The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 April 2019, 04:44 AM   #1
Warg
"TRF" Member

Oysterflex sizing help please.

Hello, I know this has been discussed before but after reading a few threads on it I’m still slightly unsure of sizes for this. I plan on retro fitting to a sub 116610LN and using end links by smartyEL.

I’ve Measured wrist and I’m 175mm. I know since it’s going on a sub the clasp is bigger which will effect sizes from what I have read.

Hoping somebody had the same set up as me on my sub which is:

4 links 6 o’clock side
5 1/2 links on 12 o’clock side

And I’m set pretty much dead centre of glide lock clasp.

I’m pretty certain I’m an EF on the 12 o’clock side but can’t be sure if I should be a ED or EE on 6 o’clock side.

I’m swaying to ED just now taking into account I will be using end links. If anybody has same set up as me and has used end links etc could help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Warg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 04:46 AM   #2
OysterBracelet
Banned

Don't waste your money on Oysterflex, buy Rubber B or Everest.

Oysterflex is only suited to the PM models with proper clasps, looks naff on SS.
OysterBracelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 04:49 AM   #3
Warg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterBracelet View Post
Don't waste your money on Oysterflex, buy Rubber B or Everest.

Oysterflex is only suited to the PM models with proper clasps, looks naff on SS.
A glide lock isn’t a proper clasp? I’ve seen a few on here on OF and they look excellent.
Old 23 April 2019, 04:51 AM   #4
OysterBracelet
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warg View Post
A glide lock isn’t a proper clasp? I’ve seen a few on here on OF and they look excellent.
Spending $500+ on a wrong bracelet is madness IMO.
Old 23 April 2019, 04:57 AM   #5
Warg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterBracelet View Post
Spending $500+ on a wrong bracelet is madness IMO.
But I didn’t ask for your opinion on how I spend my money. I asked for help from people that have already squandered their hard earned cash in the same way I plan to squander mines. Thanks for your concern though.
Old 23 April 2019, 04:59 AM   #6
OysterBracelet
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warg View Post
But I didn’t ask for your opinion on how I spend my money. I asked for help from people that have already squandered their hard earned cash in the same way I plan to squander mines. Thanks for your concern though.
Good luck.
Old 23 April 2019, 05:20 AM   #7
stylinleems
2024 Pledge Member

I might be of help.

When I test fit my OF on the glidelock clasp, ED (6 o'clock side) and EE (12 o'clock side) fit but was a bit loose even with glidelock at its tightest setting. I tried ED and ED and it fit perfectly with the glidelock mid-way. You might be and ED, ED/EE (EF might be too big). A general rule as another member pointed out previously on the forum, ED = 4 links, EE = 5 links etc. (I can't find that thread).

You want to be sure with the OF, as they are pricey and cannot be returned I believe.
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 05:42 AM   #8
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

This thread sums it up well. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?p=9532991

The good thing is that you have the glidelock so you should be able to dial it in nicely if you can get even remotely close to your size.

My wrist is 6.75" and I have EE and EG on my YM. On Daytona it would be EE and EF. (YM has no end links)
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 05:49 AM   #9
stylinleems
2024 Pledge Member

^ The thread I was referring to - Thanks RJ!
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 05:53 AM   #10
Warg
"TRF" Member

That is a great help thank you so much!
Old 23 April 2019, 05:55 AM   #11
yOyOYoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
I can't help with the sizing, but just curious how does one go about sourcing an oysterflex?
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 06:00 AM   #12
Warg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinleems View Post
I might be of help.

When I test fit my OF on the glidelock clasp, ED (6 o'clock side) and EE (12 o'clock side) fit but was a bit loose even with glidelock at its tightest setting. I tried ED and ED and it fit perfectly with the glidelock mid-way. You might be and ED, ED/EE (EF might be too big). A general rule as another member pointed out previously on the forum, ED = 4 links, EE = 5 links etc. (I can't find that thread).

You want to be sure with the OF, as they are pricey and cannot be returned I believe.

I think you may be correct, judging by the thread shown by RJ the sizings seem to include the end link so when I add another end link on top of that I think it would take me to an ED, EE rather than the EF I though I may have been.

Especially when you put it on a glide lock rather than Daytona Easylink.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Old 23 April 2019, 06:56 AM   #13
Flyer737
"TRF" Member

I’ve done quite a bit of research on this for my Explorer and I’ve been to various AD’s all over the world, many will not sell you it as I presume it’s Rolex policy to not sell to you unless you own the specific precious metal model. However the dealer I found who was prepared to sell me one had a sizing measure from Rolex that would tell you the specific codes you need for each side of the watch, might be worth asking the dealer to size you properly.

Have to say the more I read and have learnt, I am now leaning towards a rubber b as per some of the other suggestions. Still undecided but Oysterflex does seem big money especially when you need the smarty end links as well. Let us know how you get on.