The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 June 2017, 10:07 PM   #31
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I don't think it looks bad and I would not have a problem with it.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 10:09 PM   #32
rad87gn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PAM, Omega
No worries!! Looks great!! When I service my watches I request to keep the scratches on them since they have history.
Rolex P-Series SS GMT II Black, Rolex Y-Series Sea-Dweller, Rolex F-Series TT Blue Sub, Rolex F-Series Sub LV, Rolex D-Series Ladies SS/WG DJ for wife, Panerai K-Series PAM 112, Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50, Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono 2594.52
rad87gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2017, 11:39 PM   #33
Camel
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
It looks fine now - leave it.
Rolex Deepsea D-Blue Horizon 116660 "3170xxxx"
Rolex Explorer II Polar 16570 "T20xxxx"
Rolex Explorer II Black 216570 "G53xxxx"
Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 "P32xxxx"
Rolex GMT-Master II Ceramic 116710LN "V97xxxx"
Rolex Submariner 16610 "Z61xxxx"
Rolex Submariner Ceramic 116610LN "G79xxxx"
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2017, 12:18 AM   #34
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
At least you did not leave it on the top of your car, forget it was there and later drive off. Things could be a lot worse than your situation.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2017, 02:14 AM   #35
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
its been very sunny and a heatwave here in uk recently and i was admiring my blackbay as you do,and noticed the scratches across the lug from that nasty sponge is still there shining at me in the sun,for some reason i thought that went away lol,but i had forgotten about it i guess.so im going with the bar fight story if anyone looks at my watch.i like the added character dont you think it, it will look even better in 10 years of constant wear even more character and patina,well thats what i plan to do im a one watch guy at the moment but if i buy a gold day date soon (still saving up)ill only wear the gold on special occasions.and keep wearing the heck out of this tudor daily as its as true tool watch like the old rolex and tudor subs.cheers guys im off to the bar now happy days
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2017, 02:35 AM   #36
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luap1976 View Post
its been very sunny and a heatwave here in uk recently and i was admiring my blackbay as you do,and noticed the scratches across the lug from that nasty sponge is still there shining at me in the sun,for some reason i thought that went away lol,but i had forgotten about it i guess.so im going with the bar fight story if anyone looks at my watch.i like the added character dont you think it, it will look even better in 10 years of constant wear even more character and patina,well thats what i plan to do im a one watch guy at the moment but if i buy a gold day date soon (still saving up)ill only wear the gold on special occasions.and keep wearing the heck out of this tudor daily as its as true tool watch like the old rolex and tudor subs.cheers guys im off to the bar now happy days
We had a laugh, but the BB can easily take that and it looks fine, just a little love bite.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2017, 03:34 AM   #37
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
It honestly looks fine. These things Are always worse to the owner. I consider it similar to kerbing an alloy. It grates at you for a day or so, and then you forget about it. Take care of it at service time and enjoy your lovely watch mate. For sure don't get it sorted now as you will do something else before service and it could have been sorted in one go.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2017, 03:48 AM   #38
Shaky
"TRF" Member

I was going to mention about a light pass with a cape cod. Sounds like it took the edge of it for you.

The nail buffer might be a good call, as I have read on here about someone brushing PCL's out with what looked like a good result.
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2017, 05:33 AM   #39
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky View Post
I was going to mention about a light pass with a cape cod. Sounds like it took the edge of it for you.

The nail buffer might be a good call, as I have read on here about someone brushing PCL's out with what looked like a good result.
cape cod cloth was dried out completely it had been left open for ages months.i thought it helped a little untill it got sunny and then the sun revealed the scrape still shining the lug ,im happy the cloth was dead anyway as i dont like to polish watches really,but like every one says here that it looks fine so im happy it will get more scratches anyway.but like i said i will never get it polished ever im not one for polishing and refinishing it removes all the character cant wait to see how it looks in 5-10 years though guys
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote