The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 29 January 2014, 02:11 PM   #1
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Get your watch serviced every 5-7 years or not?

I don't know wether it's best to get your watch serviced every 5-7 years, as recommended, or as some say as long as it works and keeps good time don't send it for servicing, especially for pams I have heard a lot of negative or very negative feedback, what is your opinion on this issue?

Personnally I would be more in the tendancy of not sending it as long as it works fine, the 4 watches that I wear the oldest has 1,5 years, of course my 3 pams are much older but i bought them 100% unworn brand new, in mechanical watches I have omega seamaster, 5 years, a very old omega gold chrono handwound which was bought by my father in 1955, but he wore it on special occasions, in no way as an everyday watch, and a Breitling chrono which is around 20 years, after 10 years it started loosing 5-7 minutes everyday, when I asked for a price of servicing I was told 800 euros, that was 10 years ago, since I wasn't wearing it anymore I didn't do it, so basically the experience I had is that the Breitling stardted going wrong after 10 years.

Maybe it also depends on what kind of movement you have, thanks in advance for your help on this
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote