The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 998 70.53%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 59 4.17%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 358 25.30%
Voters: 1415. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 May 2022, 08:01 PM   #2491
Mike79
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
You may not be wrong Mike.

Can two new Rolex watches with a timing issue be linked to the longer term issue we are discussing?

Is this enough data to make a decision?
To be honest I'm a little bit confused, I think, and as mentioned we have not enough data to know a true. Some new Rolex works properly for more than one year or even longer.
We will see, I still like Rolex and will read this Forum more often.
Mike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 08:09 PM   #2492
saxo3
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike79 View Post
Rolex still can not permanently fix problems with 32xx.
OK Mike, let's discuss it "brutually" factual: what is your proof or data set or whatever signature that your hard claim is right? Try to convince with statistically relevant data or facts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
Can two new Rolex watches with a timing issue be linked to the longer term issue we are discussing?
Is this enough data to make a decision?
You know the simple answer Eddie: 2 x No; my two single 3285 watches are statistically irrelevant and nobody can draw any final conclusion here.
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 09:58 PM   #2493
Mike79
"TRF" Member

@saxo3

Of course I haven't proofs. It' s only mine opinion. I think like this, because this problem still repeats. Of course it is possible, that Rolex already fixed problems with cal. 32xx.
Mike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2022, 09:06 AM   #2494
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike79 View Post
@saxo3

Of course I haven't proofs. It' s only mine opinion. I think like this, because this problem still repeats. Of course it is possible, that Rolex already fixed problems with cal. 32xx.

So far the evidence is they haven’t fully fixed it. 2021 watches are still suffering…

Based on all I’ve read on this here and other forums, based on Bas’s comment on his thoughts on the issue. The fact that he hasn’t reported back saying there is a known fix I think the issue is one where a particular component is required to be in a very tight tolerance range and they are struggling to mass produce within this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 02:44 AM   #2495
SchiftyDMD
"TRF" Member

So I purchase my 126613LN beginning of April 2022 from an AD

First few weeks to month it was around -1 second a day

I stopped tracking it for a few weeks

Beginning of June I started tracking it again and it’s around -7 to -8 seconds a day

I will say I wear the heck out of my watch and starting mid-May I began wearing during my workouts and hikes in the Arizona sun

So the watch sees some full activity days - morning workout, day of seeing patients as a dentist & night of chasing after young children - not sure if the activity has anything to do with the increased loss of time

I typically store the watch at night dial up

SchiftyDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 02:48 AM   #2496
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Very interesting!

Your 2022 Submariner has the 3235 movement installed.

It is not a good sign that your Submariner changed in only 3 months from -1 s/d to -7/-8 s/d.

It looks that your caliber may develop the known 32xx issue(s) described and studied in this thread.

I recommend to check your 32xx movement either with a smartphone timekeeping app, e.g. Watch Tracker, or (better) with a timegrapher. For both, I can guide you what and how to do.

Anyhow, make sure that your movement is fully wound, which needs about 40 full crown turns (360 degrees).
Old 23 June 2022, 02:59 AM   #2497
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollie
Seems like the 3230 (no date) movement should be fine?
S.Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 03:00 AM   #2498
SchiftyDMD
"TRF" Member

So this may be a noob mistake - but I wear the watch almost 12 hours a day very actively- so I have no manually wound it in awhile - given my daily use - what is the recommendation in terms of how often I should manually wind?

SchiftyDMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 03:05 AM   #2499
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchiftyDMD View Post
So this may be a noob mistake - but I wear the watch almost 12 hours a day very actively- so I have no manually wound it in awhile - given my daily use - what is the recommendation in terms of how often I should manually wind?

A 32xx caliber needs 35-40 full (360 degrees) windings. Measurements you find here:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...postcount=1704

If you then wear it as you described (12 hours every day) then you don't need to rewind it. I tested that several times for a period of 2 months, timekeeping was perfect. That's of course only valid if your 3235 movement is 'healthy'.

Not to forget that the 3235 has a power reserve of about 70 hours.
Old 23 June 2022, 03:19 AM   #2500
Agamemnon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex - Panerai
I have a 3235 on the DJ and a 3235 on the Submariner and they are both perfect.
Never had a problem, about +1 second a day both of them.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 03:31 AM   #2501
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
So I purchase my 126613LN beginning of April 2022 from an AD

First few weeks to month it was around -1 second a day

I stopped tracking it for a few weeks

Beginning of June I started tracking it again and it’s around -7 to -8 seconds a day

I will say I wear the heck out of my watch and starting mid-May I began wearing during my workouts and hikes in the Arizona sun

So the watch sees some full activity days - morning workout, day of seeing patients as a dentist & night of chasing after young children - not sure if the activity has anything to do with the increased loss of time

I typically store the watch at night dial up

Clear typical 3235 issue.RSC

Seems the issue has not been resolved from 2018/2019 manufacture .This is 2022.
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 03:37 AM   #2502
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Clear typical 3235 issue.RSC

Seems the issue has not been resolved from 2018/2019 manufacture .This is 2022.
Exactly my preliminary conclusion for the described rates of -7 to -8 s/d.

For me, most interesting is April 2022 and that it developed rather quickly.
Old 23 June 2022, 07:20 AM   #2503
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:

12 hours a day with fairly active lifestyle and running after kids. I wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned about it being insufficiently wound.
If in doubt, don't manually wind it and simply take it off at the end of your regular day and set the watch aside without touching it until it stops of it's own accord.

This test does two distinct things.
Firstly the mainspring has a chance to wind down completely which may be beneficial in your case.
Secondly, you have an opportunity to record the amount of power reserve you are getting with your daily routine.

As an example, i can wear my watches(which have completely stopped) with a 3135 movement for a fairly casual 8 hour day and get the full 48 hour power reserve out of them(give or take 0.5 of an hour) after setting them aside
I have every confidence your power reserve will be fine given your account of your lifestyle, so your watch should be fully wound at the end of the day.

If you manually wind it, you muck up one half of the real world test and you won't have a clue as to where you were at as a baseline and waste your time

Please check back in and let us know how you go in a few days and don't worry about the timekeeping component just yet. We will help you get to that in good time
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 08:43 AM   #2504
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:

i wear my watches at a desk job 10 hours a day and they're fully wound by the end of the day. I take off the watch Friday evening and they're still ticking Monday morning for example. Wind is not the issue, sadly this appears to be the 32XX issue and you'll likely need to take this in... very sad it's a 2022 watch...
Old 23 June 2022, 08:43 AM   #2505
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I have a 3235 on the DJ and a 3235 on the Submariner and they are both perfect.
Never had a problem, about +1 second a day both of them.
great to hear, what's the age on both these watches?
Old 23 June 2022, 10:40 AM   #2506
Luisrm02
"TRF" Member

126610ln here that I purchased and, wound on March 14, 2022 from my friendly neighborhood AD. The watch has been incredible, lost TOTAL 40 seconds. Crazier still at first it lost .5 to 1 second or so daily and has settled in to lose almost nothing a day. In June the watch has lost 4.5 seconds to present. Haven’t manually wound since I’ve received the watch.
Luisrm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 11:31 AM   #2507
MikeyV
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41 TT
My watch runs way slow after a full wind. Like -7 spd.

After it settles out it's still slow by 3-4 spd.

Yeah, it's doing it again.
MikeyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 02:22 PM   #2508
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
My watch runs way slow after a full wind. Like -7 spd.

After it settles out it's still slow by 3-4 spd.

Yeah, it's doing it again.
Hi Mike, sorry to hear that the problem came back again.

For the new thread participants here in a few graphs your data between Jan 2019 and June 2021.

You have collected the largest number of individual data points, which I have seen, for a single 32xx watch. That is impressively systematic.

If you continued to measure I could 'update' my graphs but would need the new data since June 2021 ...

Cheers!

PS: what happened to this watch is described here:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...postcount=1415
Old 23 June 2022, 04:03 PM   #2509
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Explorer View Post
Seems like the 3230 (no date) movement should be fine?
There are examples of that one having issues in this thread, too.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:33 AM   #2510
saxo3
"TRF" Member

For everybody on a watch forum who wants to learn something, just in case you don't know it already :-)

Accuracy vs. Precision:
Understanding Watch Performannce

https://revolutionwatch.com/accuracy...ch-performance
Old 25 June 2022, 08:24 AM   #2511
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
For everybody on a watch forum who wants to learn something, just in case you don't know it already :-)

Accuracy vs. Precision:
Understanding Watch Performannce

https://revolutionwatch.com/accuracy...ch-performance

My lord we understand this but what I ask but you and Charles don’t answer and it’s also mentioned in the article.

If a watch is precise but running one min slow is it in spec for Rolex??? No it is not. You take it to rsc and they accept warranty work. The never said “accurate” so why should they??? But they do as they are explaining to the consumer how the watch should be keeping time. They are using the term interchangeable. The rsc accept the definition accuracy and work on the watch.

They don’t ask oh it’s it 60 seconds slow? But is it -55s to 65s or 61s to 59s? You know we only said precision not accuracy?

No they don’t they apologise and say they will go fix it. They are communicating to the customer how well the watch should keep time. This includes accuracy.

You need to understand context in words on how they are used not just drill in on a singular specific definition. Quite frankly this is a life skill.

Old 25 June 2022, 08:57 AM   #2512
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
My lord we understand this but what I ask but you and Charles don’t answer and it’s also mentioned in the article.

If a watch is precise but running one min slow is it in spec for Rolex??? No it is not. You take it to rsc and they accept warranty work. The never said “accurate” so why should they??? But they do as they are explaining to the consumer how the watch should be keeping time. They are using the term interchangeable. The rsc accept the definition accuracy and work on the watch.

They don’t ask oh it’s it 60 seconds slow? But is it -55s to 65s or 61s to 59s? You know we only said precision not accuracy?

Well put

I think there are two separate approaches which the Mothership adopts.
The precision terminology is skillfully used by the marketing division where they lay the groundwork to smudge the issue. Why they adopt this approach, I do not know or understand
But why it's argued about on internet forums mystifies me.
I think we understand that precision is desired in order to achieve accuracy.
To take the precision argument to it's ultimate conclusion, would be to assert that a stopped or broken watch is the pinnacle of precision or accuracy twice per day.

Then there is the practice, where the RSC's are tasked with making the watches run right and implement a policy which actually works to the aim of ensuring customer satisfaction.
This is demonstrated time and again whenever they return a watch from repair or service
The RSC will even fine tune the accuracy of a watch if one asks nicely. But in this day and age Rolex fully understands what their aims and objectives are in terms of the ultimate goal in pursuit of the accuracy the discerning customer expects.
After all, Rolex knows they're up against increasingly better Quartz technology and Hybrid(Spring drive) technology even if their core business is mechalical watches.
Rolex should be judged by their deeds.
It's just a shame they're tethered to their 32xx movements and doubling down.
We wouldn't be having this conversation or this thread wouldn't exist if they had stuck with the 31xx movements as they were just as capable and more so than the new movements over the lifetime of ownership.

The deeds of Rolex are testament to their intent through the RSC's shiping out watches after repair or servicing that exhibit acceptable accuracy.
The watches are seemingly running fine when they leave the factory as well.
It's just that they don't have a lot to work with outside of the previous generation of movements which ultimately is a corporate problem
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 01:35 AM   #2513
Dufresne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
There are examples of that one having issues in this thread, too.

My 124270 Explorer has the issue and I will be sending to RSC soon.

Dufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 01:58 AM   #2514
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufresne View Post
My 124270 Explorer has the issue and I will be sending to RSC soon.
Sorry to hear, what do you observe for your 3230 caliber?
Old 26 June 2022, 02:00 AM   #2515
saxo3
"TRF" Member

For new members, just a reminder about the introduction dates of all 32xx movements.

2015: 3235, 3255
2016: -
2017: -
2018: 3285
2019: -
2020: 3230
Old 26 June 2022, 02:08 AM   #2516
Annan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233
Quote:
For new members, just a reminder about the introduction dates of all 32xx movements.

2015: 3235, 3255
2016: -
2017: -
2018: 3285
2019: -
2020: 3230
Now......if we only had information as to when/if Rolex made any modifications (corrections) to these movements.
Old 26 June 2022, 03:12 AM   #2517
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
My 10 mo old 41 No Date Sub is still keeping close to perfect time. I've only worn it for total of about 2-2.5 mo, since I rotate my watches, but still ~0s change per day until reserve gets low and it can change like 2-3s/day.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 06:45 AM   #2518
Dufresne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry to hear, what do you observe for your 3230 caliber?

Watch was purchased brand new from AD. In my first eight months of ownership, the watch never lost time regardless of position and was always within 0 to +1.0sec/day on average. Worn daily and taken off at night. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, it started keeping time erratically and losing time without any of my wearing or storage habits changing. These were the results when I took it to the AD last week:

Old 26 June 2022, 08:15 AM   #2519
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufresne View Post
Watch was purchased brand new from AD. In my first eight months of ownership, the watch never lost time regardless of position and was always within 0 to +1.0sec/day on average. Worn daily and taken off at night. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, it started keeping time erratically and losing time without any of my wearing or storage habits changing. These were the results when I took it to the AD last week:

Oh dear sorry to see this. You’ve left it with rsc?

What you’re describing is unfortunately the typical account of what happens when this issue hits. Sad that a 2021 3230 is showing this issue still.

Side note your watch like all but one of my 32xx movement watches runs faster dd wonder why this movement does this vs du. My non Rolex watches or my Daytonas don’t exhibit this trait. Not to this degree anyway.

Old 26 June 2022, 09:06 AM   #2520
Dufresne
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
Oh dear sorry to see this. You’ve left it with rsc?

What you’re describing is unfortunately the typical account of what happens when this issue hits. Sad that a 2021 3230 is showing this issue still.

Side note your watch like all but one of my 32xx movement watches runs faster dd wonder why this movement does this vs du. My non Rolex watches or my Daytonas don’t exhibit this trait. Not to this degree anyway.

I haven’t sent it off yet. I kind of wanted to get through the summer months with it. I hate to have to give it up for what will probably be at least a month I’m told, and that’s even with Rolex expediting warranty claims.