The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 March 2017, 11:53 PM   #31
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
Our resident AP price expert? Your statement is exactly opposite of what you tried convincing me of trying to sell me your watch? hmmm.... just saying.....
....you don't see the difference? Our argument was about will the current CE drop to new CE pricing since AP CUT THE PRICE.

What we are talking about here is, will the old RG drop in value or go up based on the new RG. Did AP change the price? ......no...... I am saying the RG will drop in price from more supply. Someone made a guess of 10% which I believe is reasonable. More supply..... price goes down, simple as that. And this will take time to happen either way, not snap like that.

The CE may or may not drop because of the price drop. But the point is, AP dropped the price on that 25%. That is huge. And the question was whether the drop on the old ones would be sudden to reflect that or not. We still don't know. But either way the CE was going to drop based on more supply of another model. It probably would have again been like 10%, not 25%, and not instantaneously.

Can you really not see the difference between these 2 scenarios?

I forgot to add: I don't know what you are complaining about anyways since you paid the exact same price I offered you for your CE anyways.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2017, 11:56 PM   #32
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Our resident AP price expert? Your statement is exactly opposite of what you tried convincing me of trying to sell me your watch? hmmm.... just saying.....

I wouldn't listen to anyone here regarding pricing.

Pick up the phone and hear it from the horses/AD's mouth directly.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 01:23 AM   #33
jem7v
Banned

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRN43GGB...y=orangedial17 great picture of the new 44 RG.
Old 6 March 2017, 02:34 AM   #34
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7v View Post
I said regular ROO. RB II and lebron were limited. Which one is the white 44mm? Is there even another one?

The white 44mm sounds like one that was discontinued since I never seen it, but the RG isn't. So it won't go up in value. it will be like the CE black dial, CE anthracite dial, and now CE black/gold dial. If anything price will go down from increase supply and it already has begun.

Couldn't get an RG for under 35-36k now its 33k.
Have you considered not caring how much it costs and just enjoy? Maybe this isn't the hobby for you. All of your posts are related to how much you personally think watches are going for in the market. Your opinion has been shouted many times to deaf ears.

Consider buying silver or bitcoin.
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 02:55 AM   #35
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
Have you considered not caring how much it costs and just enjoy? Maybe this isn't the hobby for you. All of your posts are related to how much you personally think watches are going for in the market. Your opinion has been shouted many times to deaf ears.

Spot on.
Old 6 March 2017, 06:01 AM   #36
Xerxes77
Banned

I don't know what to say about price.
From AP Boutique Prague I know the price from new model AP ROO 44mm rg remain the same as an old model.
I think now it's just a matter of taste from who like more old model! I don't think the price will be influenced by this IMO.
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 06:36 AM   #37
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
....you don't see the difference? Our argument was about will the current CE drop to new CE pricing since AP CUT THE PRICE.

What we are talking about here is, will the old RG drop in value or go up based on the new RG. Did AP change the price? ......no...... I am saying the RG will drop in price from more supply. Someone made a guess of 10% which I believe is reasonable. More supply..... price goes down, simple as that. And this will take time to happen either way, not snap like that.

The CE may or may not drop because of the price drop. But the point is, AP dropped the price on that 25%. That is huge. And the question was whether the drop on the old ones would be sudden to reflect that or not. We still don't know. But either way the CE was going to drop based on more supply of another model. It probably would have again been like 10%, not 25%, and not instantaneously.

Can you really not see the difference between these 2 scenarios?

I forgot to add: I don't know what you are complaining about anyways since you paid the exact same price I offered you for your CE anyways.

Not complaiming about anything dude. I got a great deal on a watch I wanted from a TS I do a lot of business with. I am not concerned about what my watch will be worth down the road. Just calling you out for talking out of both ends. Thats all.

If you are referring to the RG only, why do you keep referncing the CE in your posts?

BTW. I paid the same price on a BNIB as the used defective one you wanted to sell me. Lets not forget, you reached out to me trying to sell me yours. I didn't reach out to you.

For a guy who didn't even know how to wind his AP just a few months ago, you sure talk like the authority on AP pricing.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 06:39 AM   #38
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post

I wouldn't listen to anyone here regarding pricing.

Pick up the phone and hear it from the horses/AD's mouth directly.

I know Paul. I just had to call it out.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
Old 6 March 2017, 07:10 AM   #39
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Interesting thread, I'm getting popcorn
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 07:29 AM   #40
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
It will rise, popular models always do. The old ceramic was always overpriced and thus not a big seller, at least in the UK. The RG was always in demand and hard to find, resale prices were already very close to retail after Brexit.
Not sure prices will rise, they won't fall much I think, butI could get more than 25% off on a new one, around 30, but that was counting the tax refund, could get at 30k euros at an AD which makes direct tax refund, and 25% from the boutique, 10% discount and 15% tax refund living in Odessa, so it wasn't a hard to get piece, the Boutique always had one, and I agree with you that the 44ce was hugely overpriced, I mean the ce diver was 22,5k euros and the 44 was 42!!!!! 20k more for a little more ceramic and a chrono module was insane!!!!!!
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 07:58 AM   #41
jem7v
Banned

Quote:

Not complaiming about anything dude. I got a great deal on a watch I wanted from a TS I do a lot of business with. I am not concerned about what my watch will be worth down the road. Just calling you out for talking out of both ends. Thats all.

If you are referring to the RG only, why do you keep referncing the CE in your posts?

BTW. I paid the same price on a BNIB as the used defective one you wanted to sell me. Lets not forget, you reached out to me trying to sell me yours. I didn't reach out to you.

For a guy who didn't even know how to wind his AP just a few months ago, you sure talk like the authority on AP pricing.
My watch was 1 month old and not "defective". It went to AP twice and came back as perfectly fine. And it only went the second time because I insisted they look at it one more time.
Old 6 March 2017, 08:00 AM   #42
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post

It doesn't really matter to me. The price thing was focused mostly because of the huge cut AP did on the 44 CE, and what that would mean from previous ones.

Bitcoin a little too volatile for my blood and silver doesn't do much .
Old 6 March 2017, 08:05 AM   #43
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My watch was 1 month old and not "defective". It went to AP twice and came back as perfectly fine. And it only went the second time because I insisted they look at it one more time.

You sent it back the second time because you felt it was defective, but it was perfectly fine? I rest my case about you talking out of both ends. Carry on... I'm done thread jacking and apologize to the OP.
Old 6 March 2017, 09:02 AM   #44
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
You sent it back the second time because you felt it was defective, but it was perfectly fine? I rest my case about you talking out of both ends. Carry on... I'm done thread jacking and apologize to the OP.
Yes......I thought the mark on the bezel was a scratch. But they said twice, it wasn't. I even started a thread on it where 95% of the members couldn't even see what I was talking about. What more should I do? Either way I wouldn't classify that as "defective". I had them check the movement because it was going 5+ per day fast. But apparently these watches are fine up to +/- 12 seconds. There is even a thread here recently where everyone talking about how fast their watches run. Stop talking BS please. You're reaching here for drama and you need to stop.
Old 6 March 2017, 09:31 AM   #45
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes......I thought the mark on the bezel was a scratch. But they said twice, it wasn't. I even started a thread on it where 95% of the members couldn't even see what I was talking about. What more should I do? Either way I wouldn't classify that as "defective". I had them check the movement because it was going 5+ per day fast. But apparently these watches are fine up to +/- 12 seconds. There is even a thread here recently where everyone talking about how fast their watches run. Stop talking BS please. You're reaching here for drama and you need to stop.

Sure bud. I'll stop talking BS. PM me anytime you need instructions on how to wind your incoming 44 RG.
Old 6 March 2017, 09:37 AM   #46
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sure bud. I'll stop talking BS. PM me anytime you need insttuctions on how to wind your incoming 44 RG.
Mike, don't be a smart ass! EVERYONE knows you just shake it a whole bunch of times to wind it.
Manofsteelpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 10:10 AM   #47
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post
Mike, don't be a smart ass! EVERYONE knows you just shake it a whole bunch of times to wind it.
I read my manual again. I stand corrected.
Old 6 March 2017, 10:16 AM   #48
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post

And RBII is 46mm, and schumi has really dull steel, and pricing for BNIB fc 44 is 24.5, 15407 ss for 25% off and on and on. Ignore list is your friend.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 10:28 AM   #49
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
And RBII is 46mm, and schumi has really dull steel, and pricing for BNIB fc 44 is 24.5, 15407 ss for 25% off and on and on. Ignore list is your friend.
He's on mine too, but when someone quotes him, I can still see it
Manofsteelpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 10:39 AM   #50
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Lol. Don't get mad at me or say I am lying because I get better prices than u do on these watches. Actually a lot of members were very happy that I passed my AD info on to them. Though there are members on here who get better prices than me. I don't call them a liar or ridicule them for it. Kind of pathetic actually. Sounds like someone is sore.

If you want my AD, you can PM me and ask him for yourself. He's more than happy to take your money. Though by now you'd have to wait a year for the 15407 since all the other members already beat you to it.

And I never said the schumi was steel, and yea it still looks dull to me. Too much grey. If I got it, I'd switch that grey strap for a black one at least.

Lot of feed the troll going on in this thread. As you said before, ignore is your friend. Better use it .
Old 6 March 2017, 10:43 AM   #51
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

^ lol you said you were not referring any other members to him/them due to members not being serious and backing out.

Sounds like there is a lot of circular conversation here
Old 6 March 2017, 11:06 AM   #52
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmidtdmd View Post
^ lol you said you were not referring any other members to him/them due to members not being serious and backing out.

Sounds like there is a lot of circular conversation here
And that changes the prices the AD offers how exactly? Is it my fault if some people blow smoke?

Seems like there are a lot of leaps trying to be made here with these judgements. Again, if you want the name of the dealer, I'll happily give it. Just don't waste anyone's time.
Old 6 March 2017, 11:13 AM   #53
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
. Just don't waste anyone's time.
Dude...you're the ONLY one wasting people's time.

Most here have a lot more experience as a whole than you regarding AP (and AD relationships FAR deeper).

Margin is 38%...no secret. But as close to that as possible...some will buy at 0% and almost none at 38%.

This is a thread to enjoy AP watches, not to cry about pricing.

Sound good.

Great.
Old 6 March 2017, 12:03 PM   #54
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Dude...you're the ONLY one wasting people's time.

Most here have a lot more experience as a whole than you regarding AP (and AD relationships FAR deeper).

Margin is 38%...no secret. But as close to that as possible...some will buy at 0% and almost none at 38%.

This is a thread to enjoy AP watches, not to cry about pricing.

Sound good.

Great.
I realize this is a trainwreck thread at this point but is that right? Same margin as Rolex?

GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2017, 12:09 PM   #55
texex91
"TRF" Member

Technically 35 plus additional comps average 38, but can vary by AD.

Thanks.

Done with this thread.
Old 25 September 2017, 03:40 PM   #56
LAFLARE
"TRF" Member

My apologies for reviving an older thread, but is anyone hearing or receiving of discounts of the newer novelty 44mm for discounts greater than 15%?

TIA.
LAFLARE is offline   Reply With Quote