The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Gallery (Non-Rolex)

Old 26 August 2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Montanan

Watch: Hamilton hunter
Don Juan Cuff watch band ideas

Howdy All,

I searched the various likely threads in TRF and have not seen a thread to match my particular interest in Don Juan "cuff" bands. Specifically, your individual opinions about Rolex and use of this unique wrist fixer. :>)

So...here is my thought: we see more and more sport watches on NATOs and rubber bands. We certainly have our choice of all types of metals and metal links. We have buckles, single folds, butter fly deployments, flip locks and even leather! on a sports watch (hard for me to get over that look).

How come I can't find wrist shots of any type of Rolex (nor other brands) on a Don Juan cuff?

I recently dove to the bottom of a jewelry box my Dad left me and located a 16mm size (between the lugs) small number one Don Juan (fits 6 3/4-7 inch wrist) and it got me thinking. So I ordered a 19mm lug size for my wrist...it should arrive in a week or so (this is a modestly priced way to get "new shoes" on any watch). I'm gonna try the look on my Explorer II. If it looks disproportionate, I'll just have to go hunting for a sporty that will work!

Any input, opinions or ideas? TIA....Montanan
Montanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2010, 03:13 PM   #2
Montanan

Watch: Hamilton hunter
errata: read "nor" in the 3rd section above: "or". My editor is poff tonigght. LOL!
Montanan is offline   Reply With Quote