The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 May 2023, 05:31 PM   #31
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth9999 View Post
RIP Mike Tyson Booth
(11/27/2013-5/23/23)
What do you say about a creature that you birthed into your hands and then held his head while he passed. Family! Most of you may not know but Tyson was my work dog (more than a work dog, my daily companion). Waking up this morning and him not there to greet me is rough. He was the best dog I could’ve ever asked for, every day he would get up with me and go to work, wander the job sites never string more than sight distance from me; watching the guys and making sure everybody was safe! He would live practically in the back of my truck, every week on material runs through the desert getting him In-N-Out burgers. That backseat truly was his happiest place on earth and while he was there mine too.
I spend more time with this dog for the past 10 years I have with anybody on earth. We unfortunately found out on Monday that he had terminal bladder cancer, the doctor was able to make him comfortable enough to come spend the day with me. I am beyond heartbroken, gutted, destroyed. 3464 days is never enough. I miss you so much.
Thanks for listening he was such an amazing dog that I wanted to share.
Your post was very moving and i don’t know if there is anything anyone can say anything to make you feel slightly better but i bet he thought throughout his life how did i get so lucky to be with this amazing owner.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 08:07 PM   #32
1st amg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
So sad...they are such innocent creatures who depend on us....we are their everything once they leave the litter. Little do they know, these dogs end up being our everything......I am dreading for our family to go through this one day.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 08:15 PM   #33
4 Aussies
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Blue Sky
"If the kindest souls were rewarded with the longest lives, dogs would outlive us all."
4 Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2023, 09:20 PM   #34
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Sorry to hear.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 12:09 AM   #35
Booth9999
"TRF" Member

Thank you all for the kind words, my heart hurts a little less every day.This is a special place with “the best of humanity”. You all are true gentlemen and lady’s. Thank you for listening, as a man in this world it’s hard to lay out your feelings. I came here for knowledge of watches; your positivity and kindness keep me here. Thank you all! Here are a few pics of my boy, he was a stud! 95lbs of muscular love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Booth9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 12:27 AM   #36
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Sweet boy! We lost our Boxer at 10 years old to a heart condition around Christmas of 2019. They're the best and miss Dudley James terribly to this day!
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 12:29 AM   #37
Booth9999
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dba View Post
I also had a dog that accompanied me to work every day. She was my patrol dog for eight years of my 20 years as a police officer. After her retirement she became the ranch dog and had a wonderful retirement. She even had a goat as a roommate for a little while.

She developed cancer and we started treating it aggressively. She had a favorite spot on the lawn where she could see two sides of the house, (always protecting). I went out to check on her and found she'd had a stroke. She was still alive, but unresponsive, so it was time.

I almost managed to get through typing this without crying, but it didn't happen. It is the rare day that when I speak of her, I don't well up.

What I can say is, you gave that pup the best life. It's going to be tough for a while, but smiles will eventually come to your face when you think of him. I don't know if dogs go to heaven, but if they don't, when I die, I want to go where they are. God Bless.
I too want to go to see them again. Thanks for sharing I feel the same way when I speak of him. If anyone wants to share a pic of their old friends that have passed so we can remember them I would like that. Have a great day everyone!
Booth9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 01:53 AM   #38
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
The passing of a dog…

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he had a great life though.

Boxers are such amazing dogs. This was our girl, Keeva, who has been gone about 2.5 years now. She was simply the best.

Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 03:03 AM   #39
JTL31
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
Your post was very moving and i don’t know if there is anything anyone can say anything to make you feel slightly better but i bet he thought throughout his life how did i get so lucky to be with this amazing owner.
This sums it up perfectly!

OP, your post was very moving and had me teary eyed. I do not look forward to the day my 4-legged family member leaves us.

JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 03:55 AM   #40
DD58
"TRF" Member

This always breaks my heart. Sorry for your loss. Losing a dog is like losing a child. It never is easy there always there for you always happy to see you always making you smile and laugh. I know he had a great life. Im an avid believer that dogs and any creature with a mind of its own get a special place in heaven.And when we become friends with them we will spend all of eternity with them by our side.

DD58 is offline   Reply With Quote