Post
I sold NVDA yesterday after buying in early May. I almost sold before earnings, but figured the risk was worth the reward. I kept my shares of SOXL as I think the sector still has some short term runnings ahead from the NVDA positive momentum.
My stop tripped this morning, so I am out of these semis for the time being.
Olive Drab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 07:17 AM   #10309
cv5
Banned

Watch: Omega Seamaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgodiving View Post
I'm a buy and holder so I am looking out years and not concerned about the near term or even the next couple of years. I am being patient so no large moves at this time but I plan to continue buying on the way down and then hold on for the ride.
Sounds like a good plan worthy of emulation
cv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 10:13 AM   #10310
glenn_herwig
"TRF" Member

This post is for information only.

If I had to deploy capital today. I would park 60% of portfolio into 5% Yield Money Market.

The rest as follows:

Short AAPL
Short NVDA
Short DB
Long SLV
Long FXF
Long WEAT

Keep 10% to 15% trailing stop on all of them.

I am no genius but this is how I would play the current environment.

Jaeger Le Coultre Grande Date 240.8.15

Instagram: @select.timepieces
glenn_herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2023, 12:28 PM   #10311
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_herwig View Post
This post is for information only.

If I had to deploy capital today. I would park 60% of portfolio into 5% Yield Money Market.

The rest as follows:

Short AAPL
Short NVDA
Short DB
Long SLV
Long FXF
Long WEAT

Keep 10% to 15% trailing stop on all of them.

I am no genius but this is how I would play the current environment.

I’m curious, are you buying puts on AAPL NVDA And DB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kowaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2023, 10:38 PM   #10312
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeojk View Post
Anybody still in NVDA?

I was going to post about it a week or so ago as the P/E ratio was up about 170 and I was going to get out. But I get a bit sentimental because it's been treating me so well over the past couple of years. And today it had a great day today and the P/E is now at 200. I'm still in but not ecstatic that it is now over 10% of my holdings, where I try to be around 5%.

I'd love to hear others thought on it.

Yes, and I bought some more too recently as a contrarian. With them it’s all about momentum and imo they don’t have any true competitors with artificial intelligence applications. Nothing anyone else makes out there is within even a few generations of the Hopper H100 stations.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2023, 10:49 PM   #10313
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hope you bought some of that NVIDIA last fall when we were talking about the Ada Lovelace launch here. Would’ve made a lot of money. I’m still buying it and also picking up Intel. Their future nodes from their fab sites seem to be performing well and even being considered by Jensen for the successor to 2024’s Blackwell chips.

I think Apple will have some transition issues if they move out of TSMC in Taiwan. They’re positioned worse than others and as far as I know haven’t explored Samsung and Intel foundry options as contingency plans.
Old 12 June 2023, 01:56 AM   #10314
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Hope you bought some of that NVIDIA last fall when we were talking about the Ada Lovelace launch here. Would’ve made a lot of money. I’m still buying it and also picking up Intel. Their future nodes from their fab sites seem to be performing well and even being considered by Jensen for the successor to 2024’s Blackwell chips.

I think Apple will have some transition issues if they move out of TSMC in Taiwan. They’re positioned worse than others and as far as I know haven’t explored Samsung and Intel foundry options as contingency plans.
sadly i didn't, i chickened out lol. realistically i can't imagine i would've held it long either. for the most part i haven't even held anything longer than a week during this entire rally because it feels like you can't trust it but here we are...

need to get into intel though
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2023, 10:32 PM   #10315
904VT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
sadly i didn't, i chickened out lol. realistically i can't imagine i would've held it long either. for the most part i haven't even held anything longer than a week during this entire rally because it feels like you can't trust it but here we are...

need to get into intel though
I bought NVIDIA and Intel and both have done very well for me. The other one in the space we were talking about last Summer/Fall as a good value was AMD. Kicking myself for not making a move on that one.
Old 15 June 2023, 03:22 AM   #10316
7sins
"TRF" Member

Interesting chart here, extreme greed is nearing all time highs with index levels overvalued at 52 week highs, QQQ RSI 90+. Companies are no longer able to pass along higher prices, unit volumes are falling and earnings expectations will miss into the future - SPY earnings at $240 next year, that is absurd.

I've liquidated all my positions ex my small cap bios, loading into a 5 year treasury and then the proceeds into QQQ puts Jan 2025 strike 380 where IV is only 15%. That is a 525 day runway with a b/e of only a 10% move down on a very overvalued market, laddering those with OTM 2025 QQQ puts. Will put the remaining 50% DCA the next month before the following fed meeting in July. Fed pausing at 5% will eventually break the economy, Citadel the largest market maker is doing the same except going short on HY credit: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...g-us-recession

Just my .02, not financial advice, you should probably do the opposite of whatever my strategy is at this point. Typically not a bear, but been bearish for awhile now and now this is the biggest bearish position i've had since 2013. That or next thread I start is, sold all my watches to pay margin calls
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2023, 03:58 AM   #10317
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Interesting chart. Analysts are certainly all over the place with projections on the S&P anywhere from 3900 to 5000 with earnings as high as 242 for 2024. The Fed will speak in about 1/2 hour and have no doubt they will not raise, but actually talk tough, signaling a skip. We won’t know for a couple months, but I believe they’ve raised for the last time in this cycle.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 04:50 AM   #10318
FLGatorM5
2024 Pledge Member

Talking Stocks 2.0

This price action is downright silly.
FLGatorM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 06:06 AM   #10319
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGatorM5 View Post
This price action is downright silly.
maybe I am crazy, but I still think the bottom is going to fall out.

nothing makes sense here.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 06:23 AM   #10320
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
I love B's graph as it is historical data and am nervous this "irrational exuberance" cannot go on as it has. The only variable not in the graph is that represented is QE. Everything in there was before the QE era of the Fed.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote