The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 April 2019, 06:03 PM   #1
kepler22
"TRF" Member

White gold Daytona on Oysterflex (UK)

I know there are previous posts on this topic, but I am particularly interested for those that have one, what was their wait period in the UK? Are they as difficult to get as SS sports models? Thanks
kepler22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 06:15 PM   #2
365DAS
"TRF" Member

Can’t say specifically now as I was originally waiting for one but then opted for the RG variant. I believe the wait times can be similar depending on your relationship with your AD as the supply time I understand is the same but the demand for the Oysterflex is less than a SS one (if that makes sense).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
365DAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 06:20 PM   #3
kepler22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 365DAS View Post
Can’t say specifically now as I was originally waiting for one but then opted for the RG variant. I believe the wait times can be similar depending on your relationship with your AD as the supply time I understand is the same but the demand for the Oysterflex is less than a SS one (if that makes sense).

Thanks for the response, makes sense, how do you like the RG version?
Old 14 April 2019, 06:24 PM   #4
365DAS
"TRF" Member

White gold Daytona on Oysterflex (UK)

Love it! I was convinced the WG variant should be the one I go for since I have a fair bit of RG in my current crop of watches but when I saw it in the flesh it changed my mind (or maybe I’m clearly biased towards RG!)

I know some don’t consider WG due to the fact that it looks like SS but that wasn’t my reason for not going for it. If I had a desire for another Daytona Oysterflex then I would go for a WG one but I’m gonna get the YM42 Oysterflex when it’s released (I know it’s been slated a fair amount but I actually like it!)

365DAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 06:30 PM   #5
AJW232
"TRF" Member

I’m after the white gold 116519ln at the moment too, haven’t seen one in AD yet but have only enquired in one so far!
AJW232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 06:39 PM   #6
kepler22
"TRF" Member

I think the WG has more of a sporty look compared to the YG and the RG a bit in-between the two. The new 42 WG is also on my list as a possibility, but from a distance it could look like a sub. I am also considering an AP Royal Oak 15500, but they are just as hard to get.
Old 14 April 2019, 07:07 PM   #7
grimps
"TRF" Member

They had both a White Gold and Rose Gold in the Case in a dealers I visited last month , I just called them back last week and have decided to take the White gold.

I was speaking to a dealer in Dubai recently and he said that even the Oysterflex Daytonas are selling for a premium there now
grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 08:58 PM   #8
Steed
"TRF" Member

I made enquires last month at a few local UK ADs and was told 1-2 years likely. (I don’t have a relationship with any one particular AD) Didn’t want to wait so paid a small premium to get a never worn 02/2019 from a non AD. There are a few UK located pieces advertised on Chrono24 which compare favourably to the premium that SS ones are up for currently. Depends how quickly you want to get one on your wrist! I must say though, it is a thing of beauty! That dial...!
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 09:00 PM   #9
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
116519 with black diamond dial is pretty nice Best Daytona of all .
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 09:01 PM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
UK is now long, look at resale prices, once they go 10-20% above retail the wait becomes many months.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 09:04 PM   #11
kepler22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimps View Post
They had both a White Gold and Rose Gold in the Case in a dealers I visited last month , I just called them back last week and have decided to take the White gold.

I was speaking to a dealer in Dubai recently and he said that even the Oysterflex Daytonas are selling for a premium there now
Was that a UK AD in one of the big cities that had both pieces or a grey dealer?
Old 14 April 2019, 11:13 PM   #12
Andygmt2
"TRF" Member

Spoke to a few ADs earlier this week, there are at least 3-5 people waiting for this piece in each store. The wait can be anywhere between 1-3 years, (that’s if you don’t have a VIP walk in and demand one at your AD). The WG imo looks absolutely stunning ! I guess all 3 RG/WG/YG are equally popular and all down to personal preference.
Andygmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2019, 11:44 PM   #13
grimps
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler22 View Post
Was that a UK AD in one of the big cities that had both pieces or a grey dealer?
That was my local UK AD but they’re gone now .
Call around a few places because they’re not impossible to get
grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 12:07 AM   #14
kepler22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimps View Post
That was my local UK AD but they’re gone now .
Call around a few places because they’re not impossible to get
Thanks for the advice, going to make some calls!
Old 15 April 2019, 09:09 AM   #15
WhiskeyNovember
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Spoke to my AD very recently and he said seeing less and less Oysterflex coming through and waiting list for all options with the WG being the most in demand and most difficult to acquire. Premiums on the grey also seem to be steadily rising for the WG. Warranty card retained on all Oysterflex models. The Panda Dial on the WG is stunning.
WhiskeyNovember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2019, 09:18 AM   #16
holdtime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyNovember View Post
Spoke to my AD very recently and he said seeing less and less Oysterflex coming through and waiting list for all options with the WG being the most in demand and most difficult to acquire. Premiums on the grey also seem to be steadily rising for the WG. Warranty card retained on all Oysterflex models. The Panda Dial on the WG is stunning.
Bought one WG Panda OF.,recently in The US.from AD Complete with Warranty Card
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 12:37 AM   #17
calatravato
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5711/1a-011
Here in New York, it’s pretty easy. Tourneau said if you place in order, they can have it to you in a week-10 days. An AD in Connecticut can get me one in 10 weeks.
Old 21 April 2019, 01:20 AM   #18
vicsdca
Banned

Same here in San Diego, pretty much all gold Daytonas are currently available in store. I tried on a couple yesterday, both on Oysterflex and bracelet. The two tone is also widely available (definitely looks better in real life than in pictures). I was even told that if I purchased a gold Daytona I could also get a SS one (I don't know about the delay though). I wish I could afford both.
vicsdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:27 AM   #19
vicsdca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyNovember View Post
My AD told me yesterday that Rolex won't allow them to sell a Rolex without scanning the warranty card at the time of purchase now. It means you cannot pay for a Rolex before they have it in store and that they will most likely give you the warranty card on the spot.
vicsdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 04:42 AM   #20
kepler22
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the responses, ordered mine today, expected delivery, maybe up to a year......
Old 23 April 2019, 08:53 PM   #21
jayr07
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I was deliberating between the Daytona 116519LN and the YM 116655. I placed a deposit for the Daytona with my local AD last week (Thursday) in the UK and have been told that I should expect it October. In comparison the AD was quoting me 3 years for the YM on oysterflex, this ultimately made up my mind.
jayr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 10:18 PM   #22
Amazing
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayr07 View Post
I was deliberating between the Daytona 116519LN and the YM 116655. I placed a deposit for the Daytona with my local AD last week (Thursday) in the UK and have been told that I should expect it October. In comparison the AD was quoting me 3 years for the YM on oysterflex, this ultimately made up my mind.
Wow that's really surprising. I didn't think the YM was that in demand. They had one in the case when I was in selfridges about a month ago.
Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 10:23 PM   #23
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayr07 View Post
That YM is now a reference 126655. The 116655 has since been discontinued. Perhaps they were trying to order the wrong model?
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 10:23 PM   #24
the1maestro
"TRF" Member

WG and YG pieces are easily obtainable. I see them all them time at my two local ADs. WG... not so much. Big fan of the RG though. Maybe someday...
the1maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 04:45 AM   #25
jayr07
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
That YM is now a reference 126655. The 116655 has since been discontinued. Perhaps they were trying to order the wrong model?
My mistake it was the 126655. Was never a starter with a 3 year waiting list.
jayr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 05:06 AM   #26
JayG
"TRF" Member

Watch: FP Journe CB/ 5711
Strange, I was also after the WG oysterflex Daytona. My AD told me if I paid in full he would walk back to the safe and get me the BLRO now. I did just that and walked out with the BLRO , the WG daytona was supposed to take 4-5 months but got it in a month.
Agree the WG on oysterflex is amazing the dial really pops, relatively understated and super versatile.
Yup that was a very good day
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 05:41 AM   #27
Hibbyx
Banned

Watch: Bluesy, Seadweller
Had the chance of the white gold at Christmas, they had all 3........... store had just moved to a new site so had some nice pieces, no SS sports, loved the watch and I will have one in time but was just to much for me then, much better value than a SS Daytona from a gray and I still believe if you look very hard you can find one at a AD
Hibbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 07:12 AM   #28
Escobardee
"TRF" Member

Anyone else still waiting to get one .... and have you been told any lead times on it ?!
Escobardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 10:01 AM   #29
Rol3xe
"TRF" Member

Been waiting 6 months or so for mine. Was told it most likely will be this month but still waiting.

This watch in recent times is harder to get
Rol3xe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 10:38 AM   #30
apyle1
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Got mine on Christmas Eve waited about 2 months from time of order
apyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote