The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 12 December 2015, 01:27 PM   #31
hdrazor251
"TRF" Member

Watch: is recovered!!
Seiko SKX's are the Lay's Potato Chip of watches ... you can't have just one.
Old 13 December 2015, 12:21 PM   #32
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Got some bad news. Once you experience the value and performance you're gonna want more, many more.
dP
I have a feeling you are right about that. The one I bought is already modded with a planet ocen style bezel insert but the original is included. I'm going to wear it as intended for a while. See if I "bond" with 007...
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2015, 08:20 AM   #33
goyo
"TRF" Member

The MM300 is today what the Sub was 35+ years ago: a real tool watch, precise, beatiful, and at a real price. It costs around USD $1700 (used even less) which would had been be the cost of a Sub today if Rolex did not climb the "jewelry" and "status" ladder is today, unfortunately. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhutton View Post
to those that say you can't compare Seiko to a rolex... I honestly beg to differ.

Got married 8 weeks ago - I wore my MM300 that I Got for the wedding... gave the guys 007's & a Tux for being in the wedding party.

The 007's photograph fantastic I wish I wasn't at work or i'd post something - Do they compare to a Rolex? Ok, no, but they're honestly very nice. but the MM300?

Well - I got rid of my SD4k. There was no point of having both. I'm going to write up a comparison with some pictures I took before the sale, but Honestly... The added size adds to the jeans and t-shirt look, and an SD4K is no replacement for a Sub when you're talking about fit or slipping under a sleeve.

Now will the mm300 stick around forever? who knows. Probably at some point i'll sell it to go toward a JLC grande calendar or a DJ for the wife as it doesn't get a lot of wear, but it's a great travel watch, a great watch in general, and if I had 6k, I don't know if i'd necessarily shell out for a used SD, when I could get a New MM300, get my name on the papers, and pocket 4k toward my next purchase.

If you're into stealth watches, its a great buy. (You'll get a TON of comments, but no one will realize the value)
goyo is offline   Reply With Quote