The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 11 December 2023, 05:38 AM   #1
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
My most local boutique politely told me that with no purchase history at their location, I would not be considered. I just went grey from a trusted trf seller (should have in a couple of days), and considering the tax I would have had to pay (8%) at boutique, it wasn't too bad above msrp. The first watch I've ever paid above msrp, but I think will be worth it from enjoyment and possibly investment as I don't see Omega making too many more of these with 55th anniversary right around the corner. Definitely my favorite Snoopy and should compliment my Apollo 8 50th nicely. I think now may be the best time to pick one up for a decent price, as I've noticed Omega released quite a few before end of year.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
jbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2023, 10:17 PM   #2
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post
My most local boutique politely told me that with no purchase history at their location, I would not be considered. I just went grey from a trusted trf seller (should have in a couple of days), and considering the tax I would have had to pay (8%) at boutique, it wasn't too bad above msrp. The first watch I've ever paid above msrp, but I think will be worth it from enjoyment and possibly investment as I don't see Omega making too many more of these with 55th anniversary right around the corner. Definitely my favorite Snoopy and should compliment my Apollo 8 50th nicely. I think now may be the best time to pick one up for a decent price, as I've noticed Omega released quite a few before end of year.

I thought MSRP was 10-12k and they go for 18-20k BNIB.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 12:32 AM   #3
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
I thought MSRP was 10-12k and they go for 18-20k BNIB.
Msrp in US appears to be 10.6k per Omega website. Using 8% tax takes it to ~11.5k. Trusted sellers are currently asking around 17k. Selling around 16k bnib complete from US boutique. Appears Omega released a batch recently and they fell in the hands of flippers causing this recent reduction. May be a sign that this one is going away soon with the 55th anniversary right around the corner? I'm just speculating that part though. In summary, I was willing to pay 4.5k over, but it still hurt as I've never paid over msrp on any watch. I simply don't have a relationship with Omega as I do with Rolex.

jbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2023, 12:49 AM   #4
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Sounds reasonable to be honest.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote