The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 15 May 2019, 02:53 AM   #91
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post

Then to kill Varys for telling secrets that weren't secret after all he's gotten away with and orchestrated completely rang hollow for me.

Whatever, I'll be watching next week but I'm no longer sad about the end, it's time for it to go. Not sure who's writing the prequels but thy had better be closer to GRRM then D&D!!!
I thought he actually killed for plotting to poison Danaerys using the little bird in the opening scene.

Curious to see who those his earlier letters written actually got too.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 02:57 AM   #92
wantonebad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
I thought he actually killed for trying to poison Danaerys using the little bird in the opening scene.

Yeah, he was trying to poison her but no one knew that, Dany just took Tyrion's confession as reason enough to convict him of betrayal.

Quote:
Normally I'd agree and say that was a juicy tid-bit, but is it? Who's left to care, or do anything about it? I guess we'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong.
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 03:01 AM   #93
Thug
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
Gendry and Aria on the throne at the end. Legitimized heir, linking the north and the south, what could go wrong? A blacksmith and an assassin on the throne. Probably better than what’s been there for the last few decades.
I’m not sure how you can think this when since the beginning in season 1 Arya has never wanted to be the queen/ruler. Even the previous episode where gendry asked her to marry to be the rulers of storms end she flat out says that’s not her style.
Thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 03:07 AM   #94
RobearH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post
I’m not sure how you can think this when since the beginning in season 1 Arya has never wanted to be the queen/ruler. Even the previous episode where gendry asked her to marry to be the rulers of storms end she flat out says that’s not her style.
Arya will kill Danaerys (she has green eyes) for what she witnessed at Kings Landing.

Maybe after taking the face of Gray Worm...a girl has no name.

Sansa will sit on the Iron Throne with Tyrion (who now has blood on his hands) as her hand. Or something else...aren't they also technically still married.

John will go back to the North.
Old 15 May 2019, 03:12 AM   #95
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thug View Post

I don’t really.
Though I do wonder if Arya was riding out for home or riding away refocused on a new target. Probably the latter. Dani cooked the nice lady that had helped her for no reason. Cersei was going to die one way or the other so she took The Hound’s advice to leave, but now she has a new name on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 04:58 AM   #96
SearChart
TechXpert

Last episode was pretty lit.

Quote:
Arya will kill Danaerys (she has green eyes) for what she witnessed at Kings Landing.

Sansa will sit on the Iron Throne with Tyrion (who now has blood on his hands) as her hand. Or something else...aren't they also technically still married.

Well I think this would be a good end to the show, crazies gone, death army gone, good guys rule everyone happy (who is still alive, that is)
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 05:18 AM   #97
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 05:39 AM   #98
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Me too. Except, as I state above, I think Jon is going to do it.

It goes with his characters plight to do what is right at all costs. If Arya does it, it is expected and easy. Its her character.

In order to make it dramatic, it'll be Jon.

Happy to place a fiver with anyone that wants to bet????

Any takes???

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 05:47 AM   #99
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

They've jammed a lot in 7 weeks. Historically what has transpired would typically be a whole season to two. Dany's character arcs in 7 weeks after how many years? Seriously? Seems like sloppy or not well thought out plots, kind of rushed.

Regardless, I have thoroughly been enjoying it, edge of your eat moments for sure. Cersei deserved far worse, but then again there are no guarantees of justice as we witnessed for years. The white horse is clearly death, and Aria is appropriately taking the ride. We'll see where it takes her. As for Jon Snow, he should have a more prevalent role in the finale.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 06:02 AM   #100
tie219
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMT, BBR
I enjoyed the season so far as it's been entertaining but the writing has been sub-par overall, imo.

For one, they completely botched Jamie Lannister's character arc. Why have him go from bad to good and then back to bad again as he dies with Cersei?

Also it didn't make sense that Dany would go and burn innocent people in the city. Yes, she's given harsh punishments in the past but killing innocent people really went over the line for her character.

I'm interested to see where the last episode goes. I don't have high expectations, I feel as though it will be disappointing.
tie219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 06:39 AM   #101
2ltdjorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
I think Aaron Rodgers will take the throne.

First GTG El Paso Nov 2016, WISCON 2019.

Would rather be on the river, somewhere.
2ltdjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 06:42 AM   #102
RobearH
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ltdjorn View Post
I think Aaron Rodgers will take the throne.
He does already has the Goth Queen of Nascar.
Old 15 May 2019, 07:09 AM   #103
Nrmsu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
I know that there is a lot of hate for season 8, but I have enjoyed the entire ride. Game of Thrones never took the conventional path, and that goes for plot lines, character arcs, and the rest. Yes it felt rushed and that's to be expected when you have to deal with the Night King and Cersei in 6 episodes. People disappointed that Cersei died by a "buncha rocks" doesn't make sense to me. She died in the hands of Jaime under where it all started, by the hands of a new queen just like the prophecies foretold and to me it was the right way to go out. Jaime's arc was disrupted by going back to Cersei and I think this sends a message that love overpowers all other human emotion and no matter how far we have gone redeeming for our mistakes, our primal thirsts always linger. With Dany, I felt that she had no other choice but to burn KL. She realizes the lack of support she has in Westeros, her advisers dead or have betrayed her, the love of her life shuns her and is a threat to her throne. She lost everything, and the only path she has now is to rule by fear.

I think the finale is set up for Danaerys's demise. Dany will seem to have won, give her big speech and whatnot, and then we'll see the big boys of the rest of the Seven Kingdoms show up to KL after learning of Jon's identity via Varys and demands she step down. Then she will refuse and somehow Arya (most likely) or Jon will kill her. Don't know how Drogon will take that but since Jon's a Targaryen maybe he will obey Jon. Hopefully Jon takes the throne or I can see Sansa taking it as well. Small chance that Sansa and Tyrion become romantic again but it wouldn't be the worst thing! I just want a happy ending for the Stark kids lol.
Nrmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 07:48 AM   #104
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrmsu View Post
I know that there is a lot of hate for season 8, but I have enjoyed the entire ride. Game of Thrones never took the conventional path, and that goes for plot lines, character arcs, and the rest. Yes it felt rushed and that's to be expected when you have to deal with the Night King and Cersei in 6 episodes. People disappointed that Cersei died by a "buncha rocks" doesn't make sense to me. She died in the hands of Jaime under where it all started, by the hands of a new queen just like the prophecies foretold and to me it was the right way to go out. Jaime's arc was disrupted by going back to Cersei and I think this sends a message that love overpowers all other human emotion and no matter how far we have gone redeeming for our mistakes, our primal thirsts always linger. With Dany, I felt that she had no other choice but to burn KL. She realizes the lack of support she has in Westeros, her advisers dead or have betrayed her, the love of her life shuns her and is a threat to her throne. She lost everything, and the only path she has now is to rule by fear.

I think the finale is set up for Danaerys's demise. Dany will seem to have won, give her big speech and whatnot, and then we'll see the big boys of the rest of the Seven Kingdoms show up to KL after learning of Jon's identity via Varys and demands she step down. Then she will refuse and somehow Arya (most likely) or Jon will kill her. Don't know how Drogon will take that but since Jon's a Targaryen maybe he will obey Jon. Hopefully Jon takes the throne or I can see Sansa taking it as well. Small chance that Sansa and Tyrion become romantic again but it wouldn't be the worst thing! I just want a happy ending for the Stark kids lol.
I agree with everything you laid out here. Arya will take out Dany. John will be able to control Drogon, who has already recognized him as a Targaryen. I'm guessing John will remain in the south to rebuild and be a champion of the people even though it's what he does not want. There will be unity between north and south with Sansa remaining at Winterfell. Tyrion will become John's hand.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 07:48 AM   #105
DonBateman
Banned

Watch: I like watch
Quote:

I agree. I think the season is fine. Entertaining. Why there were 6 episodes instead of 8, I do not know but they are doing the best they can. I thought the way Cersei died was traumatic. She watched her whole kingdom crumble, and was running for her life. She was crying and scared and ended up dying by being crumbled by the city the abused for so long. Great episode imo.
DonBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 07:52 AM   #106
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Me too. Except, as I state above, I think Jon is going to do it.

It goes with his characters plight to do what is right at all costs. If Arya does it, it is expected and easy. Its her character.

In order to make it dramatic, it'll be Jon.

Happy to place a fiver with anyone that wants to bet????

Any takes???
I’ll take you up on that! $5 on Arya
Old 15 May 2019, 08:26 AM   #107
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
I’ll take you up on that! $5 on Arya
Exciting!!!!

I already love the show. But anything with a bet on it becomes more fun.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 08:55 AM   #108
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Exciting!!!!

I already love the show. But anything with a bet on it becomes more fun.
I just don’t think Jon has it in him to do it. Actually, I think he may die as well, maybe at the hands of Grey Worm.

We shall see. The finale is going to be exciting!
Old 15 May 2019, 09:35 AM   #109
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
They've jammed a lot in 7 weeks. Historically what has transpired would typically be a whole season to two. Dany's character arcs in 7 weeks after how many years? Seriously? Seems like sloppy or not well thought out plots, kind of rushed.

Regardless, I have thoroughly been enjoying it, edge of your eat moments for sure. Cersei deserved far worse, but then again there are no guarantees of justice as we witnessed for years. The white horse is clearly death, and Aria is appropriately taking the ride. We'll see where it takes her. As for Jon Snow, he should have a more prevalent role in the finale.
GRRM also thinks this has been rushed, he wants another 4 seasons altho he can't remotely be arsed to get on and write any more books.

Dany becoming her father was always hinted at but she managed to curb her genetic instincts until she was pushed too far and had no one left to restrain her.

I think it has to be Jon who confronts her, Arya has too little stake in it and DI Brandice's death is not enough, and maybe he kills her altho this ending is maybe too straightforward. Maybe Dany will still triumph to echo GRRM's basic message of ASOIAF of the futility of war.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 09:39 AM   #110
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:

Well said. Agree completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 09:40 AM   #111
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by tie219 View Post
I enjoyed the season so far as it's been entertaining but the writing has been sub-par overall, imo.

For one, they completely botched Jamie Lannister's character arc. Why have him go from bad to good and then back to bad again as he dies with Cersei?

Also it didn't make sense that Dany would go and burn innocent people in the city. Yes, she's given harsh punishments in the past but killing innocent people really went over the line for her character.

I'm interested to see where the last episode goes. I don't have high expectations, I feel as though it will be disappointing.
These two are consistent with GRRM's characterisation, Jaime is the most conflicted character in GOT, he can be good, can be bad, but in the end it was fitting he died with Cersei, they came into the world together and he pushed a little boy out of a window for her so it made sense he chose her at the end.

Dany has talked about Fire and Blood and burning cities to the ground since season 2 so her escalation is not surprising, other than the speed of it, which has always been an issue these last 3 seasons since GRRM has written nothing new and so D and D want to wrap this up for other projects that will be truly theirs.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 09:49 AM   #112
RobearH
Banned

Look forward to a prequel and the story of the Mad King when madness and dragons first ruled.
Old 15 May 2019, 10:08 AM   #113
tie219
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
These two are consistent with GRRM's characterisation, Jaime is the most conflicted character in GOT, he can be good, can be bad, but in the end it was fitting he died with Cersei, they came into the world together and he pushed a little boy out of a window for her so it made sense he chose her at the end.

Dany has talked about Fire and Blood and burning cities to the ground since season 2 so her escalation is not surprising, other than the speed of it, which has always been an issue these last 3 seasons since GRRM has written nothing new and so D and D want to wrap this up for other projects that will be truly theirs.
I can agree that Jamie was a conflicted character but it seemed way too rushed for him to finally fall for Brienne and then run out on her a few episodes later to die with Cersei. I'm not saying his death with Cersei wouldn't be possible for his character, but the way it's depicted in the show didn't lead up to that moment very effectively.

Also, he also says to Cersei, "I never cared for them - innocent or otherwise," which seems untrue given his character arc and willingness to loose his hand for Brienne's honor.

And again, I believe it's entirely possible that Dany would go the same route as the Mad King, but the show did a poor job of showing her character transformation.

Understandable, given the time constraints, but then again they have wasted screen time on really small unimportant details as of late and rushed others.
Old 15 May 2019, 10:10 AM   #114
tie219
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Look forward to a prequel and the story of the Mad King when madness and dragons first ruled.
Yes, that'll be great to see
Old 15 May 2019, 12:39 PM   #115
AP8ESQ
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
^^^ Mad King was years after all the dragons died. If the prequel is Aegon's conquest (about 300 years before current GoT events) or dance of dragons, I'm in but hbo would have to spring major budget for all the cgi on such a show.
AP8ESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 01:04 PM   #116
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Tyrion kills Daenerys. You heard it here first.

He's the only one who really cared about the general population of King's Landing. She promised him not to attack the population if the bells rang and she broke that promise. This hurt him more than anything else she has done. He's the only one left that Grey Worm won't suspect. He thinks he's harmless so he will be able to get close enough to do the deed. He also didn't like her executing Lord Varys a friend of his throughout the series.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 02:29 PM   #117
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post

He's the only one who really cared about the general population of King's Landing. She promised him not to attack the population if the bells rang and she broke that promise. This hurt him more than anything else she has done. He's the only one left that Grey Worm won't suspect. He thinks he's harmless so he will be able to get close enough to do the deed. He also didn't like her executing Lord Varys a friend of his throughout the series.
To add to your theory, I’m sure he’s also pissed that Jamie was killed since he had a plan for him to escape.
Old 15 May 2019, 02:58 PM   #118
SearChart
TechXpert

What is dany goes crazy and just kills everyone? Dark twist at the end
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 03:29 PM   #119
Jimmy Jam Jam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bleu/Noir
all the theories too !!!!!!!!!!
Jimmy Jam Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 03:31 PM   #120
Nrmsu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post

I can see this possibly happening, but Tyrion served Varys to Dany on a silver platter so I don't think he's all that upset about the execution. He really believed Dany would do the right thing. Varys is up in heaven saying "I told you so."
Nrmsu is offline   Reply With Quote