The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 12 January 2016, 06:39 AM   #1
Spirtnoye
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
160X with president bracelet.

Does anyone wear their 160X with a president bracelet? I've been looking into an 1803 for my next watch and I've been wondering if the president bracelet will be something I'll like. I can pick up an aftermarket one and wear it around as a trial, but I figured I'd come to the community for a photo of theirs, if anyone wants to share. I think that since the 1603 is the same size, it'll give me an idea as to how an 1803 would look and feel.
Spirtnoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2016, 07:05 AM   #2
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

An 1803 is much heavier than a 1603 due to the gold frame. It will also be thicker (depth-wise)... If you are happy with a 1603, you will swoon for a 1803... I assume you are speaking about a White Gold model?
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2016, 07:58 AM   #3
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
why not go try on an 1803? that is the best way to know.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2016, 11:36 AM   #4
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

many have president bracelets although they should not technically, it will fit and would really on suit a solid gold datejust
Old 12 January 2016, 06:48 PM   #5
Spirtnoye
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Trying one on is ideal, but I'll have to dig around and see if there's a place that's got one I can try on. I figured it would be a bit heavier due to the difference in construction and movement, but the size of a 36mm watch just catches my eye. Not saying a 40mm sub isn't a gorgeous piece - it is and someday, I might snag one - but the elegance of an 1803 is just timeless. White gold? Perhaps. The yellow gold has been catching my eye lately, as much as it may cause some of you to turn away. Gold is probably an acquired taste, as it's flashy and stands out. If this is the case though, what better way to try it out than with an 1803? I'll try both to see if a yellow gold really is what I'm after. A friend of mine pointed out that the market for white gold is higher than yellow at the moment, so a try-on is absolutely necessary.

I know the 1603 is wrong with a president bracelet, and I've got a 6251H on my 1603 right now, as I try to keep it period-correct...I just wondered what the general look would be like. I might pick up an aftermarket just to help preserve the 6251H as it's already got some decent amount of stretch.

All in all, thanks for the input, folks. This is why I keep coming back for advice and, of course, the photos!
Spirtnoye is offline   Reply With Quote