The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 June 2017, 07:35 AM   #1
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Tudor heritage black bay bronze

Have an opportunity to pick one up. Interesting looking, great value with the in-house movement and two straps.

Anyone have any thoughts on the bronze patina? Also the leather strap is very heavy, thick and not flexible (yet). The watch did not sit very well on my wrist while trying to get the strap buckled. The canvas simply looks flimsy, so throwing it in was not a big deal.

Trying to decide if the value of the watch is outweighed by the strap comfort and the eventual look of the bronze.

Would love to hear from those that own this piece.

Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 07:51 AM   #2
iwenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smorgasbord
I've been wearing mine for almost a year now, and I have been exceedingly happy with comfort on both Tudor straps (and other natos)...the leather kind of molds to fit your wrist pretty quickly.

The patina developed really nicely and continues to do so - every time I look at older pictures I realize it just keeps changing! Also, as the patina has set in I find myself preferring different strap colors to best compliment the watch head. Regardless, though I may be biased, I think you're going to love it.

Here are some pics for patina/strap gazing...

::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 June 2017, 07:56 AM   #3
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I've been eyeing this one as well. It's unique-ness and good looks have me (somewhat) drawn in. But...I've never tried one on, so I can't be of any help with the leather strap...sorry.

I've got to think, though, that over time it would surely become more comfortable? Just a guess...
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 08:09 AM   #4
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Thanks that looks good for a year and yes I believe the strap would become more comfortable. I just question how long that might take in a rotation of watches
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 27 June 2017, 08:14 AM   #5
DramaTurtle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar Explorer
Gorgeous piece. The leather should mold to your wrist after a week of wear.
Rolex moved to its furthest point of being a tool watch. The new Sea-Dweller and Meteorite GMT seem best suited for raising PGA trophies, and that might be the closest we get to one anyway.
DramaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 07:33 PM   #6
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaTurtle View Post
Gorgeous piece. The leather should mold to your wrist after a week of wear.
Thanks, yes I guess if I worked to break it in that it would not be long.
Old 27 June 2017, 08:09 PM   #7
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
I picked one up a couple of weeks back have just worn it with the Nato I think it is a cool piece no complaints at this stage from me. If I sweat I get a lit skin marking from the bronze but that easily washes off and I suppose it is also accelerating the patina of the bronze which is great.

It is a nice colour change from my PM watches, it will be my weekend watch. Substantial weight difference to the platinum and WG. My wife did not like the leather strap so the Nato is an easy option, first time I have had a watch with such a basic and soft strap vs bracelet but the brain adjusts. But more case bulk than what I have worn for some time, which again is a nice change against more dressy daytona and DD my usual suspects.
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 08:39 PM   #8
ejvette
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: me break clays..
Great watch that lends itself very nicely to NATO straps

"The only difference between crazy and eccentric is the size of ones bank account" Anonymous

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
ejvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 09:50 PM   #9
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zama View Post
I picked one up a couple of weeks back have just worn it with the Nato I think it is a cool piece no complaints at this stage from me. If I sweat I get a lit skin marking from the bronze but that easily washes off and I suppose it is also accelerating the patina of the bronze which is great.

It is a nice colour change from my PM watches, it will be my weekend watch. Substantial weight difference to the platinum and WG. My wife did not like the leather strap so the Nato is an easy option, first time I have had a watch with such a basic and soft strap vs bracelet but the brain adjusts. But more case bulk than what I have worn for some time, which again is a nice change against more dressy daytona and DD my usual suspects.
Thanks my wife does not like the canvas strap
Old 27 June 2017, 11:17 PM   #10
robbiemarcelo2
"TRF" Member

Had mine for about 10 months now. Patina developed nicely. I didn't like the leather strap and the nato that came with it so I had a custom strap made out of old Swiss Ammo pouch.

Sent from my SM-N920K using Tapatalk
robbiemarcelo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2017, 07:39 AM   #11
Tompe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Very cool watch, and doesn't cost the earth. Hmmm think I may need one in my life also!
Tompe is offline   Reply With Quote