The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 May 2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Nader
"TRF" Member

Questions concerning Leather strap with end links on Daytona Bi color

Dear friends,

I just made myself a member of this forum because i've been searching the net all week and haven't found any specific answers.
Therefor i thought i'd turn to a forum with some professionals :).

I bought myself the Daytona Bicolor a couple of years back :

Since i got a bit bored of the stainless steel/ yellow gold bracelet i bought myself an authentic leather crocodile bracelet from rolex, making the watch look the way it does now :
image.jpeg

The buckle i've put on the strap (as u can see above ) is a simple cheaper one since Rolex told me if i want to buy the original one they use on Daytona with leather straps, it would cost me a lot of money. At the time, i didn't have the possibility to do that.

So i decided to stick to the cheaper solution meanwhile.

Now a while later i changed my mind. When i look at my Daytona, i feel it's not right. I want to change the buckle to an original Daytona one:

)

Now my questions:

As you can see, with my leather strap now, the End links are not included.
This i something i want to change for starters. I find the way it looks with end links way nicer.

1) Can i simply go to the Rolex store and order a new original gold buckle for my Leather strap + the end links ( in stainless steel ) and just let them put it on my current watch?
Also, can i order the buckle and place it on my current leather band or do i have to buy a new leather band that comes with the buckle?

So basically i need to know if following items are seperately available at the Rolex store and it if they would fit without any modifications to the case:
- Stainless steel End links
- Gold buckle ( with or without a new leather strap ? )

If not, then what are my alternatives?

I read some things via search about a certain member Eugene here on the forum that makes End links. Would that be an option ?

Thanks a bunch!

Nader
Nader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2013, 09:16 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Not 100% sure but I believe the strap end link is different to the bracelet end link,and would doubt even if they did fit you would be able to get one from Rolex.As its not available for the TT models only the all gold models you could try Eugene, but I know at the moment he is very busy and only have time to make them on weekends..

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2013, 09:49 PM   #3
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader View Post
Dear friends,

I just made myself a member of this forum because i've been searching the net all week and haven't found any specific answers.
Therefor i thought i'd turn to a forum with some professionals :).

I bought myself the Daytona Bicolor a couple of years back :

Since i got a bit bored of the stainless steel/ yellow gold bracelet i bought myself an authentic leather crocodile bracelet from rolex, making the watch look the way it does now :
Attachment 388896

The buckle i've put on the strap (as u can see above ) is a simple cheaper one since Rolex told me if i want to buy the original one they use on Daytona with leather straps, it would cost me a lot of money. At the time, i didn't have the possibility to do that.

So i decided to stick to the cheaper solution meanwhile.

Now a while later i changed my mind. When i look at my Daytona, i feel it's not right. I want to change the buckle to an original Daytona one:

)

Now my questions:

As you can see, with my leather strap now, the End links are not included.
This i something i want to change for starters. I find the way it looks with end links way nicer.

1) Can i simply go to the Rolex store and order a new original gold buckle for my Leather strap + the end links ( in stainless steel ) and just let them put it on my current watch?
Also, can i order the buckle and place it on my current leather band or do i have to buy a new leather band that comes with the buckle?

So basically i need to know if following items are seperately available at the Rolex store and it if they would fit without any modifications to the case:
- Stainless steel End links
- Gold buckle ( with or without a new leather strap ? )

If not, then what are my alternatives?

I read some things via search about a certain member Eugene here on the forum that makes End links. Would that be an option ?

Thanks a bunch!

Nader
Well don't get A clasp like in the photo you provided, its fake. On a serious note, you will need to get them custom made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 May 2013, 10:27 PM   #4
Nader
"TRF" Member

Get what custom made? The end link or the clasp?
Nader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2013, 01:58 AM   #5
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader View Post
Get what custom made? The end link or the clasp?
Endlinks for the Daytona w/strap are machined into the case, they are not removable, interchangeable, nor are they purchasable from Rolex.. You need to have custom endlinks made if you want them..

Like these: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180711

Also, you need a genuine Rolex strap to use the Daytona strap clasp.. The clasp alone is always precious metal so runs a couple of thousand dollars and also are not sold separately by Rolex, you would need to find one on the open market..
Old 19 May 2013, 02:01 AM   #6
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
We have seen beautiful endlinks made by someone (forgot name) posted here, with members installing them on SS daytonas. I would contact him for your project. Keep us posted.
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2013, 02:03 AM   #7
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
This might help.....(scroll down, 2 tone daytona shown)

http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=Eugene
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2013, 03:27 AM   #8
pininfarina
"TRF" Member

hi i have got all the answers for you need as i've gone through exactly this last year.

in a short note with my piece of advice to you (coming from a guy that's spent time = $ to do exactly this), is the followings:

1) buy an "end-links" from Etur i.e. Eugene for us$80. just pm him but you need to wait awhile for his reply.. he doesn't do this for living.

2) use your own buckle (or clasp whatever you call it) in ssteal.. it still looks good. don't buy fake nor genuine ones on ebay/anyway because it's going to cost you. you'll also saved money and worth it because you may end up recovering it to original states one day anyway... when you got bored again with the new look.

3) you need to buy a daytona leather straps (real one cost around us$330 in asia or aftermarket ones for circa us$150)... your existing one (in the picture) won't fit; it should be with "flat ends" and holes on all 4 sides specifically made for deployant buckle (which is what yours is called).

then you're all set. i've a WG daytona and felt the same last year so i did exactly the change or modification... it looks good! but am now thinking of changing it back to original... given the steal end links vs. my WG case just don't feel right hehe...

anyway it's a cool move and you'll enjoy the process. if you did what i suggested, your only wastage (if you ever reinstate it to original) is the leather strap which isn't too bad... good luck. pm me if you need more info. pin
pininfarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2013, 03:48 AM   #9
CJ01
"TRF" Member

You could always get the end links from Etur and use the standard clasp you already have and use the tutorial from Mike (Kilyung) for putting a strap on an SS Daytona. Would work really well with the gold-through Daytona clasp and TT end links!
CJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2013, 10:57 AM   #10
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

You need custom endlinks rolex will not sell them to you the cases are different, you can do it with etur endlinks. A purist can tell its still not right even when done on the gold models, you can tell an altered watch they have a different model number and the case design is different at the lug. I refer to the gold models this style was designed for of course, that is why Rolex won't even sell you a strap for your gold bracelet daytona as a change up. . here's a few explanatory photos courtesy of mondani. A steel and two tone will have the bracelet design Note the lug. Good luck I like the look, its your watch do what makes you happy I always say, but some things to consider for others, so I thought I would clear it up. Regards. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368924835.781994.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368924859.882494.jpg

Old 7 November 2013, 09:33 AM   #11
Nmuriqi

Can this be done on my own? Do I need to remove the bezel?

Nmuriqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2013, 05:22 AM   #12
Nmuriqi

A little help guys...

Nmuriqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2013, 09:15 AM   #13
samsam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmuriqi View Post
Can this be done on my own? Do I need to remove the bezel?

If you have a Daytona that comes on bracelet, No.
You can do it yourself with proper spring bar tools. Nowadays Smartyjones18 does the end links. You can contact him, I highly recommend him.
samsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2013, 01:57 PM   #14
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Only with custom end links.

Old 8 November 2013, 03:03 PM   #15
Ardalan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
You need custom endlinks rolex will not sell them to you the cases are different, you can do it with etur endlinks. A purist can tell its still not right even when done on the gold models, you can tell an altered watch they have a different model number and the case design is different at the lug. I refer to the gold models this style was designed for of course, that is why Rolex won't even sell you a strap for your gold bracelet daytona as a change up. . here's a few explanatory photos courtesy of mondani. A steel and two tone will have the bracelet design Note the lug. Good luck I like the look, its your watch do what makes you happy I always say, but some things to consider for others, so I thought I would clear it up. Regards. Attachment 389039Attachment 389040

-Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch
-Omega Seamaster Professional
Ardalan is offline   Reply With Quote