The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 February 2017, 11:45 AM   #1
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
Royal Oak Bracelet BEAT

Looking to see how the RO Gold bracelet looks after some wear. Does anyone daily a gold RO on bracelet? I dailied my 26320or on strap for 2 years but idk how the bracelet wears
Amiricanmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2017, 03:10 AM   #2
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Is it "stretching" or scratches that concerns you? Gold is softer than steel but you can use one daily for 20 years even if you treat it as a beater. It won't stay looking brand new, but it won't fall apart
Old 17 February 2017, 04:24 AM   #3
rfatm3f
"TRF" Member

I've seen one that was a daily for a few years. Definitely some scratching, but super not noticeable unless you're looking for it.
rfatm3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2017, 04:41 AM   #4
jem7v
Banned

I daily all my watches. They literally never have one mark on them. You need to just be careful/mindful of what you are wearing. Take it off when you are going to do something that might damage it.

My omega which I don't give a sh** about what happens to it (aka the beater) has maybe some light scratching on the clasp, and that's it.

When I see watches with tons of wear, it's because people are really abusing them. For instance I have a friend who works on his car while he wears his APs.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2017, 07:21 AM   #5
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
Is it "stretching" or scratches that concerns you? Gold is softer than steel but you can use one daily for 20 years even if you treat it as a beater. It won't stay looking brand new, but it won't fall apart
I know it won't fall apart, I'm just trying to see how a very worn royal oak looks like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfatm3f View Post
I've seen one that was a daily for a few years. Definitely some scratching, but super not noticeable unless you're looking for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
I daily all my watches. They literally never have one mark on them. You need to just be careful/mindful of what you are wearing. Take it off when you are going to do something that might damage it.

My omega which I don't give a sh** about what happens to it (aka the beater) has maybe some light scratching on the clasp, and that's it.

When I see watches with tons of wear, it's because people are really abusing them. For instance I have a friend who works on his car while he wears his APs.
I'm not gonna take off my watch and be mindful of it - if its on my wrist its gonna pick up normal scratches. My ROC did after a year and its fine..i think its unrealistic to think you can daily a RO and not have one mark on it.

Is your omega steel or gold? I wear my watch to the gym (cover it with a sweatband), i shower, swim, drive & run with my watches. Debating between this or DD40. I understand the DD40 will be a better daily beater but i just don't have the passion for rolex as i do with AP.
Old 17 February 2017, 07:33 AM   #6
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade View Post
I know it won't fall apart, I'm just trying to see how a very worn royal oak looks like.

I'm not gonna take off my watch and be mindful of it - if its on my wrist its gonna pick up normal scratches. My ROC did after a year and its fine..i think its unrealistic to think you can daily a RO and not have one mark on it.

Is your omega steel or gold? I wear my watch to the gym (cover it with a sweatband), i shower, swim, drive & run with my watches. Debating between this or DD40. I understand the DD40 will be a better daily beater but i just don't have the passion for rolex as i do with AP.
I daily my ROO and no issues :). My omega is steel. I wouldn't work out with my watch. I put it in my bag when I go to the gym. I don't shower or swim with my ROO either. I drive with my watch and just wear it around when I'm out.

If I lift anything up, I'm very careful not to hit my watch to anything.

I'll say this for my hublot I did once accidentally bang it into a glass table, luckily nothing happened to it.

When the 44RG comes, I'll wear it every day and we'll see what happens. Most likely won't scratch that either.
Old 17 February 2017, 07:37 AM   #7
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I daily my ROO and no issues :). My omega is steel. I wouldn't work out with my watch. I put it in my bag when I go to the gym. I don't shower or swim with my ROO either. I drive with my watch and just wear it around when I'm out.

If I lift anything up, I'm very careful not to hit my watch to anything.

I'll say this for my hublot I did once accidentally bang it into a glass table, luckily nothing happened to it.

When the 44RG comes, I'll wear it every day and we'll see what happens. Most likely won't scratch that either.
Is your ROO gold & on bracelet?

Also, 44RG is on a rubber strap and has a ceramic bezel which is much harder to scratch. My concern is a gold bracelet on a RO
Old 17 February 2017, 08:40 AM   #8
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade View Post
Is your ROO gold & on bracelet?

Also, 44RG is on a rubber strap and has a ceramic bezel which is much harder to scratch. My concern is a gold bracelet on a RO
Again, as long as you aren't careless don't worry about it. Just be mindful of it, that is all. If your are resting your arm on a non glass surface that could scratch it, don't rub your arm all back and forth on it when you move it.
Old 17 February 2017, 08:46 AM   #9
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Again, as long as you aren't careless don't worry about it. Just be mindful of it, that is all. If your are resting your arm on a non glass surface that could scratch it, don't rub your arm all back and forth on it when you move it.
I have a couple AP's, i know how to take care of them. I didn't start a thread to get advise on how to take care of my watches...i simply want to see how a gold royal oak bracelet wears over time. You telling me how to rest my arm on a non glass surface isn't helping me at all.

Reason i ask if you have stainless or gold ROO is because they wear very differently. The gold ages much faster than a stainless weather you are careful or not.
Old 17 February 2017, 06:18 PM   #10
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
I had a white gold ROC that I wore daily for two years or so.

The watch is now with a friend, and it's 10 years old. He recently had it lightly polished and it looks like new. Bracelet is as tight as ever.

Rolex has IMHO, a bigger problem with stretch and wear than AP has on their bracelets.
Old 21 February 2017, 12:58 PM   #11
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post

The watch is now with a friend, and it's 10 years old. He recently had it lightly polished and it looks like new. Bracelet is as tight as ever.

Rolex has IMHO, a bigger problem with stretch and wear than AP has on their bracelets.
Wish you had photos, that's amazing.

I feel the RO is prone to scratches than the DD as the DD's don't show the scratch as much as RO's. But then again I haven't seen a really worn RO Gold
Old 23 February 2017, 02:20 PM   #12
masyv6
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post

x2
masyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote