The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 June 2017, 04:43 PM   #31
oldsalt
"TRF" Member

Watch: ?????
I'd already bought a BLNR from an AD on Maui HI... walked into the same dealer about six months later (on another holiday) - bought some jewellery for my wife...and nearing the end of the transaction the lovely saleslady produced the Daytona (still in it's plastic coffin) from a drawer and offered me first refusal... I grabbed it with both hands... so I was "in the right place at the right time" plus I had established a rapport with the AD... this particular AD doesn't have a waiting list - they sell as the stock arrives... anyway that's my tale of purchasing my Daytona... and I had been told that I couldn't even get on the waiting list in Melbourne Australia as "it was full up"...needless to say they got quite a shock when I walked in wearing my new watch a few weeks later !!!!

cheers
Old 28 June 2017, 05:25 PM   #32
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fensterdub View Post
Hi fellas,

I decided to join the waiting list for a new Daytona Ceramic black dial.

I'm not in any real rush to get it, so when I heard it would be next year at the latest I was fine with that.

My AD said that in reality it would more than likely be this side of Christmas depending on cancelations or surprise allocations.

So how long have TRF DaytonaC owners had to wait for theirs? Also what country did you buy yours in?

Waiting list time ?

I honestly wouldn't wait 8 yrs were will the list price be by then , Myself id pay a premium now to get one if I wanted one badly enough .
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2017, 06:00 PM   #33
NeoXerxes
"TRF" Member

For the white dial, I've been told at least 5 years + from multiple AD's, and most of those waiting lists are 100% closed.
NeoXerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2017, 07:02 PM   #34
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Took me a year to get the white one from my AD. I got the black one last June so that one was super quick after Basel. It all depends on your relationship with your AD. No AD is the same and no client is the same so clearly it varies.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 02:53 AM   #35
Fensterdub
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post
I'd already bought a BLNR from an AD on Maui HI... walked into the same dealer about six months later (on another holiday) - bought some jewellery for my wife...and nearing the end of the transaction the lovely saleslady produced the Daytona (still in it's plastic coffin) from a drawer and offered me first refusal... I grabbed it with both hands... so I was "in the right place at the right time" plus I had established a rapport with the AD... this particular AD doesn't have a waiting list - they sell as the stock arrives... anyway that's my tale of purchasing my Daytona... and I had been told that I couldn't even get on the waiting list in Melbourne Australia as "it was full up"...needless to say they got quite a shock when I walked in wearing my new watch a few weeks later !!!!

cheers
Rolex GMT-Master II 126715CHNR
Franck Müller Reference 8080 CC AT VAL
Fensterdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 03:12 AM   #36
RJ_88
"TRF" Member

In the UK theres a 10 year waiting list. Im on the one in Geneva which is approx 18 month waiting list.
RJ_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 08:11 AM   #37
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_88 View Post
In the UK theres a 10 year waiting list. Im on the one in Geneva which is approx 18 month waiting list.
Nah...18 months tops.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 08:30 AM   #38
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
For the white dial, I've been told at least 5 years + from multiple AD's, and most of those waiting lists are 100% closed.
Unfortunately that's just because they don't want to be bothered with you..

They aren't going to sell you the watch instead of a previous customer and they don't want you lingering about bothering them about it all the time...

So they tell you five years to move you along on this particular watch...

Some dealers don't play this game...that's who you need to find and do business with them for sure.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 08:35 AM   #39
speedmaster73
Banned

bottomline. many wait....get..sell...too small....

the ONLY reason for the wait list is not lust its people wanting to buy and than sell....

Im so over the daytona fake hype
speedmaster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 08:48 AM   #40
Jimbogigolo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona W&B
Same day. I just got lucky...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jimbogigolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 09:00 AM   #41
ITony
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, DJ, WWW
I went by a couple of ADs that I have done business with. Both were real quick on telling me that it was going to be impossible to get anything until after Christmas. Interesting that both also told me that they had plenty of the BLNR for sale and asked if I wanted one.
ITony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 09:02 AM   #42
MCO1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C white
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsalt View Post

cheers
Great story! Sometimes it is just being in the right place at the right time.
MCO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 03:49 PM   #43
cbgggg
"TRF" Member

White Dial or Black--which is harder to get

Which dial is harder to get? Thank you.
cbgggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 05:56 PM   #44
sager
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgggg View Post
Which dial is harder to get? Thank you.

I could be wrong but I would assume the white is harder. White Daytonas have always been the harder to obtain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 04:03 AM   #45
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Entirely too long. I think it can have a souring effect on the brand.
Old 30 June 2017, 05:48 AM   #46
NeoXerxes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Unfortunately that's just because they don't want to be bothered with you..

They aren't going to sell you the watch instead of a previous customer and they don't want you lingering about bothering them about it all the time...

So they tell you five years to move you along on this particular watch...

Some dealers don't play this game...that's who you need to find and do business with them for sure.
This a distinct possibility, but a few have taken the time to explain to me the number of watches that they receive every year compared with the number of customers on the waitlist. I find the explanation to be credible based on what I've read here about limited supply.

In the end I did manage to convince an AD to get me on the list with a relatively solid estimated arrival date, though it did take a rather large deposit. I imagine that it also helped that this particular AD isn't as well known as some of the others.
NeoXerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 06:13 AM   #47
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Google the Scarcity Principle. This is based on well-studied sociological behavior. The scarcer something is, the more people want it. Can't blame Rolex for using this principle to elevate their brand to a more exclusive level on the luxury ladder.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote