The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 April 2009, 12:24 AM   #10
jms_w
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyatc View Post
first off, the watch is real. they said they would send it overnight on a particular day. It didn't show up. I was really piss*d. I took the day off from work. They said sorry and sent it overnight that day and I got it first thing in the morning (but my plans to go out of town were shot to h#ll)
When I got it, I went to 4 different jewelers including the AD here. (to make sure it was real) The Ad noticed that there was a scratch on the crystal and some debris on the dial. (lint and maybe left over crystal that was broken?) The crystal may have been replaced. not sure. the watch was advertised as new/unused. It also came with the manual that was for a 3186 movement. It is a 3185. I've asked for the correct manual and I have yet to see it. ( they said they would send it ) The local watchmaker here cleaned up the dial. If there's dirt on the dial there might be dirt in the movement? I'm thinking about sending it in for service (it wont be to swisswrist eventhough they give a two year warranty). <Swisswrist did credit my credit card for a new crystal>. I'm looking for another watch in the meantime

Not really happy with the ordeal but I like the watch and it is within +/- 1.5 sec per day.
Now I'm wondering if the bezel is fake like JMS W sub. So I'm getting a new one from Steve Mulholland. Thanks Steve!!! Ok done venting now.
mike

It's okay to vent. I would, too, if you get something that isn't as advertised. Sorry to hear about your ordeal with them. My watch was also advertised as unused/unworn. At least you got some money back from them. I bought a bezel insert from Steve H. (great guy btw) as well, not new, but definitely authentic. Let these examples be warnings to future buyers. If buyers are willing to assume a little risk or inconvenience, swiss wrist is an option. Like I said before, maybe they buy these watches this way and just don't check everything out before selling it to the consumer. We will probably never know the truth.
jms_w is offline   Reply With Quote