The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 12 April 2017, 03:10 AM   #1
HKTlovewatch
Banned

Icon2 Albert Gregg Scam scam rolex

The first, i'm so sorry mod, i dont know where can i post it. And sory i write english not good
I'm very so sad now, when i make thread, i know i will lost my money.
But i still want make thread to report to everybody never like me.
Before 1 week i make deal with seller Albertgregg about rolex 116710
At 5700$

I paid 5700$ but when i make wire already , he said me wrong account number, and i 'm so stupid i make wire again for him. But now he said me, he dont received wire, and now i know he scam me.
The first i thinking, i will do not report because i hope , he will give my money back, but when i thinking again, i can't do that, if i do that he will scam many people like me.

Here is his infor

Bank Name: PNC Bank
Account Name: Serenity senior daycare LLC
Account Number: 0217141710
Routine: 062000019
Bank Address: 1900 fifth Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203
Business Address: 1111 E I-65 Service RdS STE C Mobile, Al. 36606
Swift Code: UPNBUS44

Best Regards,
Albert Gregg.
Owner.
Serenity senior daycare LLC
+1 (574) 244-0782

Sent from my iPad

He has two cell phone and this number when he call me after make wire

+1 (404) 975-0593

I hope, mod or somnody can help me, because i'm not usa region

I'm very so sad now.
HKTlovewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 03:15 AM   #2
HKTlovewatch
Banned

He has scam me total 11.000$
I call him during last week, but he dont accept my calling. I can't report police or something because i dont live in us. I hope mod and admin can do something about for me and sombody has been scam by him . I'm really really sad now
HKTlovewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 04:23 AM   #3
omitohud
"TRF" Member

I'm sorry to hear that. Regardless, people like this need to be exposed. I hope he makes you right. If not, you can contact local lawyer to represent you to try to get your money back. You have to pay legal fees but it's probably worth it considering the amount at stake. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

I blame it on the autoconnect.
omitohud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 06:21 AM   #4
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Watch: AKA: ANDERL712000
Very sorry to hear and unfortunately not much can be done.
May try Interpol website and report there,
Or hire a local lawyer which may be your best option.

Hans Wilsdorf, Rolex founder
AbsolutelyROLEX! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 06:36 AM   #5
cbqcoupon
"TRF" Member

im very sorry to hear this. i hope he get caught
cbqcoupon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 08:42 AM   #6
sda619
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMT II
sorry to hear that what was his name on TRF? I think i saw him post some shady stuff on here before...
sda619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 09:11 AM   #7
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Well the business is real and the address is correct. The website lists another person as the "co-owner" but he isn't listed on the site. Area codes for the phone numbers are Indiana and Atlanta... I'm sorry to hear this. I hope there is a good outcome for you.
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 09:18 AM   #8
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
He was banned from TRF on April 8.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 09:19 AM   #9
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Terrible news OP. Did you check references? Looks like someone that wasn't here for long.
Best of luck getting your money back.
Old 12 April 2017, 09:23 AM   #10
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Sorry to hear about this. Best of Luck in the future and I hope you get you money back.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 12:40 PM   #11
epc2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,Pam etc.
Albert Gregg is a a scammer , I'm sure that's not his real name and he just stole someone else's identity, he said he's from Alabama and there is at least one person from Alabama with that name but is an 83yrs old man.

I talked to the owner of Serenity Daycare and she said that money was taken out of her account and she was going to file a police report so looks like this guy had all the info and access to Serenity's account and scammed them also, at least that's the impression I got when I talked to the manager and owner of the Daycare.

Yes I was scammed also , I didn't want to post any info until I got as much info as possible but this thief needs to get caught, he provided references which obviously were fake emails and a link to timetechtalk whick was fake ,I talked to Oscar the owner of that website and he found out that the account that left feedback for him was from an IP address located in Nigeria and that there was no ad to support that feedback, I feel angry and stupid at the same time ,I've bought from the trusted sellers here w/o any issues and don't know how I fell in this trap , guy was so convincing with the daycare story, link to a feedback reference , emails etc, moral of the story never ever buy from someone w/o feedback here or solid references from the trusted sellers, I mean I have no feedback here because I'm fairly new to this website but have bought from the trusted sellers who can vouch for me and have 100% eBay feedback etc, I just thought well he can just be a new guy etc., but he's just a scammer.

I feel your pain , he supposedly sold me a 114060 and when he posted the ad for the Batman is when I started to get worried looking at the pics he posted I asked him for a pic of the dial and he sent one with a total different serial # , of course I started asking for specifics pics and he just stopped responding my emails.

I just hope we can get this bastard, the phone # he provided is from IN , but I'm sure that's a virtual # or a disposable phone , these scammers know how to do this so we need to take as much precautions as possible.
epc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 12:48 PM   #12
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
This sucks. Hate scammers.
Feel really bad for both of you.
I got scammed way back when eBay first started. A hacker friend tracked the guy down and I took a couple of associates to visit the guy in Miami and got some of my money back.
Good tech guys can track this kind of thing well if you know someone with the skill set.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 12:52 PM   #13
epc2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
This sucks. Hate scammers.
Feel really bad for both of you.
I got scammed way back when eBay first started. A hacker friend tracked the guy down and I took a couple of associates to visit the guy in Miami and got some of my money back.
Good tech guys can track this kind of thing well if you know someone with the skill set.
Yeah that's what I think ,maybe somebody can track the IP addrees of his email or a mod here can check the IP address of his account, we need to get these scammers.

Just in case someone can track these emails, these are the references he sent:

Here you go buddy
They all can attest to successful transactions with me

http://www.timetechtalk.com/forum35/28559.html

Tomvia Deans
tomviadeans40@gmail.com
Sold Rolex vintage sub 5513 (may 2016)

Brown,
tbrown859@yahoo.com
Sold Rolex 116710 BLNR in November 2016

Steven Schuetter
sdschueter@gmail.com
Sold citizen to him in feb 2

Best Regards,
Albert Gregg.
Owner.

Sent from my iPad
Old 12 April 2017, 02:37 PM   #14
cvera
"TRF" Member

Thanks for posting to let everyone know and I can't imagine how the affected feel.

I hope it works out for all of the affected soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 03:28 PM   #15
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Terrible
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 03:34 PM   #16
michael067
Banned

Watch: TT DJ 16233
michael067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 03:35 PM   #17
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post
Yeah that's what I think ,maybe somebody can track the IP addrees of his email or a mod here can check the IP address of his account, we need to get these scammers.

Just in case someone can track these emails, these are the references he sent:

Here you go buddy
They all can attest to successful transactions with me

http://www.timetechtalk.com/forum35/28559.html

Tomvia Deans
tomviadeans40@gmail.com
Sold Rolex vintage sub 5513 (may 2016)

Brown,
tbrown859@yahoo.com
Sold Rolex 116710 BLNR in November 2016

Steven Schuetter
sdschueter@gmail.com
Sold citizen to him in feb 2

Best Regards,
Albert Gregg.
Owner.

Sent from my iPad
I haven't checked them all but he seems to have used a different IP every time he posted. He signed up with 207.244.78.50
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2017, 12:34 AM   #18
SWISSAHOLICS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I really feel bad for both of you. I had an encounter with him as well but did not make any transactions with him. Albert Gregg posted a BLNR last week for $7200 and I was curious to get more info as to why the watch was selling well below the norm here on TRF. So I contacted him recently before he was banned via email and he was quick to reply back about the info on the watch and photos. Here are some things that raised a red flag for me and I immediately stopped communicating with him:

1. I responded to his email by asking him if he would take $6500 because I was on a budget. He responded back within 5 minutes stating that if I were to do it right now, he will take $6500. That's a red flag....a $700 price drop.

2. I did some homework on him online under his alias and found nothing. I looked up the website Serenity Day Care and it was a legitimate business; however I did not see his name anywhere on the board members especially because his email specified that he was the owner of the day care. Red flag again!!

3. I called the day care and inquired about him and they said no one by that name is associated with this day care. That's when I knew 100% that this was a scam.

I am hoping the outcome will be positive for both of you. But remember to always buy the seller first. Do enough background checks if you must buy from a new seller and you can never be too sure. It's scary out there and it seems like it's getting easier for these guys. If someone can drop the price by $700 and that too on a BLNR to make a sale, chances are it's too good to be true.

Be safe out there guys!!

"The one thing I fear most is time; time waits for no one and leaves no options."
SWISSAHOLICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2017, 02:57 PM   #19
armen34
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWISSAHOLICS View Post
I really feel bad for both of you. I had an encounter with him as well but did not make any transactions with him. Albert Gregg posted a BLNR last week for $7200 and I was curious to get more info as to why the watch was selling well below the norm here on TRF. So I contacted him recently before he was banned via email and he was quick to reply back about the info on the watch and photos. Here are some things that raised a red flag for me and I immediately stopped communicating with him:

1. I responded to his email by asking him if he would take $6500 because I was on a budget. He responded back within 5 minutes stating that if I were to do it right now, he will take $6500. That's a red flag....a $700 price drop.

2. I did some homework on him online under his alias and found nothing. I looked up the website Serenity Day Care and it was a legitimate business; however I did not see his name anywhere on the board members especially because his email specified that he was the owner of the day care. Red flag again!!

3. I called the day care and inquired about him and they said no one by that name is associated with this day care. That's when I knew 100% that this was a scam.

I am hoping the outcome will be positive for both of you. But remember to always buy the seller first. Do enough background checks if you must buy from a new seller and you can never be too sure. It's scary out there and it seems like it's getting easier for these guys. If someone can drop the price by $700 and that too on a BLNR to make a sale, chances are it's too good to be true.

Be safe out there guys!!

Excellent point! We all need to do our due diligence on the sellers to make sure they are who they say they are before we wire money to a scum bag scammer.
armen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2017, 06:16 PM   #20
Bob the brush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016 Explorer.
The man's a cad and à bounder. Hope he gets his comeuppance. Due diligence folks, due diligence.
Bob the brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2017, 06:50 PM   #21
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

To the people who spoke with him... did he have an American accent? Just wondering
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 06:50 AM   #22
epc2
"TRF" Member

Hi Guys,

Something that catched my attention after reading again the OP post again:

I compared the account details the scammer sent to him with what he sent me and the account #'s are the same , same address but different banks and routines/swift codes.

How can both bank have the same address and same account #'s are scammers getting so good at this ?, something is strange here, what do you guys think? , I'm no expert on this kind of things but don't understand how can a wire go through with errors on the details unless the Daycare really has two accounts in both banks, but same #, Same address?, I checked the address on Google maps and actually it's a Regions Bank but no PNC.

Here's what he sent me:

Awesome, see account details below:

Bank Name: Regions Bank
Account Name: Serenity senior daycare llc
Routine: 062005690
Swift Code:UPNBUS44

Let me know when wire is complete.

Thanks again,
Albert Gregg.
Owner.
Old 17 April 2017, 07:58 AM   #23
Olgito
"TRF" Member

Maybe he did some copy paste and forgot to delete or change the written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post
Hi Guys,

Something that catched my attention after reading again the OP post again:

I compared the account details the scammer sent to him with what he sent me and the account #'s are the same , same address but different banks and routines/swift codes.

How can both bank have the same address and same account #'s are scammers getting so good at this ?, something is strange here, what do you guys think? , I'm no expert on this kind of things but don't understand how can a wire go through with errors on the details unless the Daycare really has two accounts in both banks, but same #, Same address?, I checked the address on Google maps and actually it's a Regions Bank but no PNC.

Here's what he sent me:

Awesome, see account details below:

Bank Name: Regions Bank
Account Name: Serenity senior daycare llc
Routine: 062005690
Swift Code:UPNBUS44

Let me know when wire is complete.

Thanks again,
Albert Gregg.
Owner.
Olgito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 08:04 AM   #24
epc2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olgito View Post
Maybe he did some copy paste and forgot to delete or change the written.
Yes that might be a possibility but if the Bank address or swift # is not right wire shouldn't go through.

The address he sent me is really a Regions Bank branch.
Old 17 April 2017, 08:08 AM   #25
Olgito
"TRF" Member

What i don't get is; how does he have an access to have the money from the company's account?

What if he made you send the money to the day care and told them that he wanted to buy the watch for himself like he did send the money to their account?

He can say, he owns money from a friend and will send it to their account to buy a watch if they know eachother well.

Owner of the company doesn't have to tell the truth to anyone. I'm not blaming anyone but this may happen.
Olgito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 08:15 AM   #26
epc2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgito View Post
what i don't get is; how does he have an access to have the money from the company's account?

What if he made you send the money to the day care and told them that he wanted to buy the watch for himself like he did send the money to their account?

He can say, he owns money from a friend and will send it to their account to buy a watch if they know eachother well.

Owner of the company doesn't have to tell the truth to anyone. I'm not blaming anyone but this may happen.
+1.
Old 17 April 2017, 02:13 PM   #27
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
This is really bad. But it's avoidable by doing some serious due diligence about whom you're dealing with.

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 04:18 PM   #28
amg55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
With all the scammers getting better and better at their craft, I think I will buy from an AD in the future. It's really frightening to read stories like these and I'm sure most on here are quite technically savvy.
amg55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2017, 04:11 AM   #29
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55 View Post
With all the scammers getting better and better at their craft, I think I will buy from an AD in the future. It's really frightening to read stories like these and I'm sure most on here are quite technically savvy.

Yes, but what about vintage or other non-new buys?

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2017, 09:26 AM   #30
amg55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Yes, but what about vintage or other non-new buys?
That's a fair point. I'm not a vintage or collector kinda guy so it won't affect me. I've bought several watches from overseas over the years and I have to say that each time I just pray that nothing goes wrong, knowing that there's always a chance that something may. I really feel for the OP.
amg55 is offline   Reply With Quote