The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 August 2018, 11:15 PM   #61
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
Quote:
Originally Posted by boroboy2k5 View Post
Hi Guys

I'm visiting Toronto Mid September 2018 and would like to purchase my 2nd Rolex while I'm there.

I've been looking for the GMT Master II 2018 pepsi. Ive got my name on the waiting list of several ADs in the UK, but they are quoting waiting times of upto 18 months.

I was wondering if any of the AD in Toronto had this model available or any other GMT Master II SS models.

I'm staying in the downtown Toronto area and will be in Toronto for 2-3 days during a business trip.

any help with locating this was would be great

Thanks Boroboy
If you're downtown just pop into Royal De Versailles as whatever is in the case is for sale. Doubt they will have the SS BLRO in stock though. You may get lucky with the LN GMT. Good luck,
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2018, 12:48 AM   #62
Amochosto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Hi Guys

I'm visiting Toronto Mid September 2018 and would like to purchase my 2nd Rolex while I'm there.

I've been looking for the GMT Master II 2018 pepsi. Ive got my name on the waiting list of several ADs in the UK, but they are quoting waiting times of upto 18 months.

I was wondering if any of the AD in Toronto had this model available or any other GMT Master II SS models.

I'm staying in the downtown Toronto area and will be in Toronto for 2-3 days during a business trip.

any help with locating this was would be great

Thanks Boroboy
Drop into Royal de Versailles on a Thursday or Friday afternoon, if you are lucky they just got a shipment and have something for you. I think it’s highly unlikely the BLRO will be available, but you might get a GMT LN to tide you over.

Stupidity is doomed, therefore, to cringe at every syllable of wisdom

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Amochosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2018, 01:08 AM   #63
SilverKast
"TRF" Member

Watch: always one more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
Must be more to this story than that. Been to J. Vair many times and was treated awesome and I promise I was dressed pretty terrible.

Additionally being dressed like that Kenny offered me an SARU at the time.

Can’t see anyone there being that rude considering they are right off the bike path.
No more to the story than what I initially said - I was straight off the street to take a look while on my way to the game. I was pretty surprised by how poorly I was treated, which is why I haven't bought anything from them and don't recommend them to anyone I know who is shopping around.

Could have been an isolated incident, maybe the salesman was just having a bad day or whatever. If they're good to other people, which is what I would initially have expected, then that's great - but my experience has only served to leave them off my list when shopping.
SilverKast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2018, 02:23 AM   #64
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
You might find an LN but sourcing a BLRO is def not happening and even a BLNR you’ll have to get lucky.
Old 2 September 2018, 12:49 AM   #65
boroboy2k5
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner D
Thanks Guys

What’s the availability of the Daytona in the GTA?

Regards Imran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boroboy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2018, 05:09 AM   #66
akikan
"TRF" Member

How to hard to get a sub date in Montreal or even in whole canada...?
akikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2018, 08:07 AM   #67
FirstF80InSpace
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks Guys

What’s the availability of the Daytona in the GTA?

Regards Imran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of yellow gold or platinum. SS you will be waiting years.
FirstF80InSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 05:40 AM   #68
RoadToOblivion
"TRF" Member

Hey guys! First time poster here..

I know this thread's last reply was from back in November 2018 however I was hoping I could bring it back alive!

I live in Montreal and I've been looking to buy my first Rolex! I have been saving for a couple of months now and I've been lusting after the 116610LN..... but DAMN it's been a pain trying to find one! I want my first Rolex to be a new one so I've been calling all the ADs in Montreal AND its surroundings but I can't seem to get my hands on one! The only place which would even let me be on a waiting list is the one in Quebec city...

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!
RoadToOblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 11:25 PM   #69
LC23
"TRF" Member

Hey Bud.

Congrats on the decision on getting your first Rolex. Is there any update on this topic? I have major issues from getting any SS Rolex watches in the city.

Any info would be great.
LC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 01:01 AM   #70
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToOblivion View Post
Hey guys! First time poster here..

I know this thread's last reply was from back in November 2018 however I was hoping I could bring it back alive!

I live in Montreal and I've been looking to buy my first Rolex! I have been saving for a couple of months now and I've been lusting after the 116610LN..... but DAMN it's been a pain trying to find one! I want my first Rolex to be a new one so I've been calling all the ADs in Montreal AND its surroundings but I can't seem to get my hands on one! The only place which would even let me be on a waiting list is the one in Quebec city...

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Calling doesn’t work. Show up in person and make the extra effort chatting the with AD and sales. You’ll be surprised they might just happen to have one sitting in the back sometimes. To get an SS Sub, AK, Explorer 1 &2, Milgauss (in Canada at least) it’s usually relatively quick. If you have past purchase history it could be within weeks. If you don’t then 3-6 months on the Sub is what I’ve heard is the norm for new customers. Head to the AD, they should be able to help you with a list per say (might require deposit to secure an allocation). You lived without a Rolex for a while, just hang in there and wait a bit longer. Good thing is, it’s not part of the LV, BLNR, BLRO, SkyD, and DaytonaC gang yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC23 View Post
Hey Bud.

Congrats on the decision on getting your first Rolex. Is there any update on this topic? I have major issues from getting any SS Rolex watches in the city.

Any info would be great.
Welcome to the forums... Getting which SS Rolex model?... if you are aiming for the hot models, it’s a problem world wide not the city. You’ll have same issues anywhere without “relationships” or a pocket full of cash to bundle for hot SS models.

If it’s not the hot models, see my above post.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 02:42 AM   #71
af_schulten
"TRF" Member

Watch: '62 Constellation
Hey man. I'm from Toronto and live in Ottawa now. 11 months ago I wanted to buy a BLNR. I started e-mailing Rolex ADs in both Ottawa and Toronto. All replied back, and all but one said no (either directly or else a waiting list that they no longer take names for). One in Toronto replied that if I come in store they will be able to inquire exactly which model and wait time: Raffi Jewellers in Yorkdale. I went in and saw a lady named Rana. I tried on a GMT LN, said I like it and would like a BLNR. She confirmed with her manager that waits were up to 5 months. This was much better than the horror stories I had heard, so I said yes and paid for it in full on the spot. I asked if there was any way to get it in 3 months as I was going on a work trip to the US and not back until late November; Rana said she could get it sooner. 5 weeks later I got the call. Retail price plus tax. Warranty card upon delivery. No games, no surprises. That was 11 months ago. First Rolex, first time buying at Raffi, first time buying from Rana...no previous relationship.

...and that was for a BLNR. I don't think you would have trouble with a Sub, but its popularity and demand may take more time.

Good luck!

Most Bittersweet Breakup: ROLEX GMT-Master II 116710 BLNR
af_schulten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 03:34 AM   #72
Ultratrailrunner
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
I am in Halifax and was searching for a ss Sub or GMT. Went to the local AD and was told it could be a year for ND sub and longer for the others. I emailed the ADs in NB, NFLD & Quebec. Very similar responses.
I ended up buying a GMT LN from a private seller in Canada.
I am still in contact with the AD in Halifax, but no ss sports models as of yet.
Ultratrailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2019, 05:02 AM   #73
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

Yep, Halifax doesnt have much going on ... I bought my GMT II from the states two years ago :)
Gtecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2019, 08:01 AM   #74
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexNorth View Post
I've been buying and selling, flipping Rolex watches for the past 10 years. There were always lot's of Sub's around at dealerships. Lot's of discounts to be had to. This low supply is just a short term blip. It'll let up. Being from Toronto, I don't see Rolex on many peoples wrists and I work in Finance so no one's buying them up here.
Amazing, where are all these subs and discounts?
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2019, 09:07 AM   #75
EP32k2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
Professional series availability here is no different from ROW. Also ignore comments about the so called bubble popping.
EP32k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2019, 10:34 PM   #76
RoadToOblivion
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC23 View Post
Hey Bud.

Any info would be great.
I opened another thread to get more advice last month:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=664947

Happy hunting!
RoadToOblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2019, 12:45 AM   #77
FirstF80InSpace
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
You realize he was talking about the past right? And not present day. His post was also made January 2018.
FirstF80InSpace is offline   Reply With Quote