The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 8 December 2012, 02:21 AM   #1
athleticco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
Icon20 Rolex Oysterdate Precision 6694 crown assembly parts# help!

Good morning everyone!
I have a Rolex Oysterdate Precision all stainless steel with a gold dial that I desperately need help with. I worked hard to save money and get this and I'm so happy I did, proud to have it on everyday. Recently while I was winding it the crown broke and the little piece needs to be replaced. I cannot have it serviced or overhauled yet as the price is too much it'll take me a long time to put that on the side. So I'm planning on buying this parts I need and have them installed at a regular watch repair store for less. I need the o-ring back gasket, the crown itself and the tube for it. I took it for a look there and I've been told that even if i see the crown stem all the way in that is not broken and all I need for this to fix it is a new crown and the tube (tube being separate or thats the little guy gasket that goes in?)
Can somebody please, please tell me the part numbers for tube, crown and gaskets? The watch is a vintage Rolex Ref. 6694 Oysterdate Precision Cal. 1225 manual winding. I did a lot of research before posting and nowhere to find a list with the part numbers and description. What a treat would that be! What I found so far is the part# for the crown in stainless steel 24-600-0 and 18kgold 24-600-8. But I am not sure this is it, can somebody please confirm? And tube, stem and gaskets as well?
This watch is my life, if I can find the original Crown in gold (Over the stainless steel it would look great I think to match the original gold dial and maybe the bezel 18k as well but thats something I can only dream about for now). All I want is to make this little guy work again, I'm sad having it broken. Once I get the crown/gasket tube/stem maybe I'm not sure if I need that yet or not/and all gaskets part# afterwards I can clean and oil it, doing it separately is just another way to save a little money. Please share your thoughts and tell me if you know anything about the parts numbers for those or a website to order them from, all originals would be great.
Thank you much and happy holidays everyone!
athleticco is offline   Reply With Quote