The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 16 September 2019, 08:41 AM   #91
baglady
"TRF" Member

https://www.christies.com/lotfinder/...1-details.aspx
baglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 08:41 AM   #92
baglady
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Guys I think we ruined baglady’s thread...

Sorry baglady... I apologize.
Not in the slightest

Also I owe u all pix
Old 16 September 2019, 03:05 PM   #93
WatchLurv
Banned

Watch: Swiss
@FatNinja: You can make good money on bags. You buy 10 bags a month and you flip them for 2K profit each. 20K. If you're passionate about bags you can turn a hobby into a side-income. It's almost better profit than a watch dealer. You flip a Rolex DJ you get like 300-500 USD from it.

@OP: Congrats on the 5205R. I'm not a fan of the watch, but I hope you wear it in good health and it makes you smile like a Cheshire cat.
WatchLurv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 05:12 PM   #94
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Therealreal always makes money yes, the bag seller no.
When u get consigned a bag...you have no capital at risk
They make money on the items they sell but TheRealReal will never show a net profit. Their overhead is enormous.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 08:10 PM   #95
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
@FatNinja: You can make good money on bags. You buy 10 bags a month and you flip them for 2K profit each. 20K. If you're passionate about bags you can turn a hobby into a side-income. It's almost better profit than a watch dealer. You flip a Rolex DJ you get like 300-500 USD from it.

@OP: Congrats on the 5205R. I'm not a fan of the watch, but I hope you wear it in good health and it makes you smile like a Cheshire cat.

I can’t buy 10 birkins per month... I was getting 3 birkins a month at the wife’s peak obsession. And if I spent that much time on something I’d expect a higher return ;). Significantly higher reward... simply said I need to make more than stripper money. Besides I’m really lazy and I get online to practice my trolling skills to keep up with the kid.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 08:15 PM   #96
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
They make money on the items they sell but TheRealReal will never show a net profit. Their overhead is enormous.
Ok. Will try it again when I need to move a bag at some point
Old 16 September 2019, 09:11 PM   #97
WatchLurv
Banned

Quote:
I can’t buy 10 birkins per month... I was getting 3 birkins a month at the wife’s peak obsession. And if I spent that much time on something I’d expect a higher return ;). Significantly higher reward... simply said I need to make more than stripper money. Besides I’m really lazy and I get online to practice my trolling skills to keep up with the kid.
If you had the connects to different Hermes around the world I think that would be a possibility. It's nothing but a waiting game, to get the message or follow up with one of the managers in the stores. Buy it under different names, but still maintain that you're the one making those purchases, so when something "unique" comes out, you're first in line. Not a bad month to sell 3 birkins a month for 2K profit each. 6K that goes into your coffers that you can either piss away or put into something else for minimal work
Old 16 September 2019, 09:19 PM   #98
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
If you had the connects to different Hermes around the world I think that would be a possibility. It's nothing but a waiting game, to get the message or follow up with one of the managers in the stores. Buy it under different names, but still maintain that you're the one making those purchases, so when something "unique" comes out, you're first in line. Not a bad month to sell 3 birkins a month for 2K profit each. 6K that goes into your coffers that you can either piss away or put into something else for minimal work
That would require me to be nice and do more ass kissing for another while. It’s been like 2 years of being unnaturally nice to people. Not going to lie, tired of this pretending to be nice to people to get the watches and bags.

Since I have everything I need, I’m going to revert back to my usual personality...and let people kiss my ass for me to buy stuff.
Old 16 September 2019, 10:30 PM   #99
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Where this thread went.

Wow. Just wow.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 01:00 AM   #100
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Where this thread went.

Wow. Just wow.
It happens to every conversation I’m part of. I did apologieze
Old 17 September 2019, 01:21 AM   #101
WatchLurv
Banned

Quote:
It happens to every conversation I’m part of. I did apologieze
Just a small side-track after we all congratulate op.
OP has still not posted any pics
Old 17 September 2019, 02:00 AM   #102
MadSpaniard
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That would require me to be nice and do more ass kissing for another while. It’s been like 2 years of being unnaturally nice to people. Not going to lie, tired of this pretending to be nice to people to get the watches and bags.

Since I have everything I need, I’m going to revert back to my usual personality...and let people kiss my ass for me to buy stuff.
You should never kiss ass of presumptuous sales flunkeys at luxury stores. If they don't take you seriously then return the favor by abusing the hell out of them: try on everything there, then leave and buy elsewhere.
MadSpaniard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 02:09 AM   #103
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSpaniard View Post
You should never kiss ass of presumptuous sales flunkeys at luxury stores. If they don't take you seriously then return the favor by abusing the hell out of them: try on everything there, then leave and buy elsewhere.
Trust me I’m reverting back to that... please call me sir Richard
Old 17 September 2019, 02:17 AM   #104
MadSpaniard
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Trust me I’m reverting back to that... please call me sir Richard
That's right, when faced with flunkeys, get yer ninja on
MadSpaniard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 04:01 AM   #105
baglady
"TRF" Member

I could never acquire 3 Birkin/Kellys a month.

Anyways, I don't like kissing an SA's ass to give them money. It's almost as dystopian as waiting an hour in line for brunch. I'm supposed to wait to give you money so I can eat? What?

That's why I suppose I've had limited success in the watch side of this. I won't acquire watches I don't want to get the watch I do want. And AD's who tell me that I need to buy two dress watches before I can sit on the "Aquanaut" list go on my "not talking to again" list, although that's also why I haven't had much success with the ADs.

It's frustrating because the 5205R is a watch I did want. But I still have to buy more watches? Well nothing quite pulls at me the way the 5205R did, so at this point I'd be forcing myself to do something I don't really want to do.

I had the same attitude about Hermes. Was not going to buy something I didn't want to get what I did want. But thankfully there were things I wanted: boots, sweaters, scarves, wallets. And SAs there especially love devotion to their other items, not just leather goods, so it was an easy sell.
Old 17 September 2019, 04:04 AM   #106
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baglady View Post

Anyways, I don't like kissing an SA's ass to give them money. It's almost as dystopian as waiting an hour in line for brunch. I'm supposed to wait to give you money so I can eat? What?

That's why I suppose I've had limited success in the watch side of this. I won't acquire watches I don't want to get the watch I do want. And AD's who tell me that I need to buy two dress watches before I can sit on the "Aquanaut" list go on my "not talking to again" list, although that's also why I haven't had much success with the ADs.

It's frustrating because the 5205R is a watch I did want. But I still have to buy more watches? Well nothing quite pulls at me the way the 5205R did, so at this point I'd be forcing myself to do something I don't really want to do.

I had the same attitude about Hermes. Was not going to buy something I didn't want to get what I did want. But thankfully there were things I wanted: boots, sweaters, scarves, wallets. And SAs there especially love devotion to their other items, not just leather goods, so it was an easy sell.
very manly attitude!!!!
pam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 04:10 AM   #107
baglady
"TRF" Member

Some pix

https://imgur.com/a/AJ5FHPc
Old 17 September 2019, 04:13 AM   #108
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
surely nice but why no wrist shot?
Old 17 September 2019, 04:45 AM   #109
GGatsby
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Well said - cool girl !!!!!
GGatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 05:03 AM   #110
baglady
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
surely nice but why no wrist shot?
If I had to be honest it's because I didn't have time to shave today
Old 17 September 2019, 05:07 AM   #111
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
No worries...
Me neither.
Old 17 September 2019, 05:07 AM   #112
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
we do not discriminate on the basis of arm hair. not even danestaff was banned because of that. but i understand your concerns.
enjoy the watch, it is really nice.
Old 17 September 2019, 05:18 AM   #113
baglady
"TRF" Member

Quote:
we do not discriminate on the basis of arm hair. not even danestaff was banned because of that. but i understand your concerns.
enjoy the watch, it is really nice.
Yes but I discriminate against myself. It's why today is a sweater and jeans day and not a dress/skirt day.

I really should get laser hair removal...
Old 17 September 2019, 05:22 AM   #114
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes but I discriminate against myself. It's why today is a sweater and jeans day and not a dress/skirt day.

I really should get laser hair removal...
no don't. use it as a sign of mental and physical strength. hope you get your 5164A soon and looking forward to a proper wrist shot.
Old 17 September 2019, 05:24 AM   #115
baglady
"TRF" Member

Quote:
no don't. use it as a sign of mental and physical strength. hope you get your 5164A soon and looking forward to a proper wrist shot.
I want te 5164R :-)
Old 17 September 2019, 05:32 AM   #116
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I want te 5164R :-)
ahh yes, it is actually the nicer and more ladylike watch. my wife prefers it over the A. i do as well. seriously.