The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 June 2020, 03:10 PM   #91
cvera
"TRF" Member

Sometimes life gets busy and can't visit forums. Watches stay on the wrist though, so the hobby continues. Digital breaks happen when life gets busy.
cvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 12:54 PM   #92
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
This is a timely post.
I've been feeling the so called fatigue probably since June. Maybe I'm just bored. Or as some posters above said, it maybe watch forum fatigue. Or maybe because of the quarantined thing that you tend to be on your phone mist of the time. Or the hobby has lost its lustre in this time of pandemic.

I personally don't know but I'm at a point that my interest has wane, for sure.

I still love my watches but not too excited nowadays.
Old 17 August 2020, 12:10 AM   #93
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Watch fatigue anyone?

I consider myself a watch enthusiast and not a collector. I only need 2 or 3 watches. I settled on 2 watches I really wanted (Rolex Submariner and Omega Speedmaster) and may or may not add a 3rd. If I do add a 3rd, it could be a low price micro brand model or maybe even an Apple Watch.

I could see how “watch fatigue” could settle in if you’re constantly buying, flipping, adding and selling watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2020, 12:17 AM   #94
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Watching is OK but sometimes it's just better to participate.

But actually there are times when I get bored and don't participate too much in the forum; usually I reawaken and get back in the game just having given it a bit of time. Don't worry; just do what comes naturally!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2020, 01:11 AM   #95
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Watching is OK but sometimes it's just better to participate.

But actually there are times when I get bored and don't participate too much in the forum; usually I reawaken and get back in the game just having given it a bit of time. Don't worry; just do what comes naturally!!!

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2020, 01:37 AM   #96
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
Not me. Waiting for a YG DD40..wearing this today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7D0EE05E-FB71-4BCB-80DE-0313C71A82C8.jpeg (85.3 KB, 66 views)
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2020, 01:43 AM   #97
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
My interest in the hobby, and love for watches is still there, as I love looking at, and enjoy wearing my watches every day. I’ve pretty much met my goal of trying every brand, metal, size, etc...that I’ve had an interest in.
So at this point, I’m not sure what I’d call it, but slowing down on the buying/trading/selling, etc....was happening anyway. I haven’t told the story here on TRF, but in a nutshell....My thinking/attitude/enjoyment were violated, and now my attitude and enthusiasm has changed dramatically.
I’ve basically was a PM fan and wore that most often....now 3 SS pieces and I’M GOOD!
The short of it.....was doing a high end deal, with a dealer (yes, a well known, not my first rodeo) for a couple PM Rolex to be traded. Both identities were stolen mid transaction (yes they even made perpetrating personal phone calls) and in a very short timeframe..I’m out of a significant amount of $$$ worth of watches.
Yes, the proper investigation is underway, yes, all my bases are covered, and I’ve done everything I can do at this point.
So...as you can imagine...I’ve been thrown into ‘watch fatigue’ so to speak. I’ve actually acquired 2 SS pieces since then and I’ve sworn off PM for now and am just enjoying 3 SS pieces at the moment.
Spent a lot less time here recently as well (maybe twice a day vs 8-10 )
Enjoy the journey all

I’m so sorry to hear about this. I hope everything works out. Hang in there, my friend.
Old 21 October 2020, 03:24 PM   #98
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

I find myself spending a lot of time on the forum lately.. COVID / pandemic situation probably not helping w/ that ha ha

Totally understand it though... the more you look, the deeper you go. The less you focus on it, the more content you are.
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote