The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 September 2017, 09:51 PM   #31
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
i can't help you, other than to say they aren't built like a Rolex, be more careful

I'm not so sure about that. In 2010 or 2011 I had my DSSD in my lap as I was working on my computer and stood up. Slate tile=1 DSSD=big 0. After $2300 it was fixed!!!! Funny think I've not broken a phone in 10 years and now 2 in 2.5 months but I've dropped them a million times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 09:53 PM   #32
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
I'm not so sure about that. In 2010 or 2011 I had my DSSD in my lap as I was working on my computer and stood up. Slate tile=1 DSSD=big 0. After $2300 it was fixed!!!! Funny think I've not broken a phone in 10 years and now 2 in 2.5 months but I've dropped them a million times.

Hence the "be more careful" advice
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 09:56 PM   #33
gwalker
"TRF" Member

I think I figured out what happened. The first break the dog knocked it off the bedside table and cracked it. I turned it in on insurance and got a refurbished phone. I don't think it was as high quality bc I didn't drop it carry it in my pocket
Or anything. I woke up one am and t was cracked a week after I got the new phone. I think they may have glued it with too much tension or something. I was careful with it and it still broke. And I was rough on my other phones.

Old 24 September 2017, 11:08 PM   #34
Bryant Park
Banned

A quick scan of your posts suggests you have recently destroyed a boat, a watch, three phones and severely cut your hand? That is a hell of a bad run! Hang in there.

I also noted you are interested in spear fishing. No offense but you may want to rethink that
Bryant Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 12:48 AM   #35
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Well the DSSD was almost 10 years ago. Was finishing up my thesis and the watch was getting on my nerves and yes I foolishly sat it on my lap and got up quickly and boom went the DSSD. I actually wasn't piloting the boat when the incident happened. Was actually in the head rigging up my new furuno radarecu that had came was shortingnout the auto accident happened and I blame the car accident that broke my arm on the deer hahaha. Really I was going a little too fast up a curvy mountainShe was just standing on the road and I didn't swerve to miss her but I pulled off to the side and there was no shoulder just a 15 foot ditch leading to a tree. The watch was my fault but believe it or not accidents like that on boat when people Come to an abrupt stop happen more often than you think. As for the deer I had just purchased a BMW 540i xdrive so I really did t want to hit a
Deer at 70 mph. I just didn't realize there was no shoulder to make it around the deer but yea. Some crap luck. But on a positive not I've ran a parasail bat for 6 years with not a single accident and captain one of the largest sportfishermans in production since I was 26 (the youngest captain the fleet with ZERO issues and 15 or so wins. so I'll take some blame but when it comes to multimillion dollar sportfishers with millions of dollars on the line for the owner I think I know what I'm doing and can hold my own otherwise a
26 year old kid wouldn't be given the responsibility of running a $8m dollar boat and helping design the new 92'Viking we will take delivery of next year. I know urgiving me a hard time,l but seems in good fun and i love shit like that. a few busted phones, a freak accident on my boat and a unlucky wreck I'm not worrying too bad just trying to decide what to do with my boat now. One thing I learned from fishing and parasail anything can happen. We've had a grander almost to the wire that could've Ben a $908k fish that snapped off. Shit happens and move on. Thanks for the ribbing. I'm super easy going as long as I aren't the reason we lost that fish. Hahahaha jk. Believe me when dealing with huge fish it's a coin flip. A lot of the time it just comes out. Few time the. Wire man, gaffman, angler or coat screws up. All part of the game.

Old 25 September 2017, 12:57 AM   #36
Bryant Park
Banned

Quote:
Well the DSSD was almost 10 years ago. Was finishing up my thesis and the watch was getting on my nerves and yes I foolishly sat it on my lap and got up quickly and boom went the DSSD. I actually wasn't piloting the boat when the incident happened. Was actually in the head rigging up my new furuno radarecu that had came was shortingnout the auto accident happened and I blame the car accident that broke my arm on the deer hahaha. Really I was going a little too fast up a curvy mountainShe was just standing on the road and I didn't swerve to miss her but I pulled off to the side and there was no shoulder just a 15 foot ditch leading to a tree. The watch was my fault but believe it or not accidents like that on boat when people Come to an abrupt stop happen more often than you think. As for the deer I had just purchased a BMW 540i xdrive so I really did t want to hit a
Deer at 70 mph. I just didn't realize there was no shoulder to make it around the deer but yea. Some crap luck. But on a positive not I've ran a parasail bat for 6 years with not a single accident and captain one of the largest sportfishermans in production since I was 26 (the youngest captain the fleet with ZERO issues and 15 or so wins. so I'll take some blame but when it comes to multimillion dollar sportfishers with millions of dollars on the line for the owner I think I know what I'm doing and can hold my own otherwise a
26 year old kid wouldn't be given the responsibility of running a $8m dollar boat and helping design the new 92'Viking we will take delivery of next year. I know urgiving me a hard time,l but seems in good fun and i love shit like that. a few busted phones, a freak accident on my boat and a unlucky wreck I'm not worrying too bad just trying to decide what to do with my boat now. One thing I learned from fishing and parasail anything can happen. We've had a grander almost to the wire that could've Ben a $908k fish that snapped off. Shit happens and move on. Thanks for the ribbing. I'm super easy going as long as I aren't the reason we lost that fish. Hahahaha jk. Believe me when dealing with huge fish it's a coin flip. A lot of the time it just comes out. Few time the. Wire man, gaffman, angler or coat screws up. All part of the game.

You have a great attitude, please know it is well intentioned. Be safe!
Bryant Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 12:59 AM   #37
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Oh I know. I took it in no way as malicious. I know some on here do but I've been around for about 8 years and no need for ppl to get so but hurt. But on brighter side I'm glad it was my boat that is messed up lol

Old 25 September 2017, 01:00 AM   #38
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Thanks. I get to start fishing again next spring. Now I'm
Just taking care of our cows which isn't as fun

Old 25 September 2017, 01:06 AM   #39
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
I always buy the life proof case for all of mine and my wife IPhones. We've only had one break to date and that was after my wife had taken the case off. Forget now why she did and it was nearing the time to get it replaced anyway so not that great of a loss. I also purchase the two year Apple Care package with every new IPhone just in case. All this adds a bit to the cost but somehow I figure it's better to pay a bit up front than to suffer more loss if anything where to happen without a case or some sort of insurance.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 01:35 AM   #40
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant Park View Post
A quick scan of your posts suggests you have recently destroyed a boat, a watch, three phones and severely cut your hand? That is a hell of a bad run! Hang in there.

I also noted you are interested in spear fishing. No offense but you may want to rethink that

Hilarious!
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 01:36 AM   #41
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh I know. I took it in no way as malicious. I know some on here do but I've been around for about 8 years and no need for ppl to get so but hurt. But on brighter side I'm glad it was my boat that is messed up lol

^^^ Good sport, and even better attitude.
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 03:05 AM   #42
timepieceluvr
"TRF" Member

I’ve never understood the logic of buying the thinnest, latest, sexiest phone and then putting on a cheap case so it’s no longer thin or sexy.

You’ve probably just bought yourself a good long streak of great luck moving forward.

timepieceluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 03:54 AM   #43
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmacken View Post
I’ve never understood the logic of buying the thinnest, latest, sexiest phone and then putting on a cheap case so it’s no longer thin or sexy.

You’ve probably just bought yourself a good long streak of great luck moving forward.

Well there are many ways to look at why someone would buy an IPhone or any other product for that matter. In my case it has nothing to do with how sleek or sexy it might be. But since I have had an IPhone and an IPad for a number of years now I am familiar with the software and how to get around on it.Familiarity and compatability mean a great deal at this point to me.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 03:55 AM   #44
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
I think I need the old school Nokia 3310 brick. Battery last 2 weeks you could throw it like a football, drop it, kick it, but u couldn't kill it.

Did it have Facebook? Or TRF?
Old 26 September 2017, 01:40 PM   #45
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
Did it have Facebook? Or TRF?

No but my original from the 90s still has 84% battery. Hahahaha

Old 26 September 2017, 01:43 PM   #46
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post
Hilarious!

Man I'm
Getting roasted. I guess I need to open a go fund me page.....

Old 26 September 2017, 04:12 PM   #47
shakin_jake
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega SpeedMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Well there are many ways to look at why someone would buy an IPhone or any other product for that matter. In my case it has nothing to do with how sleek or sexy it might be. But since I have had an IPhone and an IPad for a number of years now I am familiar with the software and how to get around on it.Familiarity and compatability mean a great deal at this point to me.

~~~coming up on 10 months w/an i-pad pro (12+"?). Best tablet I ever had so, no looking back. Just bought an i-phone 8+...getting delivered to my door Wednesday. Really looking forward to getting to know/learn this phone. That said, all I've used to date concerning smart phones have been Window phones. No Android phones, ever. Android tablets, & 1 window Surface tablet

I like the Apple format (tablet). If the phone is anything like the tablet, we'll get along well. Haven't decided on a cover for the phone yet...open to suggestions. Thought I ordered a white phone w/silver trim. Shipping info called the phone
"Silver". Could be a typo but, glad I didn't order the cover yet. We'll see when it gets here. Have had nothing but black phones, thought it time for a change
shakin_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2017, 03:06 AM   #48
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant Park View Post

When I get home I’ll get some great videos of some very aggressive bull sharks trying to get too friendly during deco. Nothing sucks worse than a 20 min deco stop with 4-5 hungry bulls circling the whole time I know they just want the fish but a limb isnt out of the question Luckily the closest incident I’ve seen was a 7-8’ tiger bite another divers fin. Now if doing deeper stops I don’t go with out multiple power heads. One pop from that and that pretty much clears everything out for the rest of the dive. But I have skipped 10 min of deco to get out of the. Water early. Decompression sickness is technically theoretical. A shark bite isn’t....

FYI 10 min 100% o2 and no DCS