The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 24 March 2017, 03:20 AM   #1
LuisGonzales
"TRF" Member

Watch: TAG HEUER
Buying a Watch

why is it that if I am buying a watch from anyone on here online or in the real world, ( meaning interacting with real people )...they want the money wired before they ship the watch to you and you have 3 days to look at it and if not to your satisfaction you can ship it back and they will refund your money.
and we are talking about money...$5,000.00 to $8,000.00 cash!!! not even a credit card transaction.
I am thinking of asking them that they ship the watch to me...I will pay COD and once I get the watch confirmed to be a real Rolex. I will wire THEM the money, or I ship the watch back COD to them!

For me to give my money isn't any difference than them sending a watch...why does it have to be their way...that is why I am thinking of just going to a AD.

Sorry if I sound ignorant...but to me there are no ignorant questions. Only the answers coming from those that think they are a lot smarter...making them the....
LuisGonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2017, 03:36 AM   #2
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
If you have enough references then maybe it could work your way. But, when you're dealing with a seller, let's say DavidSW (who I've done a few transactions with), where they have 50 pages of feedback compared to your either zero or handful of deals... it's their ballgame.
If you do your homework on whom you're buying from you won't have to worry about the authenticity of what you're getting.
Old 24 March 2017, 03:41 AM   #3
TheRolexKingofLV
"TRF" Member

Buying from Trusted Sellers with pages of positive reviews is not an issue of trust.

Buying from a "stranger" is a sketchy situation, which sounds like what you may be involved in...please be careful.

"Buy the seller, not the watch"
Old 24 March 2017, 03:42 AM   #4
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisGonzales View Post
why is it that if I am buying a watch from anyone on here online or in the real world, ( meaning interacting with real people )...they want the money wired before they ship the watch to you and you have 3 days to look at it and if not to your satisfaction you can ship it back and they will refund your money.

and we are talking about money...$5,000.00 to $8,000.00 cash!!! not even a credit card transaction.

I am thinking of asking them that they ship the watch to me...I will pay COD and once I get the watch confirmed to be a real Rolex. I will wire THEM the money, or I ship the watch back COD to them!

For me to give my money isn't any difference than them sending a watch...why does it have to be their way...that is why I am thinking of just going to a AD.

Sorry if I sound ignorant...but to me there are no ignorant questions. Only the answers coming from those that think they are a lot smarter...making them the....

If you don't like the rules, then buy elsewhere. Some will take cc but you will be paying the fees.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2017, 04:07 AM   #5
blue16613
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisGonzales View Post

Life is all about choices.

Once you choose to purchase from the grey market rather than an AD, you have gone down the road which will likely lead to your needing to wire funds if you wish to purchase the Rolex you have chosen.

If you go the grey market route, there are a couple of sellers here who are absolutely, totally reliable. Whether you should choose to buy from one of them or not is a choice you need to make...... but I assure you I would not worry about wiring them the money. In that regard they are truly "trusted" sellers.

So, choose your seller VERY carefully!
blue16613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2017, 04:52 AM   #6
Kekela98a
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRolexKingofLV View Post
Buying from Trusted Sellers with pages of positive reviews is not an issue of trust.

Buying from a "stranger" is a sketchy situation, which sounds like what you may be involved in...please be careful.

"Buy the seller, not the watch"
Good tip. This is definitely an important point that I learned.
Kekela98a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2017, 06:11 AM   #7
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

When you buy from Amazon, do you pay first or do they ship first? Exactly.
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2017, 06:20 AM   #8
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
When you buy from Amazon, do you pay first or do they ship first? Exactly.
When you buy from Amazon they ship first and you pay your Credit Card later. Exactly.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2017, 06:26 AM   #9
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
If you don't like the rules, then buy elsewhere. Some will take cc but you will be paying the fees.
No need to go elsewhere. As the buyer you can dictate the rules just as much as the seller. That also includes the seller paying the credit card fees as well as shipping. If they want your business the seller will have to accommodate. This is a buyers market and you have a lot of leverage.

I agree with you that wiring money to a sellers bank is not a smart move for a buyer. You are better off paying with a PayPal/Credit Card.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2017, 06:33 AM   #10
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
No need to go elsewhere. As the buyer you can dictate the rules just as much as the seller. That also includes the seller paying the credit card fees as well as shipping. If they want your business the seller will have to accommodate. This is a buyers market and you have a lot of leverage.

I agree with you that wiring money to a sellers bank is not a smart move for a buyer. You are better off paying with a PayPal/Credit Card.

Good luck with that. Let me know how that works for you.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote