The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 January 2018, 05:29 AM   #1
coolaking
"TRF" Member

Black to White Daytona ratio

Looking in usual for sale areas - ebay, chrono24 etc. I notice a ratio of at least 2 black Daytona’s to every 1 white is this because there are more black Daytona’s and white are rarer or that white holders keep hold of their watches and don’t flip as often?
coolaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2018, 05:38 AM   #2
rossi46
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16570
Nobody knows how many white or black dial Daytonas Rolex produces. Anybody that claims Rolex makes one more than the other is just guessing.

White dials sell for more, and there may be less listed because they're flipped less often. Both may be because more people prefer the white. I would not try to infer anything having to do with production numbers based on how many you see listed for sale.

Anecdotally, I'd say I see more white dials owned here on the forum. I prefer black and am glad they sell for less - it saved me a few bucks when I bought mine!
Old 25 January 2018, 06:26 AM   #3
coolaking
"TRF" Member

Yes I agree that nobody really knows - I get the feeling there are less white as I have seen 3 black in my AD when picking up other pieces (shown to me but already taken)
coolaking is offline   Reply With Quote