The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 31 May 2009, 01:57 PM   #31
Bebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: U macallit
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
but there is something called integrity that hasn't made it into the consciousness of many people.

Some people have none, and the example given in the original post strikes me of a seller with no integrity.

If the item are less than $100.00 then I see no problem people keeping their words. But if were talking about in thousands of dollars and you never really met the buyer or the sellers, a lot times integrity goes out of the window. Especially with this kind of economy, people do changed their mind.

I have a watch here for sale and one of the member told me that it is sold after doing some long back and forth negotiation (not to mention all the photos I had to take per member's request). So I pack the watch nicely and took it with me to work (I work 50 miles from home) the next day. Did not hear from the buyer that day. I got an email the following day to tell me that he another watch that he would to buy instead. My response was, that's okay, no big deal and thanks for your interest and good luck.

Common now, let's be realistic here. This is a public forum and more than 99% of the members you haven't met.
Bebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 03:58 PM   #32
C. Davidson
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT (116710)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
I'm gonna get flamed here but I think the sellers are too sensitive.
Jimbits, nicely put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm21 View Post
...until money changes hands, a deal is not a deal. I've tried to sell my car myself before and it SUCKED! Being a seller SUCKS - period! This is because the buyer tends to have the power simply due to the fact that they have the money and the ultimate choice.
Sure, either party can back out of any deal - the real question is who stands to lose what when this happens? The buyer loses a chance to buy the item, but the seller loses their reputation. I think this hurts the seller more than the buyer in the long run...
X2.

Business is business, nothing personal. A deal is not made until the watch and funds exchange hands.

With that said, if a seller continued to back out of deals, buyers would avoid that seller due to their inconsistant nature. Their reputation would spread and eventually they would not be able to continue business as a seller.

If a buyer continued to back out of deals, no real harm. They got the money and the customer is (almost) always right.

Usually on TRF, no written contracts are signed, just verbal agreements. This makes it very easy for either party to back out of the deal.

"Outing" someone for backing out of a deal, IMHO, should not be allowed on TRF. The libel and defamation of character that takes place in these threads/posts is not suited to the overall atmosphere of this forum.

Stealing, fraud and other criminal acts associated with a watch business transaction should by all means be posted immediately on this site.

Just my 2 cents.

#15,634

"The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out."
C. Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 11:36 PM   #33
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Speaking of integrity...i bought a watch weds in the forum agreed to the price and paid for next day shipping Guess what until now the watch is still not here...Seller never returned back he got my money and he is still keep on logging in..He has 2 watches forsale in the forum...im giving him till tuesday or i have to file complaint dispute and maybe seek for legal action on this guy...Totally no Communication at all!!!
Old 1 June 2009, 05:08 AM   #34
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

I've never had a seller pull out of a transaction.

I should be so lucky to have negotiated such a good price that the seller/dealer has second thoughts.
Old 1 June 2009, 05:17 AM   #35
Bebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: U macallit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybump View Post
Speaking of integrity...i bought a watch weds in the forum agreed to the price and paid for next day shipping Guess what until now the watch is still not here...Seller never returned back he got my money and he is still keep on logging in..He has 2 watches forsale in the forum...im giving him till tuesday or i have to file complaint dispute and maybe seek for legal action on this guy...Totally no Communication at all!!!
Wow! Hopefully it's just being delayed by the shipping co. not because of the seller.
Bebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2009, 07:54 AM   #36
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
A deal is a deal is a deal is a deal....on both sides!
Old 1 June 2009, 05:49 PM   #37
slvrstar

IMO. just like there is a "Who's who" for Sellers. there should be a "Who's who" for buyers. Just so people on the forum is informed on shady Sellers and Buyers.
slvrstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2009, 05:52 PM   #38
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrstar View Post
IMO. just like there is a "Who's who" for Sellers. there should be a "Who's who" for buyers. Just so people on the forum is informed on shady Sellers and Buyers.
There is. That entire Who's Who is for both Buyers and Sellers.

FcB
diablojota is offline   Reply With Quote