The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 December 2016, 10:31 AM   #1
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
45mm Radiomir question

So I'm considering acquiring a 346. I've had my m ind set on a 351 because of the gold hands and titanium case. That said I could have the P2002/9 movement with seconds reset, PR on the back plus the titanium case and gold hands. However, I have many, many OEM straps that I'd want to use. I'm wondering if anyone can post pics of a 45mm Radiomir on 24mm straps vs. the 27mm straps. Also, never having tried a Radiomir on, how the the wire lugs hold up to daily wear in your opinion?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Everett
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2016, 12:43 AM   #2
mfer
"TRF" Member

Wire lugs daily are no issue. They are stronger than you would think. I almost only wear radiomirs.

Regarding the 24mm straps on 26/27mm lugs....it won't look right. Your watch will be sliding back and forth. It would be ok if you had a vintage style strap but not with a nice OEM.

Here is a pic from a member here (Jamie) and he shows a 24mm on a 232. Same lugs as a 45mm. Look at all the space on the sides. It'll slide back and forth and most likely will never stay centered and always be on one side or the other on your wrist making the gap appear even bigger.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...ng+24mm+straps
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2016, 01:56 AM   #3
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
Wire lugs daily are no issue. They are stronger than you would think. I almost only wear radiomirs.

Regarding the 24mm straps on 26/27mm lugs....it won't look right. Your watch will be sliding back and forth. It would be ok if you had a vintage style strap but not with a nice OEM.

Here is a pic from a member here (Jamie) and he shows a 24mm on a 232. Same lugs as a 45mm. Look at all the space on the sides. It'll slide back and forth and most likely will never stay centered and always be on one side or the other on your wrist making the gap appear even bigger.

Thank you. The response is very much appreciated!
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 02:22 PM   #4
bricktexan007
"TRF" Member

24mm width

I have a 388 and wear it all the time. It's solid. I have a bunch of straps including a rubber 24mm Orange one which is one of my favorites. I think it works bc it is rubber but in leather I feel 26mm is your minimum option. I have a ton of pics posted on my IG account handle bricktexan007.

Good luck
bricktexan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 04:40 PM   #5
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post

spot on....

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote