The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 September 2017, 11:32 PM   #1
Dfiled
"TRF" Member

Stone1 -- buyer beware

I just had an interaction with Stone 1 regarding his posting a pre-owned Rolex Submariner that raised a lot of red flags in my mind. Proceed with caution.

First, his posting said that he would accept wire or paypal. I did a search of all the forums and couldn't find any reviews of the seller. I asked him if he had any, and he said he did but didn't point me to them. He also kept pressuring me to wire him money rather than use my preferred payment method, paypal (I was willing to conform to all of his terms, including paying the fee), but he kept saying it would be "more convenient" for him to get a wire. When I told him that I wanted the watch and was willing to pay full price but preferred to use paypal (I didn't say this, but I was very hesitant to wire thousands of dollars to a person without any online reputation), he wrote back that he had a "few other people," which made no sense as he'd told me the watch was available and I was not trying to bargain him down. I reiterated that I was ready and able to buy the watch, and he never wrote back.

We communicated directly by email. The email he used also came up a name with no presence on the internet, none whatsoever.

Finally, he was advertising the watch for a good $800-$1000 lower than the market price, perhaps to lure in people who couldn't pass up such a good deal.

Does all this mean he's a scammer? Not necessarily. But be aware.
Dfiled is offline   Reply With Quote