The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 24 April 2011, 03:46 AM   #31
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMarcus View Post
I respectfully have to render a different opinion. IMO any GMT Pepsi is highly desirable and therefore "collectable" but not in the sense it will make you a boat load of $. But if you one can get a good deal on a pre owned model I say scoop it up, wear it and enjoy and watch it's value rise each year. Not so much the Sub LV, however, because folks that want green can get the SS Sub C LV with the maxi dial and better lume and bracelet. I know it's different but still green. The Pepsi is becoming more iconic as I type this. I had on my Pepsi when I stopped in my AD Just last week and when he noticed my watch he said every week someone comes in and asks for one and he has to tell them they were discontinued. Another AD told me a few months back he easily could sell about five Pepsis a week for several months straight if he could get them. But.....only buy what you like and will wear.
Look any 16710 GMT11 made in the last 20 odd years can be turned into a Pepsi plus any of the three inserts available for around £25-£30.And yes with the hype generated via the Internet there are some wiling to pay extra for watches with a slight movement mod.But these are not what I would call a serious watch collector.Over the past 50 odd years there has never been a Rolex watch that has been made more collectible by a serious collector just because of a slight movement mod.Just like the infamous stick dial or some call the mistake dial GMT 11, Internet hype made some pay premium prices for nothing more than just a simple font change.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 24 April 2011, 03:54 AM   #32
Rolex116520
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona & Deepsea
Too many of both references made , like most of the modern Rolex references . All being pampered , boxed , safe queened etc..
Believe me , if any of these references ever become serious collectables the chances you will see this happen in your lifetime is extremely remote .
Buy the model you like and enjoy wearing it and stop speculating on the frivolous .
Old 24 April 2011, 04:31 AM   #33
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
IMO the LV Sub.
Old 14 January 2016, 06:39 PM   #34
christian-h
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJU View Post
Collectible? Sure. For my grandkids maybe, but probably not in my lifetime.
Bump! http://www.chrono24.se/rolex/submari...-id3754447.htm

It's crazy. What's you thoughts about the prices today?
Old 17 January 2016, 05:16 PM   #35
FishCandy
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know what a coke Market Value is?
Closed Thread