The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2019, 02:22 PM   #91
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
C'mon don't be that guy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 20 April 2019, 02:23 PM   #92
Geaux Tigers
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date
Nah...wear it like I stole it...all of em.
Geaux Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 02:37 PM   #93
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Silly question.
Enjoy your watch.
They do not put wallets in coffins.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 02:51 PM   #94
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I wear all my watches without thinking about them. As timepieces they get the odd glance and, as art maybe two :)
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 03:32 PM   #95
ilovethiscity
"TRF" Member

Watch: the days go by
SS = every day watch
PM = one day watch

ilovethiscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 03:41 PM   #96
ppalasthira
Banned

Watch: SubC.5711.D500
No I still wear the hell out of my Sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ppalasthira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 03:43 PM   #97
DGB
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobikid View Post
Yup just like these

Not enough wrapping, you should use the bubble wrap, 3 layers to be on the safe side.
Alternatively you could put your hand in a chock-proof box filled with polystyrene.

DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 03:46 PM   #98
Mobikid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
Not enough wrapping, you should use the bubble wrap, 3 layers to be on the safe side.
Alternatively you could put your hand in a chock-proof box filled with polystyrene.

Great idea! Ill do that..

Mobikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 03:46 PM   #99
Keepchasing
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Just wait until the bubble bursts, then you can afford to wear it again.
Keepchasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 05:29 PM   #100
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

As I've mentioned here previously. I have worn a Rolex GMT, all around the world every day of my life since about 1974. Never took particular care of it, nor
worried about the little knocks and scratches that accumulated over the years.

Things changed a couple of years ago. From the day I acquired my current 16710 I can't help but constantly admire the beauty of this iconic piece, and I have found myself taking 'extra care' when doing the normal things a bloke does. I would just hate to have to hand it over to a stranger to have 'repairs' done.
Perhaps I shouldn't have read some of the horror stories here, regarding some of the ham fisted watch-tech's attempts at minor bracelet adjustments, let alone the over polishing issues, etc etc.

I bought a watch that I liked the look of to wear while I'm gardening and working on projects around the house. It cost me 3 quid. The strap I put it on probably cost more!
's'funny though, I still find myself in flinching if I accidentally clout my £3 gardening watch against a wall or whatever. Old habits die hard.

Yes, any watch is meant to be worn and to tell the time.
Paintings are meant to be looked at, but, you wouldn't take your Rembrant to the beach or, use your 250 GTO to commute into town.....would you?

I love my beautiful Rolex GMT-Master II, it's gorgeous and reasonably pristine and I wear it every occasion I can, except when I'm playing at being the gardener , the car mechanic, the carpenter or the builder.
I like my watch the way it is, and will try to keep it that way.
Good luck to all you 'tool-watch' heroes, go ahead, I have absolutely no problem with you damaging your own watches.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 05:42 PM   #101
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
I just wonder what's happened to Rolex owners over the past five- ten years,seems like now Rolex are no longer watches to be worn and enjoyed.Now they are little more than ££££$$$$ and watches like the sub made in there countless millions over the past 50 plus years only other comment to the OP below.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 05:58 PM   #102
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Virgil Hilts View Post
As I've mentioned here previously. I have worn a Rolex GMT, all around the world every day of my life since about 1974. Never took particular care of it, nor
worried about the little knocks and scratches that accumulated over the years.

Things changed a couple of years ago. From the day I acquired my current 16710 I can't help but constantly admire the beauty of this iconic piece, and I have found myself taking 'extra care' when doing the normal things a bloke does. I would just hate to have to hand it over to a stranger to have 'repairs' done.
Perhaps I shouldn't have read some of the horror stories here, regarding some of the ham fisted watch-tech's attempts at minor bracelet adjustments, let alone the over polishing issues, etc etc.

I bought a watch that I liked the look of to wear while I'm gardening and working on projects around the house. It cost me 3 quid. The strap I put it on probably cost more!
's'funny though, I still find myself in flinching if I accidentally clout my £3 gardening watch against a wall or whatever. Old habits die hard.

Yes, any watch is meant to be worn and to tell the time.
Paintings are meant to be looked at, but, you wouldn't take your Rembrant to the beach or, use your 250 GTO to commute into town.....would you?

I love my beautiful Rolex GMT-Master II, it's gorgeous and reasonably pristine and I wear it every occasion I can, except when I'm playing at being the gardener , the car mechanic, the carpenter or the builder.
I like my watch the way it is, and will try to keep it that way.
Good luck to all you 'tool-watch' heroes, go ahead, I have absolutely no problem with you damaging your own watches.
Though I agree with some of this, you'll have the "mass produced" brigade along shortly to tell you that Rolexes are more like M&Ms than Rembrants or GTOs. No more reason to see it as something valuable to be cherished than, say, a pair of Adidas Gazelle. Just mass-produced consumer items.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 06:08 PM   #103
koronet-kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: deep-sea Comex
I have moved out of my house as it has increased in value sooo much!
koronet-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 06:09 PM   #104
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
I just wonder what's happened to Rolex owners over the past five- ten years,seems like now Rolex are no longer watches to be worn and enjoyed.Now they are little more than ££££$$$$ and watches like the sub made in there countless millions over the past 50 plus years only other comment to the OP below.

Peter, I couldn't help but notice, that, all your 'Face Palmers' have put their
Rolexes.........somewhere 'nice and safe'.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 06:55 PM   #105
BisonHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub,SD,DJ,OP
Nope, worn my SD since i bought it 2006 and they put my Sub in the SD box at there AD's.

Going to bring the Sub out of retirement and put the SD back in the box, only as its my sons birth year and putting it by for him. It has rarely left my wrist in 13 years, was wearing it when he was born. Been around the world and some in it, so plenty of memories in it now for him to continue its adventures.
BisonHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 07:01 PM   #106
peterpl
Banned

All these guys thinking their Subs/GMTs are going to be worth millions. LOL

Sometimes you just got to laugh at all this insanity and stupidity happening over these mass produced watches.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 07:26 PM   #107
RolexJoe
"TRF" Member

No. I just got my Submariner Date and have worn it whenever I’m not at work. It’s brand new so I’m trying to get past the “don’t scratch it” phase. I’ve worn it during shooting competitions and I’ll wear when I get back into diving. It would be nice if it stayed pristine but that’s not what it’s for. When it’s time Rolex will service and spruce it up for me. It’s value is meaningless since it’ll never be sold.

When I first purchased my Omega Speedmaster I was so careful not to scratch it, being my first decent watch. Then I had a patient come in with one, it was an older model and scratched to hell. They clearly wore that watch everyday, everywhere. I barley wore mine since it was new and perfect, I didn’t want to ruin this watch I had spent all that money on. Then one day I noticed a large scratch in the clasp and a few on the lugs and it didn’t bother me, thinking about the scratched up one I had seen. From then in it got worn all the time until I purchased my Submariner. It’s scratched up, loved and mine. Just like my Submariner will be.
RolexJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 07:39 PM   #108
Eric-London
"TRF" Member

I wear in rotation and what takes my fancy on a given day.
Unfortunately that ‘day’ normally occurs on weekends or vacations as I tend to wear my Apple Watch during the week whilst working/seeing clients etc.

Add to that I’m lucky enough to have quite a large watch collection means most of my watches look new/mint and I’m good with that as I’m not into the patina BS.
Eric-London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 09:49 PM   #109
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I understand the sentiment OP.

They aren’t cheap and as with anything valuable it’s normal to want to take care of them.

I guess I’m somewhere in the middle ... I wear them everyday and for pretty much everything, but I also like to take care of my things so I can’t honestly say I don’t think before doing something that I feel might scratch or damage my watch.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 09:51 PM   #110
glamorama
"TRF" Member

Maybe, wear more PM and G-Shock now but not sure if it has anything to do with increased SS prices..
glamorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 09:53 PM   #111
illiguy
2024 Pledge Member

I wear the hell out of mine and don't baby it.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 10:38 PM   #112
adawil2002
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16550 Explorer II
No such thing as Rolex that's valuable to wear, especially the new ones.
6284 SS, 16014 SS Jubilee silver stick, 16253 TT Blue Thunderbird, 16550 SS Exp II Cream, bought in 1986, 116400GV Z-blue Milgauss, 79260 Tudor, 116660 DSSD-Blue, 116500LV Daytona White, 116710 BLNR, 326934 Blue Skydweller
adawil2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2019, 11:08 PM   #113
rad87gn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PAM, Omega
Wear them all before I die.
Rolex P-Series SS GMT II Black, Rolex Y-Series Sea-Dweller, Rolex F-Series TT Blue Sub, Rolex F-Series Sub LV, Rolex D-Series Ladies SS/WG DJ for wife, Panerai K-Series PAM 112, Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50, Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono 2594.52
rad87gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 12:19 AM   #114
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

I wear all my SS normally
In rotation work, play, gym, travel , whatever

brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 12:56 AM   #115
The Kermit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub16610LV /OP/GMT
Watches are for wearing. I enjoy mine and rotate on a regular basis for daily wear.
The Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:01 AM   #116
JohnTz
"TRF" Member

My Hulk is my travel watch and the lowest cost and most robust watch I own. I wear it every time I think things will get rough. That is the beauty of SS tank watches like the Subs.
JohnTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:14 AM   #117
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Hell NO!
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:17 AM   #118
bblewis
"TRF" Member

I wanted my SS sub for about a year before I pulled the trigger. Bought it new, so I saved money over buying it used... so I guess I’m “up” on the “investment”.

I’ve had it about a month now and it’s been to work, in the pool, to the top of Squaw Valley where it hit about 30k vertical feet of riding and flying across country. I have noticed a few scratches around the clasp, most likely from my desk.

Happy to report both the Rolex and I are very happy with this arrangement.
bblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:17 AM   #119
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
I only wear Pm models now.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 01:18 AM   #120
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

I wear mine regularly, they are meant to be worn

denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote