The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 11 January 2012, 02:12 AM   #61
Hooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Well Paul, honesty is the best policy.....most days lol ! Kudos to you ! At the risk of sounding like a dirt bag, you could have told her a little white lie till she gets to know you better, thus making it harder for her to let you go and accept your real age !

Just saying
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 03:02 AM   #62
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by daunwaun View Post
Paul, seeing as you don't look a day over 64, maybe she was genuinely surprised you were only 50?

TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 03:04 AM   #63
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Badger View Post
I should have been clearer, it was ideal age at time of marriage. Paul would have had to get his skates on!
Exactly Mark!!!!

P.S. "Get his skates on?" Can someone translate that for me?
Old 11 January 2012, 03:06 AM   #64
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
I am 50. My beautiful girlfriend is 35. We get along great.

Very common for there to be sometimes large age differences in couples here in Japan. Common and not cared about.

Hang in there Paul.
Thanks Tom Working for Sony for the last 10 years I know there are some very lovely ladies over in Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
...or get SONY to move you overseas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
No, please no.
Already done Speed, Japan wasn't open but I accepted a position in Sweden... As a matter of fact, I'll get to move (back) in with Jocke and his wife!
Old 11 January 2012, 03:09 AM   #65
Sweramic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Movies
Damn that sounds awkward . Better luck next time Paul!
Sweramic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 03:16 AM   #66
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

You should have told her you're 46 and that she's far too old for you.

Pre emptive strike and all of that.
Old 11 January 2012, 03:53 AM   #67
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy gold..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJack View Post
Golden rule....... Never admit to anything that may hinder your chances with the ladies
I've seen your little lady (in pictures).. I'm going to take your advice on this one Steve mate!

www.thewatchguyofficial.co.uk

Got a GREEN Submariner 116610LV.. Visit the official thread here! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=179580

Don't forget to visit the Rolex & Attire thread too! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=215077
thewatchguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 04:13 AM   #68
daunwaun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18K YG Day Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
You should have told her you're 46 and that she's far too old for you.

Pre emptive strike and all of that.
Exactly

Old 11 January 2012, 04:13 AM   #69
daunwaun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18K YG Day Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post

Old 11 January 2012, 07:54 AM   #70
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJack View Post
In my experience, a woman in her early to mid-thirties who has not settled down/had children etc.... (and clearly, I appreciate that I am generalising to a certain extent) will always be a bit more discerning about who they date as they are most likely to be looking more seriously for that special person and may not want to simply spend time just having "fun" with another most probably (because of your age) unsuitable guy.

But that's her issue and by admitting your age, you just put a big cross in one of her "relationship tick boxes"....

I would "hope" I would have said something like .....I'll tell you after dinner tonight...... or in the morning..... depending on how well things were going
But, but.... a 50 year old man can reproduce and support a family just as well, if not better, than a 30 year old man. Clearly, this girl needs a good shoulder-shaking by a wise older woman!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 08:29 AM   #71
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Damm it!!!!!
I was so expecting our first TRF mile high club thread, especially the WRUW photo of the Daytona

Paul, if she has an issue with a number, then she is as shallow as my sons paddling pool

Remember, women grow old, men grow distinguished She is applying her fear of being 50 as a negative and as such missed an opportunity with you. I am sure she will be stunning when she hits 50 and you will have dodged a bullet with Grumpy Badger's wedding plans!!!!

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 09:25 AM   #72
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
But, but.... a 50 year old man can reproduce and support a family just as well, if not better, than a 30 year old man. Clearly, this girl needs a good shoulder-shaking by a wise older woman!
You're absolutely right Lisa and clearly a very wise woman But how many of us were that wise in our early thirties ........ And that's the problem.......

But please get out there and start shoulder-shaking those younger women as I've just turned that half century mark too But clearly would never admit it in such circumstances
DiamondJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 09:46 AM   #73
Submarino
"TRF" Member

Watch: them for me!
Quote:

WHEN,.... When when when WHEN!!!! WHEN, Will I ever learn...

At least it entertains you guys...

So, I'm on a plane coming back from Chicago Friday night, this very pretty (young) lady is sitting next to me in first class. She is attractive, but nothing
model-like, seems very... Not sure how to describe it, "Genuine?" "Down to Earth?" The kind of lady I am attracted to. Now, I realize she is way too young for me... I was thinking 25, (turns out she was 32...) so don't really "approach" her on a social-level, but on a four hour flight you're bound to strike up a conversation, which we did. Well, I had her laughing her head off, (people seem to think I have a sense of humor... ). We were talking about athletics, she tries to play on this club volly-ball team but being only 5'2" it's a challenge. I talked about when I played college sports it was the same thing. She asked: "How tall are you?" I respond: "Six foot five inches...." She get's this puzzled look on her face and then I add: "Well, that was before my terrible accident... " She covers her mouth and giggles. I continue on... "Rather a sensative subject... and you laughing in my face about it..." and feign like I was insulted. She nodded her head and was trying to not to laugh so hard... but everyone in first class was looking at us to see what the commotion was. Anyway, we were having a very nice time and she really seemed to enjoy my company. "Hey" I said to myself I said: "Self, maybe she would be interested in seeing you again" You never know, some women are attracted to older men. So, without being forcful I listened to her tell me about the sports, her job, her family, (sometimes, just smiling and nodding your head is the best way to have a conversation with a woman.... ), but I was thinking after we landed as we parted ways I'd suggest we'd have lunch... Not a bad plan, she really did seem to be enjoying my company.

THEN.. IT HAPPENED!!!!!!

SOMEHOW, I am not even sure how, the topic of age came up. I think I mus have introduced it, making some joke or something... anyway, there it was, out in the open. She asked: "Paul, if you don't mind, how old are you?" Never one to lie, I answered, " 35..." OK!!!!! OK, I'm kidding, I answered the truth, saying: "I turned 50 last year."

There was this kind of half-laugh from her... then a long... awkward pause... as if she were expecting me to say something else... Finally, she says: "No! Come on, really, how old are you?"

"Really, I'm 50" I answer

She kind of stammers and several half-sentences come out of her mouth like: "But you don't look.... Come one! 50!? No way... How old... But... You don't seem .... 50!? ... .. ....."

After 30 seconds of this stammering and me assuring her I was actually, five-oh... 50 Earth revolutions.... etc. There came a look on her face.... I wish I could describe it.... Something out of a Steven King Novel... You knoow, when the character realizes the person they are talking to is really a demonic being? Yeah.... That kind of look....

Yeah... well.... That was about it for the conversation... As soon as the plane landed I crawled off, out the terminal and most of the way home... I left my briefcase and bag on there so if anyone is taking an American Airlines Flight and you find yourself in first, look over seat 5E, you might find my stuff. Sigh....

Only me.... These things only happen to me....
Next time just say: "how old do you want me to be".

Instagram @watchcollectinglifestyle

Submarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 10:02 AM   #74
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Paul, you know them birthday cards with badges, you should just wear your 50th one all the time so women know. This will save a lot of effort on your part.

The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 10:11 AM   #75
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:

Thanks Lisa! Her number is...
Old 11 January 2012, 10:12 AM   #76
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Wes Paul

Old 11 January 2012, 10:15 AM   #77
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:

Oh... I'm sorry Lisa, I guess you won't be the wise woman giving her a shoulder-shaking, you said "older" then her... You don't qualify.

Well, thank you for the thought anyway and if you know some woman older then her 32 years maybe you could ask her to do it?
Old 11 January 2012, 10:26 AM   #78
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh... I'm sorry Lisa, I guess you won't be the wise woman giving her a shoulder-shaking, you said "older" then her... You don't qualify.

Well, thank you for the thought anyway and if you know some woman older then her 32 years maybe you could ask her to do it?
Smooth
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2012, 02:05 PM   #79
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Smooth

Oh, please. I'm all for full disclosure... You know I'm 48 years old - no issues with that.

By the way, Paul - did you get your briefcase back?
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote