The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 January 2023, 12:09 PM   #121
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamfo85 View Post
Are these the 2023 model? If so what store did you purchase them from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes they are. I got them from a trusted reseller who gets all early pairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2023, 01:49 PM   #122
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawman77 View Post
Unless you're hooping or skating in them, I don't think the heels, collars, etc. should wear down all that much in rotation, unless of course you're wearing the same pair 365.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParm View Post
Looks great! Now let's see the collection.

Good question and one that I don't have an answer to as someone new to the game, but I would anticipate wearing things in rotation (like our watches) so that you aren't beating up the same sneakers to death.
So I genuinely don't know. The store said I could just go to a cobbler and add a rubber sole like I do with my dress shoes, but then cobbler said the rubber shoes wont stick to sneaker rubber.

I'm not usually one to obsess about wear and tear (especially on shoes), but do find my dress shoes pronate after a few wears in rotation, and the other non-sport sneakers I've bought int he past also had the same problem. So maybe the short answer is I'll have to stick to dress shoes or regular workout gym shoes!

But again, the dress shoes I just repair, if 500+USD sneakers can't last long, then I'm out of the game before it even starts!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 02:49 AM   #123
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
My new favorite pair...even better than the Lost and Found's!

Maison Chateau Rouge killed it with the details - the box and papers, the supple leather / suede, the brogueing - everything is top notch.

I know the Jordan 2 silhouette isn't everyone's cup of tea (I have the Chicago's on the way as well), but this collaboration with MCR is on another level. This feels more LV than Nike. Absolutely love it!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Old 8 January 2023, 03:47 AM   #124
Lawman77
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Maison Chateau Rouge killed it with the details - the box and papers, the supple leather / suede, the brogueing - everything is top notch.

I know the Jordan 2 silhouette isn't everyone's cup of tea (I have the Chicago's on the way as well), but this collaboration with MCR is on another level. This feels more LV than Nike. Absolutely love it!

Those are amazing. Thanks for adding to my wish list!
Lawman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 04:40 AM   #125
JTL31
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Those look great.
Just curious, how is your sneakers collection comparing to that of your watches? You seem to have gone full steam on the sneaks recently.
JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 08:48 AM   #126
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Those are amazing. Thanks for adding to my wish list!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL31 View Post
Those look great.
Just curious, how is your sneakers collection comparing to that of your watches? You seem to have gone full steam on the sneaks recently.
Thanks gents! They are even better than what I expected, and I was already in love with them from pictures online. That's very rare these days.

The watch collection will always be #1, but while I wait for that "last" Rolex to fill the box, the sneakers will be have to do.

JParm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2023, 09:01 AM   #127
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Congrats love these, great pickup.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2023, 12:41 PM   #128
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

When in Seattle, of course you take the kiddo to Nike...

Old 9 January 2023, 01:26 PM   #129
Shmoopy
"TRF" Member

The only two pairs of sneakers that I have paid over retail for in the past decade. (Granted, the air max BWs were like $10 over retail lol)

Shmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2023, 10:13 AM   #130
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoopy View Post
The only two pairs of sneakers that I have paid over retail for in the past decade. (Granted, the air max BWs were like $10 over retail lol)
Unlike watches, I'm ok paying (slightly) above retail for shoes. Go figure. Love those Travis Scott's.

My Chicago 2's came in and I'll be honest, they're not the best in terms of material. I think the Maison Chateau Rouge's have spoiled me with the premium leathers, because these Chicago's feel like cheap plastic. Just look at the details between the two below.

I mainly bought them more as a collector's item to go with the Lost and Found's, and I'll end up paying above retail for the Cement 3's when those are available to round it out. It is cool that they come as they would have in the 80's with the box and brochure but for the price, I expected more. They almost feel like a wal-mart copy of the MCR's...

The Maison Chateau Rouge 2 remains king!

Old 10 January 2023, 11:06 AM   #131
Shmoopy
"TRF" Member

Those Maison Chateau Rouge 2s look really good! I've never seen those before. (Not that I keep up with any releases, etc.)

JParm, I will be joining you and paying over retail for the cement 3s, if I can't buy them in the app. Those are my all-time favorite.
Shmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 01:44 AM   #132
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoopy View Post
Those Maison Chateau Rouge 2s look really good! I've never seen those before. (Not that I keep up with any releases, etc.)

JParm, I will be joining you and paying over retail for the cement 3s, if I can't buy them in the app. Those are my all-time favorite.
I just got a pair of racer blue 3's to help with the wait, haha.
Old 11 January 2023, 09:24 AM   #133
Adamfo85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Unlike watches, I'm ok paying (slightly) above retail for shoes. Go figure. Love those Travis Scott's.

My Chicago 2's came in and I'll be honest, they're not the best in terms of material. I think the Maison Chateau Rouge's have spoiled me with the premium leathers, because these Chicago's feel like cheap plastic. Just look at the details between the two below.

I mainly bought them more as a collector's item to go with the Lost and Found's, and I'll end up paying above retail for the Cement 3's when those are available to round it out. It is cool that they come as they would have in the 80's with the box and brochure but for the price, I expected more. They almost feel like a wal-mart copy of the MCR's...

The Maison Chateau Rouge 2 remains king!

Still annoyed I missed out on those Chicago 2’s. Will prb just have to purchase via resale. Really enjoy these as a consolation

Adamfo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 10:40 AM   #134
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

These should be arriving any day. Love stock x bids when i forget about what i bid one and win .

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 11:34 AM   #135
Lawman77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post

These should be arriving any day. Love stock x bids when i forget about what i bid one and win .

Awesome! pair! Stock X is my go to! Never had any issues with quality. I have 3 more pairs coming this week....
Lawman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 12:22 PM   #136
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
I'm going to have to do that - put up some low bids and wait for them to pop. Thanks for the idea!

Shot of our eldest and me before dinner tonight. Apologies for the soft focus. Our youngest was like "let me put my Nike's on too, Dad" - I had to tell him we'll take separate pictures, because yours are air max's. Looks like it's time to buy a 3rd and 4th pair for him and my wife to make it a family affair.

Old 11 January 2023, 01:35 PM   #137
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm going to have to do that - put up some low bids and wait for them to pop. Thanks for the idea!

Shot of our eldest and me before dinner tonight. Apologies for the soft focus. Our youngest was like "let me put my Nike's on too, Dad" - I had to tell him we'll take separate pictures, because yours are air max's. Looks like it's time to buy a 3rd and 4th pair for him and my wife to make it a family affair.

Absolutely, it’s the best. Paid $128.60 after fees which i think is pretty close to what i pay when i grab them from a store. Maybe a few dollars more but not much.

My daughter loves Jordan’s. Hard to buy a 9 year old $120 shoes when they destroy them. But usually I’ll get her 1 pair a year plus her basketball shoes.

Old 11 January 2023, 01:51 PM   #138
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Royal oaks and lost & founds

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 11 January 2023, 02:43 PM   #139
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Awesome! pair! Stock X is my go to! Never had any issues with quality. I have 3 more pairs coming this week....

I really do like it. I like being able to see historical sales and just waiting until it’s the price i want. It’s great.

Old 14 January 2023, 02:22 PM   #140
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

I've got a couple more sneakers on the way, which I'll be sure to snap pics of...once you pop, you can't stop!

In the meantime, what are the thoughts here around collaborations like Supreme, Off White, etc.? Worth the absurd premium, or just get the shoes that like similar (e.g. if you want the Off White Jordan 4 look, just get the Shimmer 4 instead at a fraction of the price)? It's not like we're talking Invicta vs. Rolex, it's still Nike vs Nike...

Obviously I like collaborations, as I bought the Khaled 5's and Maison Chateau 2's, but those came either at retail or slightly under. I really like the Off White AJ 1's, but can't fathom spending that much on pre-owned - because lord knows I'm definitely not spending new.
Old 15 January 2023, 01:28 AM   #141
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Hit on the true blues this morning! Love the color way and I think a lot of people slept on this release

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 15 January 2023, 01:56 AM   #142
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I've got a couple more sneakers on the way, which I'll be sure to snap pics of...once you pop, you can't stop!

In the meantime, what are the thoughts here around collaborations like Supreme, Off White, etc.? Worth the absurd premium, or just get the shoes that like similar (e.g. if you want the Off White Jordan 4 look, just get the Shimmer 4 instead at a fraction of the price)? It's not like we're talking Invicta vs. Rolex, it's still Nike vs Nike...

Obviously I like collaborations, as I bought the Khaled 5's and Maison Chateau 2's, but those came either at retail or slightly under. I really like the Off White AJ 1's, but can't fathom spending that much on pre-owned - because lord knows I'm definitely not spending new.
it depends. i think the off white 4s are the best of all the off white collabs and the price isn't too crazy. i also can't imagine spending 5k on the off white 1s, let alone wearing them

i have a bit of a limit on how much i'd spend on a pair, which is around 1-1.5k if i really like the sneaker. the most i spent was on the travis scott sbs in 2020. bought them for $1200 and since then they've mostly sat around 1700-2000 and the problem then became do i actually want to wear sneakers that are that expensive. i've yet to wear them and i'm leaning towards just selling them and getting a few other sbs for the price. i also had the off white 4s and sold them because i didn't wear them. i'll probably get them back one day because they're just too clean
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2023, 02:22 AM   #143
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
it depends. i think the off white 4s are the best of all the off white collabs and the price isn't too crazy. i also can't imagine spending 5k on the off white 1s, let alone wearing them

i have a bit of a limit on how much i'd spend on a pair, which is around 1-1.5k if i really like the sneaker. the most i spent was on the travis scott sbs in 2020. bought them for $1200 and since then they've mostly sat around 1700-2000 and the problem then became do i actually want to wear sneakers that are that expensive. i've yet to wear them and i'm leaning towards just selling them and getting a few other sbs for the price. i also had the off white 4s and sold them because i didn't wear them. i'll probably get them back one day because they're just too clean

My limit is around what yours is for what I would pay. The off white 4’s are ridiculously good, but won’t get myself to pay that resell price.

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 15 January 2023, 02:34 AM   #144
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for the input gents, and congrats on the true blue's, Screwly! Definitely a nice add to the collection.

I haven't spent over $450 but I can see myself going to around $1-1.2k. But even then, I'm very hesitant.

Funny when you think about it, as we all spend tens of thousands on watches!
Old 15 January 2023, 02:49 AM   #145
HERITAGE82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Hit on the true blues this morning! Love the color way and I think a lot of people slept on this release

Man those are sweet… making me want to buy another pair of Jays
- Breitling Chronomat - 10th Anniv.
- Huguenin Freres Speedmaster Prototype
HERITAGE82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2023, 03:10 AM   #146
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
My limit is around what yours is for what I would pay. The off white 4’s are ridiculously good, but won’t get myself to pay that resell price.

Quote:
Thanks for the input gents, and congrats on the true blue's, Screwly! Definitely a nice add to the collection.

I haven't spent over $450 but I can see myself going to around $1-1.2k. But even then, I'm very hesitant.

Funny when you think about it, as we all spend tens of thousands on watches!
i think it helps that you can always wear these hyped pairs and sell them for at least half of what you paid if they're not completely destroyed. generally they keep their value pretty well, especially if you take care of them. the hard part is just getting past the fact that one wrong step outside and your day is ruined lol
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2023, 03:18 AM   #147
logo
"TRF" Member

I don’t buy every pair to collect, only buy the ones I want to wear. So when the Nike gets way above MSRP, I compare it to what else I could get with the money - a good pair of cowboy boots, Gucci sneakers etc. Then I decide which I’d prefer and if I still want the Nike, I buy’em. Only Nike that has won that decision recently was the AMM 4 and I’m very happy with it.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2023, 05:27 AM   #148
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:

LOL, everytime I open this thread you keep adding....and that's every couple of days. Your killing it Jesse, Love this dedication and new obsession.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2023, 06:08 AM   #149
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
I don’t buy every pair to collect, only buy the ones I want to wear. So when the Nike gets way above MSRP, I compare it to what else I could get with the money - a good pair of cowboy boots, Gucci sneakers etc. Then I decide which I’d prefer and if I still want the Nike, I buy’em. Only Nike that has won that decision recently was the AMM 4 and I’m very happy with it.
It's funny, I started this thread just a couple months ago and my collecting habits have gone back and forth quickly. I first bought to collect (you can see one of my earlier posts about it), and now after some time I'm buying more to wear.

Having said that, I probably won't wear the L&F's and Chicago 2's - add the white cement 3's to that when I end up paying above retail for them - but that's strictly because I want to collect those because of the history / story behind them. In lieu of wearing those 3 sneakers, I've bought similar pairs that are just a tad different (Satin Snake 1's, MCR 2's, incoming UNC 3's). They still call to the historical models but are unique enough that they aren't every day pairs you see out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
LOL, everytime I open this thread you keep adding....and that's every couple of days. Your killing it Jesse, Love this dedication and new obsession.
Haha, thanks Nicholas - though I don't know that my wife and wallet agree. There's just SO many good sneakers out there. Once my BLNR comes in (hopefully soon?), I'll probably have to slow down.

You all are enablers...I love it!
Old 15 January 2023, 07:09 AM   #150
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's funny, I started this thread just a couple months ago and my collecting habits have gone back and forth quickly. I first bought to collect (you can see one of my earlier posts about it), and now after some time I'm buying more to wear.

Having said that, I probably won't wear the L&F's and Chicago 2's - add the white cement 3's to that when I end up paying above retail for them - but that's strictly because I want to collect those because of the history / story behind them. In lieu of wearing those 3 sneakers, I've bought similar pairs that are just a tad different (Satin Snake 1's, MCR 2's, incoming UNC 3's). They still call to the historical models but are unique enough that they aren't every day pairs you see out there.

Haha, thanks Nicholas - though I don't know that my wife and wallet agree. There's just SO many good sneakers out there. Once my BLNR comes in (hopefully soon?), I'll probably have to slow down.

You all are enablers...I love it!

I only buy what i will wear, that seems to keep it reasonable. It takes out all the crazy pairs that cost thousands. But i want the Travis Scott cactus jacks, that’s probably the highest I’ll go.