The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 May 2020, 08:40 PM   #31
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
Hey folks! There’s been a few EXPII posts recently, but my query is a bit more specific:

I’m planning to move from my 1675 to a 216570, but I’d like to see what they look like with suits (black and white dials — I haven’t decided which to go for yet).

If you’ve any photos of your EXPs, can you share them here, please!?

P.S. yes, I know a sports watch isn’t properly suited to a suit — but I’m a one watch guy, so it matters to me (I wear suits frequently).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally disagree, any watch suits any occasion if you want it to

Blow a raspberry to anyone who feels differently - they can wear what ever makes them happy in their narrow little mind
Old 29 May 2020, 08:54 PM   #32
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

You can only wear an Expl II at the beach in a bathing suit. Nothing else is appropriate.

I find these questions and threads to be stupid......it is your watch, wear it as you wish. I am sure a bunch of strangers on a forum can help you. Not.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 12:51 AM   #33
LawyerFlyfisher
Banned

I wear mine everyday and I wear suits 5 or 6 days a week.

I tried an SD43 and was a bit put off by its flashiness. The Explorer 2 is a larger watch contemporary with the big watch style but not garish like many Breitlings or PAMs. My preference is the black dial. I think the polar is stunning but the black dial goes better with suits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 91CE8EEA-F90F-45A2-A5EA-7E00285750F4.jpeg (112.2 KB, 134 views)
LawyerFlyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 12:57 AM   #34
Heu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks6pd View Post
it's 2020. No one follows suit watch rules anymore. People wear apple watches on rubber straps with suits all the time, and these are people in really nice suits. The rules of yesteryear are gone. Get that EXii.

If your going or be worried in the back of your head or self-conscious about it, buy a $200 Orient bambino. Amazing watch. Looks like it costs 100x than it does.
Heu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 12:58 AM   #35
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
You can only wear an Expl II at the beach in a bathing suit. Nothing else is appropriate.
Please.. such comments are outdated and out fashioned! No one's buying Explorer II to wear at the beach! (Its not even a diver)! Not everyone who owns EII lives nearby a beach and go to beach!
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 02:12 AM   #36
-dustin
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks6pd View Post
People wear apple watches on rubber straps with suits all the time, and these are people in really nice suits.
This actually bugs me. Probably because swapping straps on Apple Watches is so easy. It's like....you're rocking a $3k suit, $500 shoes, and wearing bespoke socks. Drop $75 on a watch strap.

-edit-

I mean, it doesn't keep me up at night, but I'd notice that before I'd notice an Exp2 with a suit.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 05:06 AM   #37
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerFlyfisher View Post
I wear mine everyday and I wear suits 5 or 6 days a week.

I tried an SD43 and was a bit put off by its flashiness. The Explorer 2 is a larger watch contemporary with the big watch style but not garish like many Breitlings or PAMs. My preference is the black dial. I think the polar is stunning but the black dial goes better with suits.

Thanks for the photo, @LawyerFlyfisher. It certainly looks the part here. I was thinking the black would pair better with a suit.

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 06:55 AM   #38
LawyerFlyfisher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
Thanks for the photo, @LawyerFlyfisher. It certainly looks the part here. I was thinking the black would pair better with a suit.

My pleasure. Please post photos when you finalize your decision.
LawyerFlyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 09:09 AM   #39
GMT Aviator
2024 Pledge Member

I think it needs to be the black dial if you’re wearing it with a suit, but that’s just me and my thoughts.
I have the black dial and it is a very handsome watch and has a remarkably slim profile which I like and wears very flat on the wrist.
I always associate white dials as more dressy watches, a category I don’t think the Exp 2 belongs to.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote