The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 29 June 2017, 05:15 AM   #1
DONGinsler
"TRF" Member

Took a trip to Yorkdale today to see the new Panerai boutique >>

Been 5 or so years since I've been to the mall and I only live about 1.5 miles away. Just nothing I really need there that I can't order off the Internet.

However if I want to view watches in person. It's a trip to the mall

Last time was when the Cartier boutique opened and I wanted to view the Santos 100 XL models. Quite nice, but sort of like the phase jumbo shrimp. XL was only 38 mm, but a walk around and to check out the rest of the mall

I was waiting for the new LeCoultre boutique to open, but it was attached to a store which seemed to look down their noses at you if your not dressed a certain way

I dress very casual to test reception. Sweat pants, black casual shirt and white sneakers

Last time at the store. Salesclerk followed me around like I was going to do a smash and grab. Not a good morning, hello etc. Guess if they ignored me I would go away.

So. No JLC look today

Went back to the Cartier store. Looked around at a number of new models. Including the drive. Nice size. Bigger than the Santos. As I'm not buying. I never ask any sales people to pull out watches. If they want to chat. I don't mind. Had a good watch chat with the Asst. Manager Caroline. Very friendly person. Must have been a good 20 minute chat.

Around the corner. Made my way to the Panerai Boutiqe. Nicely laid out. Excellent model selection from the new 1005 base model, Due etc.

They did have both Radiomir PAM685 PAM687 models in stock, so if your looking. Now you know where one is. I comment on the model and the sales clerk took it out to show me. Very nice piece, but didn't ask price.

Base model I think was mentioned at $4500

What I really wanted was the large sized model pig they had on the display. Not the dinky 12" one. The big maybe 30" with detail. That and the big wall display clock.

Umair Sheikh is the manage and also had a nice chat with him and the sales clerk, but she didn't have a card.

Next was the Vacheron store around the corner. Just opened (along with Piaget, Panerai and IWC). Exellent variety of models from the simple Patrimony to the higher end Tourbillon and Artisan designs (one actually). I was always more attracted to the Traditionnelle model and Toledo models.

Again. Pleasant experience. Manager Said Matuk was gracious and pleasant to chat with.

I bypassed the Piaget as I find their watches to be just to plain - sorry guys

Last was the IWC boutique. Good model selection. Didn't really have much of a chat with the manager Peter Li as there was a small electrical problem he was dealing with, but had a small one. Pleasant person.

All 4 boutiques have an open door concept. As they're all owned by Richmont. You can walk through all 4 stores without having to walk out into the mall. However I did as I didn't want to walk through the Piaget store.

The stores are not huge compared to maybe some other of the same name boutiques, but I guess it's about how much space you can get or want to pay for.

Panerai seem to be the larger of the 3 I was in. IWC just seemed to be the smallest. Maybe because the chairs and coffee table in trying to create a club feeling just made the room feel smaller than it is and more cramped.

All 3 said they've sold watches, so that's good. Cartier still there after 5 years, so obviously doing OK

Also walked into the Van Cleef and Arpels for a quick peek. Very nice jewelry watches, but as shown in Watchtime. Always marked POR while others listed prices. Guess if you have to ask.

If your in the GTA. Check out the stores. Maybe in another few years. Might make another trek out there

DON
DONGinsler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 09:29 AM   #2
nick c
Banned

I was there last week it's all good thanks for sharing
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 03:43 PM   #3
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the write-up!

I laughed about the fact that you made an effort to leave the stores in order to avoid Piaget. I would also do just about anything to avoid having to look at a Polo S.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 03:52 PM   #4
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Sounds like a fun "toy store" to visit!
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2017, 03:56 AM   #5
boxterduke
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM422
on nice it opened? last time I was at yorkdale was Victoria day and it was not opened yet. I gotta put on my 422 and go for a visit hehe
boxterduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2017, 07:17 AM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Hi Don,

Thanks for the heads up on the Panerai boutique. Hoping to get down there soon for a visit
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote