The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 11 April 2019, 12:25 AM   #1
Cgilliam34
"TRF" Member

Rolex Submariner Automatic Steel Black Matte Patina 16800 Circa 1981 40mm Watch

Rolex Submariner Automatic Steel Black Matte Dial Patina Ghost Bezel 16800 Circa 1981 40mm Watch Caliber 3035.

Up for sale is my Rolex watch. Please see pictures for exact details and message me with any questions.

The watch has its original bezel and has faded over time and has become ghosted. The matte dial is original and the markers have all turned to a pumpkin color. The bracelet is a Rolex 93150 and is period correct for the watch but the date code puts it at a 1984 bracelet. The bracelet does have some stretch but is in good overall shape and has not been polished The case has been polished at some point and is in good overall condition. It does have some nicks but it’s normal wear and tear for a watch almost 40 years old. The lugs are in good condition too.

The Sub keeps good time and is about 4 seconds fast per day. It does not need service but I would not put it under water. I do get it wet but only when I wash my hands. I have not submerged it under water and would never try it.

Included in the sale is the 1981 Rolex Submariner, appraisal, additional 2 links for bracelet to make it full size, Everest rubber strap, polishing cloth.

Shipping and handling is $100 and will include insurance for the amount the Rolex sells for. Or you can meet me in person in the Pasadena, CA area. No international shipping. Only bank wire transfer will be accepted for payment.

Call/Text Chris 626-429-6196. $11,000 OBO.
Cgilliam34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 01:11 PM   #2
Cgilliam34
"TRF" Member

Please contact me for good quality photos. Chris 626-429-6196
Old 15 April 2019, 07:29 PM   #3
Lol-x
Facilitator

The rules require you to post clear photos depicting the current condition of the watch.

You have 24 hours to comply and respond.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2019, 01:16 AM   #4
Cgilliam34
"TRF" Member

New Pictures

Hopefully these pictures come out better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgilliam34 View Post
Rolex Submariner Automatic Steel Black Matte Dial Patina Ghost Bezel 16800 Circa 1981 40mm Watch Caliber 3035.

Up for sale is my Rolex watch. Please see pictures for exact details and message me with any questions.

The watch has its original bezel and has faded over time and has become ghosted. The matte dial is original and the markers have all turned to a pumpkin color. The bracelet is a Rolex 93150 and is period correct for the watch but the date code puts it at a 1984 bracelet. The bracelet does have some stretch but is in good overall shape and has not been polished The case has been polished at some point and is in good overall condition. It does have some nicks but it’s normal wear and tear for a watch almost 40 years old. The lugs are in good condition too.

The Sub keeps good time and is about 4 seconds fast per day. It does not need service but I would not put it under water. I do get it wet but only when I wash my hands. I have not submerged it under water and would never try it.

Included in the sale is the 1981 Rolex Submariner, appraisal, additional 2 links for bracelet to make it full size, Everest rubber strap, polishing cloth.

Shipping and handling is $100 and will include insurance for the amount the Rolex sells for. Or you can meet me in person in the Pasadena, CA area. No international shipping. Only bank wire transfer will be accepted for payment.

Call/Text Chris 626-429-6196. $11,000 OBO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex 1.jpg (180.4 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Rolex 2.jpg (119.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Rolex 3.jpg (143.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Rolex 4.jpg (122.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Rolex 5.jpg (210.3 KB, 82 views)
Old 16 April 2019, 01:18 AM   #5
Cgilliam34
"TRF" Member

New Pictures

Rolex 1.jpg

Rolex 2.jpg

Rolex 3.jpg

Rolex 4.jpg

Rolex 5.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
The rules require you to post clear photos depicting the current condition of the watch.

Old 16 April 2019, 01:19 AM   #6
Cgilliam34
"TRF" Member

New Pictures

Rolex 1.jpg

Rolex 2.jpg

Rolex 3.jpg

Rolex 4.jpg

Rolex 5.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post