The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 20 December 2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Breitling for Bentley Flying B

Braved the crowds for Christmas shopping on the weekend, and happened to see a new Breitling for Bentley Flying B in a shop window. One of these:

I must say, this is one rather different looking watch in the 'flesh'. My impressions after seeing photos, was one of a watch that was rather sleek, refined and worked well as a whole. However, I was very dissapointed when I actually saw the thing. It just looks really, really square, above all else.

Large, ungainly and almost gaudy are other words that spring to mind. It's very attention-getting....oh...and shiny!
I knew immediately what it was, even with only a quick glance.
But that great hobnail style pattern. and the round dials almost dissapeared, and were overpowered by the actual case of the watch.

But, these are just my first impressions. I normally like the size and heft of Breitlings, especially the more complicated ones, but this one just seemed a bit too different for my tastes.

Anyone here seen one, or tried one on?
Old 20 December 2006, 11:27 PM   #2
Atomic

Haven't yet seen one, but in SS (or white gold?) I like it generally. I DON'T like the big Bentley on the dial, though. Looks crass.
Old 21 December 2006, 07:35 AM   #3
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
Haven't yet seen one, but in SS (or white gold?) I like it generally. I DON'T like the big Bentley on the dial, though. Looks crass.
This one was in either RH of YG, and it did look crass. That's the word I was after. Almost too much, with the size and shape of the case.