The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 27 January 2017, 09:07 AM   #1
Dartos
Banned

thesaint2009 Scammer? (A false accusation!)

Watchout he/them is/are a scammer (in my opinion)

His post "FS IWC pilot chrono" is not correct. Watch doesn't have papers. Made me travel an hour after agreed price and condition of watch; turns out that he doesn't have papers.

Luckily I checked the box before I handed the money and there wasent any warranty card so i gave up from trade.

After i pointed out and showed him his text in which clearly he stated out that he has a warranty card dated late 2015. He played ignorant and stupid and tried to wiggle out from awkward situation.

Unfortunately his TRF and TZ references are good so I obviously made that mistake thinking and believing in his references.

I hope this post will help people out of his scams or steal other people's time and money like he did to me.

Best of Luck everyone....!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 January 2017, 09:24 AM   #2
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Is this the watch in question: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=517952
Old 27 January 2017, 09:26 AM   #3
Dartos
Banned

Exactly that one you have it on his website "thegoldenswan.com"

Old 27 January 2017, 09:31 AM   #4
Dartos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post

Exactly ty for posting this i am new guy on this forum so don't know all the tricks.
He has it as well on his web page "thegoldenswan.com"

Ty

Old 27 January 2017, 09:12 PM   #5
TimeToGo

Maybe he will come here and admit he made a mistake..
Old 27 January 2017, 10:29 PM   #6
Knappo 1307

I have no dog in this fight, but I did PM the seller about this thread yesterday. Hopefully he will respond.
Old 27 January 2017, 10:44 PM   #7
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
No dog in the fight either but there's a difference between a mistake and a purposeful "scam."

Old 27 January 2017, 11:03 PM   #8
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Was the watch as described?
Old 28 January 2017, 12:15 AM   #9
Dartos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Was the watch as described?

Yes watch was in mint condition so everything was in as described except there was no warranty card

Old 28 January 2017, 12:19 AM   #10
Dartos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
No dog in the fight either but there's a difference between a mistake and a purposeful "scam."

Well that I can't judge....after everything finished I felt tricked what ever it was spent time and money on false information

Old 28 January 2017, 12:46 AM   #11
psv
"TRF" Member

Sorry that you had an experience that couldn't be resolved and/or didn't live up to your expectations, but it is borderline libel to call this seller a scammer. MV has sold watches for well over a decade, I've done several deals with him and never had any issues.

He doesn't have a fairly large inventory so unless you have proof of otherwise, I would put this down as a mistake. In his adds it says it has papers, it does seem to come with papers but not a warranty card per se. I don't think a "scammer" would be bothered with meeting you in person to do a deal.

Again, I understand that you are upset but there are better ways to address this than coming here with no history and start complaining.
Old 28 January 2017, 01:07 AM   #12
Dartos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
Sorry that you had an experience that couldn't be resolved and/or didn't live up to your expectations, but it is borderline libel to call this seller a scammer. MV has sold watches for well over a decade, I've done several deals with him and never had any issues.

He doesn't have a fairly large inventory so unless you have proof of otherwise, I would put this down as a mistake. In his adds it says it has papers, it does seem to come with papers but not a warranty card per se. I don't think a "scammer" would be bothered with meeting you in person to do a deal.

Again, I understand that you are upset but there are better ways to address this than coming here with no history and start complaining.

If you want me i can screenshot you his text telling me warranty card is stamped 2015.

I don't know what to tell you deliberately trying to sell me watch without warranty card prior to that stating out he has one sound as a fraud to me.

Yes i maybe don't have history here and i am referring here as an disappointed member of this forum which I highly like and respect if that's forbidden or in this case i am doing in your opinion wrong....than that's the thing that speaks out by it self.

Getting back on my history here i am completely ready to give all my infos to admin and even to face theSaint again in order to prove everything is as exactly as i said it was.

That's the first trade i tried to have with the this seller and had a bad experience.

I believe that seller of his reputation and experience as you say he has shouldn't allow this rookie mistakes that will make him represented in bad spotlight.

I don't feel any regrets posting this thread

Ty

Best Regards

Old 28 January 2017, 01:13 AM   #13
Knappo 1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post

Last picture in the ad, shows a IWC warranty card I believe. With that said and the OP stating the watch was mint, I would possibly chalk it up to a mistake. I can see the OP's frustration at time wasted, also if it was from 2015 I believe the warranty would be good. So getting a watch with a warranty and one without,( thinking going in it's under warranty), would also be upsetting. Again I don't know the OP or the seller, so I have no idea what was discussed prior to the deal.We may never find out from the seller, in over 2000+ posts I have yet to see him post anything other than a FS ad.
Old 28 January 2017, 01:42 AM   #14
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartos View Post
Well that I can't judge....after everything finished I felt tricked what ever it was spent time and money on false information

Please explain how he stoled money from you?
Old 28 January 2017, 01:47 AM   #15
Dartos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Please explain how he stoled money from you?

100$ on a nanny 10$ for highway toll and 10$ for ⛽️ +my time for a done deal

Old 28 January 2017, 01:47 AM   #16
Dartos
Banned

(null)
Why do I feel like i am guilty here

Old 28 January 2017, 01:51 AM   #17
thesaint2009
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks to everyone that alerted me to this post.

I would like to clarify a few things

1- At no point did the Dartos hand me any money or anywhere close. ALSO the OP conveniently forgot to mention that he met me a few weeks back asking to inspect a watch he was interested in buying. I drove 45 mins to meet him at the same place and had a pleasant conversation.

2- I was upfront about the card missing which was misplaced at the time I met him. I offered to find it but also told him he was under no obligation to buy it. He said he wanted it the same day for a client. He asked for further discount and I refused because he had already beat me down on price

3- The post makes it sound like I tried to somehow sell him the watch without telling about the card which is absolutely untrue.

4-Dartos said that will not work as he is buying this for a client of his and he was primarily reselling it which would make it difficult.

5-I apologized and offered to buy him coffee. We spent the next 20 mins chit chatting about watches and travel and parted on good terms.

I get it that there was some time lost in the transaction but to suggest that I was trying to scam him is downright untrue. I just fail to see how I scammed him ?. I actually found the card the very next day in my drawer.. Keep in mind it is a stamped and dated warranty card with the watch serial number on it It's not as if the card has value without the watch. !! I am happy to provide a picture of the warranty card to anyone that wants to see it.
Old 28 January 2017, 01:56 AM   #18
azsmartbet
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT Master 2
I've done many deals face to face over the web and over lunch with TGS I'd be shocked if his statements and description of the transaction were false.

I have 100% faith in TGS not only in selling watches but as a friend.
Old 28 January 2017, 02:02 AM   #19
jamilf
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange, Patek
I've done deals with TGS before too. This doesn't seem reflective of the character of TGS at all!. I have a lot of faith in TGS.
Old 28 January 2017, 02:02 AM   #20
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Wow... If I were in the same spot and somebody was trying to besmirch my good name and imply that I was being underhanded when it sounds like I was doing the buyer a favor, then I would have to schedule another "meeting" to "talk" about "things"
Old 28 January 2017, 02:08 AM   #21
RUpanerai
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam Patek Rolex AP
Your post is very misleading and full of inaccuracies. From the looks of it an honest mistake was made, there was no "scam" taking place here at all. TGS has always under promised and over delivered in my dealings with him and since nothing happened in this case and you were unable to work out a deal, how were you scammed?

In the future you should try and work these things out before making false claims on someones reputation. Since your post count is low, now when anyone looks your information up this wonderful post will show up and no one would want to deal with you since you seem to be a real PITA.
Old 28 January 2017, 02:09 AM   #22
LarryKalen
"TRF" Member

Been doing business with "thegoldenswan.com" for about 4 years now and dude is one of the best in the business, sorry Dartos but I will only do MORE business with him in the future.
Old 28 January 2017, 02:13 AM   #23
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint2009 View Post
Thanks to everyone that alerted me to this post.

I would like to clarify a few things... (snip)

Thanks for replying. Did you try to communicate you found the card to the OP?
Old 28 January 2017, 02:18 AM   #24
Dartos
Banned

Hi all I wanted to update you on this matter i got call from the seller and we sorted all out.
Turned out all of this is just miss understand and far as i am considered this matter is finished for me.

My apologies to the thesaint2009 calling him a Scammer that was a bit to harass but after I seen same watch selling with box and papers got really upset and mabe over reacted.

After all i am glad this matter is solved mainly because I see the power and integrity that this TRF has and i am glad i am member.

Ty

Best Regards

Old 28 January 2017, 02:20 AM   #25
john11f
"TRF" Member

TGS is a reputable seller

and is known in the forums. I don't think he would "scam" you and risk his reputation for 1 deal. your post isn't necessary and I totally believe TGS' explanation.
Old 28 January 2017, 02:31 AM   #26
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for replying. Did you try to communicate you found the card to the OP?
Would you really want to deal with a customer like that?
Old 28 January 2017, 02:34 AM   #27
yaniv
"TRF" Member

I've dealt with TGS many times before. This guy is honest as it gets.. never once did he fail to deliver.
I wish there were plenty more people like him in this industry.
Old 28 January 2017, 02:49 AM   #28
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Would you really want to deal with a customer like that?
The customer hadn't posted this thread yet. They apparently chatted amicably at the meet, so it makes sense that the seller would update the OP about the found card. If so, what was the OP's reply?
Old 28 January 2017, 02:52 AM   #29
mboverst
"TRF" Member

TGS is a complete man of his word who meticulously describes his products. Mistakes happen, but this thread should be deleted. I'd trust TGS with the keys to my safe and he's far from a scammer.
Old 28 January 2017, 02:59 AM   #30
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
The customer hadn't posted this thread yet. They apparently chatted amicably at the meet, so it makes sense that the seller would update the OP about the found card. If so, what was the OP's reply?
Seems like the OP is conveniently staying away from this thread after falsely accusing the seller of stealing money from him.
Closed Thread