The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 26 September 2017, 11:15 AM   #1
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Icon4 CWC members are consistent

Canadian Watch Collector member buyers who have approached me are consistent. The half dozen or so CWC members I have dealt with are overly critical, overly suspicious, and seem overly obsessed with polishing. If you polish they complain, if you don't polish they get suspious. Deal with CWC members with caution.
Old 26 September 2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Intl House of Time
"TRF" Member

Curious

Do you think this platform is any different?
Old 26 September 2017, 11:42 AM   #3
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intl House of Time View Post
Do you think this platform is any different?
Generally yes it is much better with TRF members, with the exception of the CWC members who post here incessantly about polishing among other things. I am Canadian and I have done lots of watch transactions on both sides of the trade here and elsewhere, and the only problems I ever have encountered is with CWC members. As I said they are consistent.
Old 26 September 2017, 12:17 PM   #4
randomguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex OMEGA
In the risk of being named a co-conspirator, are you flaming mad?

Speaking bad of the entire CWC community?

I normally don't partake in these charades, but this one feels a bit personal.

Old 26 September 2017, 12:29 PM   #5
saskmh
"TRF" Member

I've seen people nit pick every single detail of a watch on CWC, on TRF, and in any other forum. There are going to be particular people anywhere you go. I personally think that CWC is a great community of watch enthusiasts. I know a lot of great folks on there.
Old 26 September 2017, 12:46 PM   #6
DRKBC
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060, BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskmh View Post
I've seen people nit pick every single detail of a watch on CWC, on TRF, and in any other forum. There are going to be particular people anywhere you go. I personally think that CWC is a great community of watch enthusiasts. I know a lot of great folks on there.
Completely agree, show me a perfect forum where the birds and chirping and there is harmony through out the kingdom. Pick your forum from flashlights to watches and people are people. Personally all of my dealings with the members on CWC have been great and I have met some fantastic people. Sure not every deal is as smooth as silk but when does that ever happen?
Old 26 September 2017, 12:46 PM   #7
KevinP.
"TRF" Member

Sorry about your experiences Patrick.

I just want to chime in and say I've done close to a dozen deals on CWC and have only positive experiences. I have also met lots of members from CWC at Toronto meet ups that I haven't dealt with but wouldn't hesitate to do a transaction with. Sure I've ignored a few ludicrous lowball offers, but the people I've dealt with have been top notch and I'm glad to say many of them are now friends.

CWC is small and I'd hate if his thread throws everyone off. I also go by KevinP. on CWC and anyone here who would like a reference check about CWC members can message me directly. If I haven't dealt with them directly I can help connect you with someone who has.

Kevin
Old 26 September 2017, 12:52 PM   #8
tng11
"TRF" Member

(facepalm)

I see a lot of people on TRF who are exactly as you describe. I hope you realize a lot of people are members on both boards, do they have different personalities when they deal on different forums?
Old 26 September 2017, 12:52 PM   #9
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
In the risk of being named a co-conspirator, are you flaming mad?

Speaking bad of the entire CWC community?

I normally don't partake in these charades, but this one feels a bit personal.

Read what I stated and don't attempt to distort my words. I qualified my warning to the ones that have approached me. Every time and I mean every time I deal with A CWC member here it is always the same fixations, and when you try to reason with them the ones I encounter resort to personal attacks. Personal attacks much like your first sentence. I did not speak bad of the whole CWC community as you have suggested only the ones I have been unfortunate to deal with here.
Old 26 September 2017, 01:04 PM   #10
saskmh
"TRF" Member

I would also add that posting a thread about an entire watch community in the watchout section is a little overboard. If someone has had bad dealings with particular individuals then this is the place for the bad press but to call out an entire watch community based on some frustrations with a handful of its members isn't cool in my opinion. To say "deal with CWC members with caution" is a generalizing and unfair comment.
Old 26 September 2017, 01:14 PM   #11
cstone28
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
Read what I stated and don't attempt to distort my words. I qualified my warning to the ones that have approached me. Every time and I mean every time I deal with A CWC member here it is always the same fixations, and when you try to reason with them the ones I encounter resort to personal attacks. Personal attacks much like your first sentence. I did not speak bad of the whole CWC community as you have suggested only the ones I have been unfortunate to deal with here.

I'm confused. Every time you deal with a CWC member on TRF you are disappointed with the interaction and somehow that translates in a CWC member issue. Isn't it really a TRF issue because that's where you are dealing with them, and the lens that you are seeing them through? The fact that they also happen to be a CWC member is somewhat irrelevant. Lastly why would you come on TRF to complain about CWC members, wouldn't that be better served on CWC?
Old 26 September 2017, 01:23 PM   #12
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm sure there are good people there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKBC View Post
Completely agree, show me a perfect forum where the birds and chirping and there is harmony through out the kingdom. Pick your forum from flashlights to watches and people are people. Personally all of my dealings with the members on CWC have been great and I have met some fantastic people. Sure not every deal is as smooth as silk but when does that ever happen?
I always had great experiences here except as I stated in my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP. View Post
Sorry about your experiences Patrick.

I just want to chime in and say I've done close to a dozen deals on CWC and have only positive experiences. I have also met lots of members from CWC at Toronto meet ups that I haven't dealt with but wouldn't hesitate to do a transaction with. Sure I've ignored a few ludicrous lowball offers, but the people I've dealt with have been top notch and I'm glad to say many of them are now friends.

CWC is small and I'd hate if his thread throws everyone off. I also go by KevinP. on CWC and anyone here who would like a reference check about CWC members can message me directly. If I haven't dealt with them directly I can help connect you with someone who has.

Kevin
Only one person sharing an observation based on years of transactions not likely to throw any one off. Just a cautionary tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
(facepalm)

I see a lot of people on TRF who are exactly as you describe. I hope you realize a lot of people are members on both boards, do they have different personalities when they deal on different forums?
Good question I'm not a member there. Do they obsess about polishing over there on CWC like a few CWC members do here? Do they resort to insults and threats like I have encountered here from CWC members? If not then the question is why do some behave like that here?
Old 26 September 2017, 01:24 PM   #13
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone28 View Post
I'm confused. Every time you deal with a CWC member on TRF you are disappointed with the interaction and somehow that translates in a CWC member issue. Isn't it really a TRF issue because that's where you are dealing with them, and the lens that you are seeing them through? The fact that they also happen to be a CWC member is somewhat irrelevant. Lastly why would you come on TRF to complain about CWC members, wouldn't that be better served on CWC?
Yes you are confused. It is the members here I'm cautioning, so it is relevant here.
Old 26 September 2017, 01:41 PM   #14
cdnwatchguy
"TRF" Member

There are whiny forum members here ,on CWC and every other forum. Take you for example.
Get over yourself.

Old 26 September 2017, 01:41 PM   #15
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would also add that posting a thread about an entire watch community in the watchout section is a little overboard. If someone has had bad dealings with particular individuals then this is the place for the bad press but to call out an entire watch community based on some frustrations with a handful of its members isn't cool in my opinion. To say "deal with CWC members with caution" is a generalizing and unfair comment.
Not unfair based on my experience. No need for personal attacks here, it is as you stated a generalized cautionary note.
Old 26 September 2017, 01:45 PM   #16
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnwatchguy View Post
There are whiny forum members here ,on CWC and every other forum. Take you for example.
Get over yourself
Thanks for providing an example of the personal attacks I mentioned.
Old 26 September 2017, 03:20 PM   #17
DRKBC
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060, BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
Canadian Watch Collector member buyers who have approached me are consistent. The half dozen or so CWC members I have dealt with are overly critical, overly suspicious, and seem overly obsessed with polishing. If you polish they complain, if you don't polish they get suspious. Deal with CWC members with caution.
You talk about personal attacks. How can one not take what you said personally? "Deal with CWC members with caution" so because you have dealt with a half a dozen or so members that didn't fit your criteria, now everyone of us should be approached with caution. Is that really what you are saying? and you don't think people should feel offended by that?
Old 26 September 2017, 03:50 PM   #18
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKBC View Post
You talk about personal attacks. How can one not take what you said personally? "Deal with CWC members with caution" so because you have dealt with a half a dozen or so members that didn't fit your criteria, now everyone of us should be approached with caution. Is that really what you are saying? and you don't think people should feel offended by that?
First off I limited my comments to experiences I have had with CWC members who approached me at various times to buy here on TRF. I said nothing about approaching them nor did I say anything about their site. Secondly unless someone states they are a CWC member, such as you have done, how would anyone know that they are a CWC member. I only know the ones who I have dealt with here are members there as they laid out that information in their negotiations.
Old 26 September 2017, 04:11 PM   #19
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quit while you're behind Patrick.

Old 26 September 2017, 04:15 PM   #20
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Quit while you're behind Patrick.
I could write a book Eddie
Old 26 September 2017, 10:02 PM   #21
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet Type XXI
Hmm, could it really be the entire forum or said "handful of members" that have approached you, or maybe, just maybe, I know it's inconceivable, that you're the problem?

"Where's the nearest bridge"?
Old 26 September 2017, 11:07 PM   #22
NAVY
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Go back to the "corner of your store" Patrick!

I wish all my dealings were as smooth as with members of the CWC community.
Closed Thread