The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 February 2017, 07:24 AM   #1
eus6267
"TRF" Member

Owners Manual for Zenith Mechanical Port Royal

Does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual for a Zenith Mechanical Port Royal watch? I just bought one online, but it did not come with the right owner manual.

The actual model number is 03.5010.2562.

I tried searching online for a PDF, but was unsuccessful.

Thanks!
eus6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2017, 09:15 AM   #2
ThomG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss
The owner's manual for the Port Royal is a small bound hard cover black book, and should have been included in the purchase. I would say that without a warranty, you don't have much leverage getting one from Zenith. If you bought gray-market, they don't have much of an excuse for selling you a new watch without the accompanying manual. You will need to ask the GM dealer you purchased from, what they can do for you. However, there are some GM dealers that buy out businesses that go under, and have new watches that are sold with a substitute case, and nothing else originally related to the watch. If you bought from a company like that then you are out of luck, as they have no relationship whatsoever with the Zenith brand.
ThomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2017, 12:54 PM   #3
eus6267
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomG View Post
The owner's manual for the Port Royal is a small bound hard cover black book, and should have been included in the purchase. I would say that without a warranty, you don't have much leverage getting one from Zenith. If you bought gray-market, they don't have much of an excuse for selling you a new watch without the accompanying manual. You will need to ask the GM dealer you purchased from, what they can do for you. However, there are some GM dealers that buy out businesses that go under, and have new watches that are sold with a substitute case, and nothing else originally related to the watch. If you bought from a company like that then you are out of luck, as they have no relationship whatsoever with the Zenith brand.
Thanks for your help! I bought it from Ashford.com and it came with a manual, but it was for a Zenith Elite watch with an automatic movement.

I guess the manual would be helpful for selling in the future and also just to see how to properly operate (i.e. push/pull crown versus screw down crown, etc)
Old 23 February 2017, 05:40 PM   #4
ThomG
"TRF" Member

Contact Ashford customer service, and ask them to provide you with the correct owner's manual for your watch. I hope not too much time has passed since you bought the watch. Ashford has a relationship with Zenith, and should be able to help you with this. The cal. 2562 is an older Zenith/Martel movement. The 2562 is reliable, accurate, and should last a lifetime.
Old 23 February 2017, 11:35 PM   #5
eus6267
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Contact Ashford customer service, and ask them to provide you with the correct owner's manual for your watch. I hope not too much time has passed since you bought the watch. Ashford has a relationship with Zenith, and should be able to help you with this. The cal. 2562 is an older Zenith/Martel movement. The 2562 is reliable, accurate, and should last a lifetime.
I have asked them to provide the correct manual for the watch.

A question...to set the time on this watch, do I just pull out the crown? Also, any dos/don'ts?

Thanks!!!
Old 24 February 2017, 08:09 AM   #6
ThomG
"TRF" Member

The 2562 is very straightforward: pull out the crown to its only stop (position 1), set the time, return the crown to position 0, wind the watch. Take care not to over-wind, be careful when you start to feel the pushback from the mainspring. Also the 2562 does not hack, so just set it to the nearest minute.
Old 24 February 2017, 01:46 PM   #7
eus6267
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The 2562 is very straightforward: pull out the crown to its only stop (position 1), set the time, return the crown to position 0, wind the watch. Take care not to over-wind, be careful when you start to feel the pushback from the mainspring. Also the 2562 does not hack, so just set it to the nearest minute.
Thank you so much!
Old 25 February 2017, 10:36 AM   #8
ThomG
"TRF" Member

You're quite welcome sir, enjoy your beautiful Zenith timepiece!