The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 May 2019, 06:31 AM   #1
MK233
"TRF" Member

Hublot classic fusion chronograph

Hi,

I have plans to add one more watch to my collection. Currently i have 116710LN and PAM233.

Third watch should be chronograph, black dial. Because daytonas are impossible to get. I need to focus on something else. Today i saw some pics of Hublot classic fusion chronograph. Totally unfamiliar brand for me. Does anyone know are they any good? Do they keep their walue well and how does 45mm in hublot wear i a small wrist?

If you have any experience about hublot, please let me know.

MK

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A6013 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
MK233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 06:56 PM   #2
PJ S
Banned

It’s hard to take someone with a Rolex and Panerai seriously when they say they’ve never heard of Hublot!
Yes they’re good – as good as the majority of other brands most people know of.
No, they don’t retain value like a SS Rolex or Patek – they depreciate much like the majority of other brands most people know of.
They wear slightly smaller than their dimensions would suggest – if you think your PAM wears fine on you, then the chances are that the Hublot CF Chrono will do too.

If I’m surmising your post correctly, and that you’ll be buying the watch without having tried it on, then you really will want to purchase it pre-owned and/or from a seller with a solid returns policy if you decide it isn’t the one for you.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 07:13 PM   #3
MK233
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
It’s hard to take someone with a Rolex and Panerai seriously when they say they’ve never heard of Hublot!
Yes they’re good – as good as the majority of other brands most people know of.
No, they don’t retain value like a SS Rolex or Patek – they depreciate much like the majority of other brands most people know of.
They wear slightly smaller than their dimensions would suggest – if you think your PAM wears fine on you, then the chances are that the Hublot CF Chrono will do too.

If I’m surmising your post correctly, and that you’ll be buying the watch without having tried it on, then you really will want to purchase it pre-owned and/or from a seller with a solid returns policy if you decide it isn’t the one for you.
Hi PJ S,

Don't get me wrong. Of course i have heard about it. But believe it or not, i have never seen one or tried on... Hublot for me has been a brand with too much of everything. So i have not been interested about it at all. Until now. If i end up buying one, i will go for AD to check it out. Mainly i wanted to know how they wear and keep value.

BR,

Mk

Old 20 May 2019, 10:44 PM   #4
PJ S
Banned

I understand the nature of asking the question, but there really is no substitute to trying it on yourself.
There is no universal size and shape wrist, and similarly aesthetics, so what one person decides is acceptable for them, another may decide that it just doesn’t look right on theirs.

One of my absolute favourite CFCs is the original LE Monaco Yacht Club — https://www.chrono24.co.uk/hublot/cl...-id7564393.htm
Old 20 May 2019, 10:51 PM   #5
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Third watch should be chronograph, black dial? Well, thats a no brainer then. Forget Hublot, get the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch!
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 10:52 PM   #6
MK233
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
Third watch should be chronograph, black dial? Well, thats a no brainer then. Forget Hublot, get the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch!
I had it years ago. Cool watch, but it's time for something else...

Old 20 May 2019, 11:09 PM   #7
MK233
"TRF" Member

Very nice. It says at the description 45mm. Still fusion?

Old 20 May 2019, 11:53 PM   #8
PJ S
Banned

^
Removed, they are 45mm.
You can always tell a Fusion from a BB – two sub dials only at 9 & 3.
Not the most useful of chronos, since the left hand dial is minutes and the right hand is running seconds – so you can time events up to 30 mins long, before you need to start noting how many times it’s gone past the 30 minute mark, and then using arithmetic to figure out the total elapsed time!

Love the look of it, but a wasted function that I’d never actually use.
Old 21 May 2019, 12:03 PM   #9
Zyxheart
"TRF" Member

I tried once but the look of its rotor kept me from making a purchase. So you should see a real one and try it if you like it or not
Zyxheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 02:33 PM   #10
Allinthegame
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak/Tank 18k
Hublot does NOT hold value it will Tank like the titanic
Allinthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 03:00 PM   #11
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK233 View Post
Hi PJ S,

Don't get me wrong. Of course i have heard about it. But believe it or not, i have never seen one or tried on... Hublot for me has been a brand with too much of everything. So i have not been interested about it at all. Until now. If i end up buying one, i will go for AD to check it out. Mainly i wanted to know how they wear and keep value.

BR,

Mk

I own Unico Magic Sapphire.. Sold it after 3 month (bought at 50k sold to fellow collector at 49k).. Bought the original first edition Unico BB Sapphire since. This one is a keeper.

Watch is super comfortable on the wrist like Richard Mille.

Love changing straps on this watch. Hublot have like more than a thousand selection of colour combo n different textures for the BB UNICO 45 series! Very fun watch!

Highly recommend!

PS. Prior to these two sapphire case, I never own a Hublot before!

Good luck n happy shopping!
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 08:09 PM   #12
sunset117
"TRF" Member

Who collects watches like panerai and Rolex and doesn’t know Hublot? I think the Big Bang’s are nice but the resale value seems a little low as they take a hit after sale. They are nice and big and study on the wrist.
I don’t own one tho,
sunset117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 02:46 AM   #13
stevec0
"TRF" Member

i own a 45MM black dial chrono on black alligator. Love it. Very comfortable and can be dressed up or down. Yes they dont retain value like a rolex, but you just need to make sure you purchase at a good enough discount so that if you ever want to flip it, you wont get burned to badley. I would say -20-25% off list for the titanium version is very achievable, some places likle jomashop have -30% off
stevec0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 02:54 AM   #14
ChrisInCharlotte
"TRF" Member

Definitely wears smaller than the mm would suggest, due to the integrated strap. I have a 45mm gray & love it.
ChrisInCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2019, 10:03 AM   #15
Imery
"TRF" Member

Depending on which Hublot, it's generally a baller watch. The way they play with materials and light is unlike any other watchmaker.
Imery is offline   Reply With Quote