The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 24 June 2017, 12:56 PM   #31
watchyou
"TRF" Member

Very hard to come by, this faded Blue jean baby pink Mega FF insert went to a new home already, the offer was too difficult to refuse.
watchyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2017, 01:56 PM   #32
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Hey JP,

It's nice to hear that you've been reunited with an old friend. It's a beauty! Since we're all posting pics of our great GMTs, here's mine:

Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2017, 03:21 PM   #33
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Hey JP,

It's nice to hear that you've been reunited with an old friend. It's a beauty! Since we're all posting pics of our great GMTs, here's mine:

That is a great Mark I GMT Wesley!!! I remember it well.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2017, 05:56 PM   #34
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Has anyone noticed all the mk1's out there, or is it because I've just got one I'm more alert?
Old 24 June 2017, 08:47 PM   #35
1675-David
"TRF" Member

I joined this forum specifically to learn more about the 1675, I was looking at a Radial being sold by Steve Mulholland (remember him?) and had some questions, so I turned to this place and received a lot of help and support, needless to say I didn’t buy Steves watch after so many issues were revealed by the experts on this board. After a long hunt I settle for a very sharp 1970 1675 in original condition with a slightly sloppy 7836 strap, the strap was subsequently sent tho Hong Kong for the Micheal Young (who I found through this forum) treatment and came back like new. I bought this watch from Alex Collector from San Francisco, also found here and it took nearly a week to get to Stockholm. I was like a child when it arrived, on opening the box I discovered a gorgeous example of a reference I’d been pining after for years which was running and showing the correct local time… I was sold!
A couple of years later during a visit to Milan I’m on my way back to my hotel, it’s pouring with rain and I’m kind of lost so I ask a guy on the street for directions. He looked a bit concerned because it was late, very late and when he looked at his watch I saw a gorgeous 1675, I was a bit drunk and I suspect he was too but we had a moment of inebriated reverence as we compared watches. Some one had the bright idea of comparing serial numbers and with the help of a toothpick from my new friends swiss army knife we got the bracelets off to discover the were close but not extraordinarily so. He helped me get a taxi and shook hands in departure, in the morning I was so relieved to find the watch on my wrist was in fact mine, with my bracelet installed albeit with one springbar not properly located, sticking out of the end link on the back side.

I picked up a 7602 bracelet on a open market i Seoul, it was cheap and in very good condition but I suspect its aftermarket/fake or at least a bunch of parts but I like the look and it’s very comfortable. I later added an insert which reflected the watches character better. It turned up unexpectantly on a local auction site and I snapped it up at an embarrassingly comfortable price level.

I was married in this watch and watched my children being born in this watch and if the shit really hits the fan I can I would consider selling a kidney before selling this watch (just kidding but nearly)

1675-David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 02:39 AM   #36
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
Has anyone noticed all the mk1's out there, or is it because I've just got one I'm more alert?
The Mark I was the longest running dial found on the GMT 1675 after the gilts were discontinued therefore it would be the most common dial. It is also the dial most commonly replaced with a service dial or one of the later GMT dials.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 04:32 AM   #37
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Hey JP,

FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 04:58 AM   #38
1675-David
"TRF" Member

so many gorgeous pieces in this thread I'm going to have to bookmark it...
1675-David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 08:40 AM   #39
Recaro18
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16520
Mine is looking for a new owner... sky blue and raspberry red?

~Connecting people through my passion, one timepiece at a time~
Recaro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 01:37 PM   #40
Nikita70
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1675-David View Post
I joined this forum specifically to learn more about the 1675, I was looking at a Radial being sold by Steve Mulholland (remember him?) and had some questions, so I turned to this place and received a lot of help and support, needless to say I didn’t buy Steves watch after so many issues were revealed by the experts on this board. After a long hunt I settle for a very sharp 1970 1675 in original condition with a slightly sloppy 7836 strap, the strap was subsequently sent tho Hong Kong for the Micheal Young (who I found through this forum) treatment and came back like new. I bought this watch from Alex Collector from San Francisco, also found here and it took nearly a week to get to Stockholm. I was like a child when it arrived, on opening the box I discovered a gorgeous example of a reference I’d been pining after for years which was running and showing the correct local time… I was sold!
A couple of years later during a visit to Milan I’m on my way back to my hotel, it’s pouring with rain and I’m kind of lost so I ask a guy on the street for directions. He looked a bit concerned because it was late, very late and when he looked at his watch I saw a gorgeous 1675, I was a bit drunk and I suspect he was too but we had a moment of inebriated reverence as we compared watches. Some one had the bright idea of comparing serial numbers and with the help of a toothpick from my new friends swiss army knife we got the bracelets off to discover the were close but not extraordinarily so. He helped me get a taxi and shook hands in departure, in the morning I was so relieved to find the watch on my wrist was in fact mine, with my bracelet installed albeit with one springbar not properly located, sticking out of the end link on the back side.

I picked up a 7602 bracelet on a open market i Seoul, it was cheap and in very good condition but I suspect its aftermarket/fake or at least a bunch of parts but I like the look and it’s very comfortable. I later added an insert which reflected the watches character better. It turned up unexpectantly on a local auction site and I snapped it up at an embarrassingly comfortable price level.

I was married in this watch and watched my children being born in this watch and if the shit really hits the fan I can I would consider selling a kidney before selling this watch (just kidding but nearly)

Gorgeous insert and watch. I'd like to get a 1675 someday.
Nikita70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2017, 01:39 PM   #41
Motomike
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513, 1016
Congrat's on getting the watch back John. I am sure enjoying this one I got from you and as others have already said thanks for always sharing your knowledge with all of us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (125.4 KB, 75 views)
Motomike is offline   Reply With Quote