The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 7 October 2016, 06:34 AM   #1
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Anyone Short Twitter yesterday?

Wouldve made a killing today! Still debating on whether I want to hop on the wagon late and maybe make a few dollars, but now i'm worried about a rebound back to 23ish. What do you guys think?
andromeda160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2016, 06:45 AM   #2
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Depends on if another company will be rumored to buy Twitter for 40 Billion USD or so. If yes, then price will spike again. If not, then it will trade in a range IMO.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2016, 06:46 AM   #3
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
I don't own TWTR nor did I short but if it's truly a target, I would think it's a a good time to buy it while its down. I can't imagine the shareholders agreeing to anything less than $25-26 a share. 52 week high is $31.87
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2016, 06:59 AM   #4
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
No but I'm thankful I sold my shares and rolled half the profit into December calls. It's still potentially a miss but pales in comparison to if I held.
Old 7 October 2016, 07:04 AM   #5
andromeda160
Banned

Yeah, just none of the expected heavy hitters are wanting to take it. Which is probably what caused the reaction today. This will be my first trade, but I think its got prettty good potential. I should've started my portfolio when i was 18, but I had too much fun flipping antiques and such. Now im ready to start putting money away for my future and ive noticed most people here have a fairly diverse portfolio with minimum bullion investments. I've always invested in bullion. Stocks scared the hell out of me after 08, but theres so much easy money to be made I cant help but wanting to take a bit more risk.
Old 7 October 2016, 07:08 AM   #6
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I hear you. Be careful though. Shorting is anything but an ideal first trade
Old 7 October 2016, 07:22 AM   #7
andromeda160
Banned

Tiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I hear you. Be careful though. Shorting is anything but an ideal first trade
I'm just going to purchase I think. Renato brought up some good points and i was already worried about a rebound. I think i was a day late on the shorting.

I have practiced trading before many times though, I took every business class my highschool offered and we did stock simulations in almost all where we had to creat a portfolio with up to $100,000 and it was a compitition to see who could make the most money. I always did well, one year i was top 20 in the nation, but its easy when its fake money. I recently went through a break up though and want to be constructive with the extra money I normally would have spent on us and putting it into accounts that will grow instead of my bartenders pocket lol
Old 7 October 2016, 07:26 AM   #8
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
If you had been lucky enough to short Twitter yesterday in light of all the rumors of potential suitors and today happened the SEC would be at your door tomorrow

I've been in and out of it several times in the last 18 months and went my merry way at $23, pigs get slaughtered
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2016, 07:27 AM   #9
locutus49
Banned

You sound like a smart guy. You are young, so you can afford to risk money trading stocks. When you get older, you will likely transition to long term investing rather than trading. Good luck.
Old 7 October 2016, 07:38 AM   #10
andromeda160
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
You sound like a smart guy. You are young, so you can afford to risk money trading stocks. When you get older, you will likely transition to long term investing rather than trading. Good luck.
I do want to get into long term investing as well, trading is alot of work, I just want to have fun for right now, I'm 22 so if i start putting longterm investments away right now into solid companies I can't imagine losing.I plan on investing long term in GE, Boeing or airbus. Really leaning towards GE, But i like airbus as well. Boeing im not as hot for anymore.

If I was really smart I just wouldn't drink, but we all have our vices. being 22 with a fair ammount of money saved up already puts me ahead of most my age.
Old 7 October 2016, 07:39 AM   #11
locutus49
Banned

Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda160 View Post
I do want to get into long term investing as well, trading is alot of work, I just want to have fun for right now, I'm 22 so if i start putting longterm investments away right now into solid companies i can't imagine losing.i plan on investing long term in GE, Boeing or airbus. Really leaning towards GE, But i like airbus as well. Boeing im not as hot for anymore.

If I was really smart I just wouldn't drink, but we all have our vices.
Old 7 October 2016, 07:44 AM   #12
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
If you had been lucky enough to short Twitter yesterday in light of all the rumors of potential suitors and today happened the SEC would be at your door tomorrow

I've been in and out of it several times in the last 18 months and went my merry way at $23, pigs get slaughtered
I thought it was pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered that's what my professor said anyways
Old 7 October 2016, 08:11 AM   #13
andromeda160
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
I thought it was pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered that's what my professor said anyways
"Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered." Was a quote from the movie Wall Street I believe.
Old 7 October 2016, 08:16 AM   #14
locutus49
Banned

I posted on your visitor board.

Quote:
"Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered." Was a quote from the movie Wall Street I believe.
Old 8 October 2016, 12:36 AM   #15
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Exactly.

If I want to gamble I will go to Vegas.

Until then I will stick to stocks with good fundamentals
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2016, 01:07 AM   #16
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
I'm smart enough to know that I am not smart enough to beat the market long term.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2016, 01:39 AM   #17
azguy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
You sound like a smart guy. You are young, so you can afford to risk money trading stocks.
Lol, I do it for a living and sit in front of my computer during the trading day, it's easy for me to my at $15 and sell at $18 and make 20%
Old 8 October 2016, 01:40 AM   #18
azguy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I'm smart enough to know that I am not smart enough to beat the market long term.
Well, I beat the market every year with 60% of the volatility (standard deviation) but it's my business, if I just wanted the "market" I'd buy SPY and go home and play golf.
Old 8 October 2016, 02:47 AM   #19
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
the spy will never go down over the long term unless the entire market fails.

in terms of twitter it is one of the worst run public companies. i wouldnt buy it long.even if it gets bought out RSUs, warrants etc are 100 million shares. so you have a 14% dilution event upon buy out.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote