The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 20 May 2019, 02:07 PM   #1
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
Game of Thrones (poss spoiler)

I feel like after watching that last episode:

I was in a 7-year relationship and left standing at the alter all alone, so deflated.
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 02:08 PM   #2
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
So mad. Can’t talk about it yet. I just hope the next book better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 May 2019, 02:11 PM   #3
Thug
"TRF" Member

-shoutout to Sansa for dicking everyone at the council
-so their queen dies and the Dothraki and unsullied do nothing but take him prisoner?
-why is bronn master of coin
-Dany looked cool when she first walked in with drogons wings unfolding
-she deserved better death
-why does bran need a master of whispers, tf?
Thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 02:27 PM   #4
Plai
"TRF" Member

I felt empty after watching the finale. Like being misled for 8 years.....shame since it was incredible at times.
Plai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 02:36 PM   #5
Star Ferry
Banned

That was terrible. I could have written a better ending myself, by virtue of not being an idiot.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 02:53 PM   #6
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
H o r r i b l e
btinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 03:06 PM   #7
Dana1
Banned

Who would've thought Jon snow wouldn't probably be king after the death of daenerys. I feel so bad for him
Dana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 04:10 PM   #8
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I got up at 5am to watch that! Disappointing indeed.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 04:14 PM   #9
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Game of Thrones (poss spoiler)

So glad I’ve never seen a single minute now that I hear some have felt they wasted 7 or 8 years.

Seinfeld re-runs never disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 04:35 PM   #10
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Really horrible and cliche ending. Nothing like the GOT I fell in love with and watched all these years. It's like the writers, producers and editors all went on strike and the production staff from Modern Family or any other sitcom came in to finish the show.
Big let down and the show has left with a bad impression, one for which assures that I do not recommend it or will buy any of the shows/seasons to rewatch in the future.

It's like preparing and putting your kid through law school for all those years struggling with hopes and support and then at the end don't give him a pencil(figuratively speaking) to take the bar exam and he ends up working a part time retail job at the local gas station and living at home.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 04:48 PM   #11
MinMay
Banned

Weak ending. I fell asleep
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 05:05 PM   #12
DoraTheExplorerII
"TRF" Member

I really wonder if the writers will get another major job after this massive backlash. Would this be enough to cause the death of their careers?

E: oh wow they're making the next Star Wars
DoraTheExplorerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 05:57 PM   #13
hdms
"TRF" Member

hdms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 06:36 PM   #14
walds11
"TRF" Member

What is Game of Thrones? TBH, I had no idea what it was prior to reading this post I thought it was a game show or reality TV show.
Old 20 May 2019, 06:47 PM   #15
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
So glad I’ve never seen a single minute now that I hear some have felt they wasted 7 or 8 years.

Seinfeld re-runs never disappoint.

I've never seen it. Though a crappy ending that wreaks carnage on the souls of the faithful viewers seems an ironic end for a serial that thrived on blood baths.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 07:05 PM   #16
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

This whole season was awful and showed the showrunners were worthless without GRRM to guide them.

Did Jon confess, because there was no body, no witness and no evidence.

I skipped every Bran chapter and zoned out every time he was on screen, and they made that dull weirdo King, even after he said he doesn’t care about the affair of men and doesn’t live in the present?

And why would Dorne or any other area stay in the 6 Kingdoms and pay to rehab the capitol when they could just stay independent? The crown has no troops anymore.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 07:11 PM   #17
DasKptl
Banned

The finale could have made more dramatic. It was somewhat ho-hum.

(Spoilers below.)

But on the other hand, Bran as the King makes sense. The book itself begins its story from Bran's point of view:

"Still, there are a few compelling reasons to name Bran as king. One is that, despite suffering heavy losses early on in the series, the Stark family proved remarkably resilient when it came to long-term survival. Three of the five Stark siblings are still alive, as is Jon, who possesses Stark blood via his mother, Lyanna. Compare that to the utter destruction of most of the other royal houses in the Seven Kingdoms, and it starts to become clear why Game of Thrones began as the story of the Stark family contrasted with other royal houses of the Seven Kingdoms.

Which brings me to my next point, which is straight from the books. In A Game of Thrones, the first book in Martin’s series, the very first chapter in the main narrative (i.e., the one following a short prologue revealing the existence of the White Walkers — called the Others in the books) is told from Bran’s point of view. That’s why I predicted Bran might end up on the Iron Throne a few years ago: Martin seems to be a fan of circularity, of events doubling back on themselves, and it made sense to me that the last chapter of his books might also focus on Bran, in which case it would make some degree of sense for him to have a position of at least some power.

Finally, Bran as king makes at least some thematic sense. One of Game of Thrones’ obsessions concerns the impossibility of just leadership, because we are all limited by our human passions, intelligence, and blind spots. Well, Bran — who can see everything that has ever happened — kinda-sorta isn’t human any more. The implication, then, is that a just and wise ruler is someone who is so disconnected from humanity that his dispassion becomes an asset, even if it weirds people out."

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/5/1...throne-who-won

And so, please don't be too harsh to the writers and producers.
DasKptl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 09:47 PM   #18
ckaynyc
"TRF" Member

Technically nobody sits on the iron throne.
ckaynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 10:07 PM   #19
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
fwiw, i have been defending this show the entire season.

it is hard for me to continue after last night. did I enjoy it? yes, I did.

however, mid way through i was asking, how is it possible this is the last show. there is so much happening. and so much not happening.

and then it all just happened so fast. it was a bit of a shock to the system. and yes, a let down.

I do think Jon ending up at the wall is appropriate and likely the best place for him. although i did not understand why he was going past the wall.

i also think that Sansa running the north and Arya going her own way works well. But how they did it all is disappointing.

but anyway... i can no longer defend the show. this season was for certain cringe worthy and a shame. if this finale was awesome, i would be singing a different tune. i did like many of the shows. but for it all to culminate like this....meh

i will close by saying a lot of people are blaming this on the fact that they writers did not have GRRM inspiration. That is horse poop in my opinion. GRRM was highly involved in this show. truth is, imo, that he lost his way long ago and he did not have any better ideas on how to end the show either.

i think he gave up long ago and really just doesn't care. he is cashing his checks all the same. i don't blame this on HBO or the writers, but rather on GRRM himself.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 10:25 PM   #20
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
fwiw, i have been defending this show the entire season.

it is hard for me to continue after last night. did I enjoy it? yes, I did.

however, mid way through i was asking, how is it possible this is the last show. there is so much happening. and so much not happening.

and then it all just happened so fast. it was a bit of a shock to the system. and yes, a let down.

I do think Jon ending up at the wall is appropriate and likely the best place for him. although i did not understand why he was going past the wall.

i also think that Sansa running the north and Arya going her own way works well. But how they did it all is disappointing.

but anyway... i can no longer defend the show. this season was for certain cringe worthy and a shame. if this finale was awesome, i would be singing a different tune. i did like many of the shows. but for it all to culminate like this....meh

i will close by saying a lot of people are blaming this on the fact that they writers did not have GRRM inspiration. That is horse poop in my opinion. GRRM was highly involved in this show. truth is, imo, that he lost his way long ago and he did not have any better ideas on how to end the show either.

i think he gave up long ago and really just doesn't care. he is cashing his checks all the same. i don't blame this on HBO or the writers, but rather on GRRM himself.

My take away about Jon was that he was going North of the wall to lead the wildlings and reestablish their community. Since there’s no need for a Nights Watch I think it makes sense for him given his choices.

However this is what bothers me most. I think it’s a terrible ending for Jon. The entire world is alive because of his actions. He was the primary character and kept the entire story moving. For him to be back to where he started just doesn’t seem right. Maybe had there been more time it could have been developed better. Perhaps after seeing what happened when Danny tried to rule made him fear taking power. He has the same blood.... etc. but again. It wasn’t developed so who knows.

I’m fine with Bran being on the throne. It makes sense. In fact I’m fine with everything BUT the fate of Jon. The only explanation I have is it does leave an entry for another story. Imagine Jon rebuilding the wildling communities. Maybe the Dragon joins them. Perhaps they return to help fight the next war etc. I donno. But for Jon to be sitting at the wall for the rest of his life, fighting nobody is pitiful.

Old 20 May 2019, 10:48 PM   #21
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Some folks sure do care a lot about their programs.
Old 20 May 2019, 11:25 PM   #22
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
My take away about Jon was that he was going North of the wall to lead the wildlings and reestablish their community. Since there’s no need for a Nights Watch I think it makes sense for him given his choices.

However this is what bothers me most. I think it’s a terrible ending for Jon. The entire world is alive because of his actions. He was the primary character and kept the entire story moving. For him to be back to where he started just doesn’t seem right. Maybe had there been more time it could have been developed better. Perhaps after seeing what happened when Danny tried to rule made him fear taking power. He has the same blood.... etc. but again. It wasn’t developed so who knows.

I’m fine with Bran being on the throne. It makes sense. In fact I’m fine with everything BUT the fate of Jon. The only explanation I have is it does leave an entry for another story. Imagine Jon rebuilding the wildling communities. Maybe the Dragon joins them. Perhaps they return to help fight the next war etc. I donno. But for Jon to be sitting at the wall for the rest of his life, fighting nobody is pitiful.

Good point and agree about Jon.

It just feels like that is where he will be most comfortable. But agree, it’s a kick in the d()k for sure.

Old 20 May 2019, 11:26 PM   #23
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
I didn't watch GOT, but it sounds like blood, violence, boobs, dragons and bitter disappointment. I'll pass.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 11:32 PM   #24
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
I didn't watch GOT, but it sounds like blood, violence, boobs, dragons and bitter disappointment. I'll pass.
So listen. The end was good.

But after the truly incredible series, it was not up to the standard.

I don’t know your specific tastes. But it’s an epic incredibly well done saga. If you don’t like drama boobs and dragons. Maybe it’s a hard pass. But truly, it’s a work of art as a whole.

Old 20 May 2019, 11:39 PM   #25
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
They should have taken the time (I mean look at how much time was between seasons) to develop the ending more. The last two seasons should have had more episodes and they could have developed the ending better than just wrap it up in a bow in the last episode.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 11:46 PM   #26
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
I think the screen cutting to black means Tony was killed by the Members Only guy.
Old 20 May 2019, 11:58 PM   #27
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
I'm down with one of those . . . . . . or is it two?
Old 21 May 2019, 12:00 AM   #28
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:

I don’t know your specific tastes. But it’s an epic incredibly well done saga. If you don’t like drama boobs and dragons. Maybe it’s a hard pass. But truly, it’s a work of art as a whole.
It must be an amazing series to have such a loyal following, but after a lifetime of dealing with victims of violence in the ER, I just don't want to watch violent shows anymore.
joeychitwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 01:29 AM   #29
77T

Quote:

Of course I have no input on the actual plot twists, etc. But the parts of your post that I excepted above leads me to think a Prequel is in the mind of the creative side.

That way none of the current high-paid talent will be needed - production costs will drop by 75% as the production values will commensurately drop too.

Just my 2¢

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 01:34 AM   #30
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
So mad. Can’t talk about it yet. I just hope the next book better.

If i have seen every episode. Is it worth giving the books a read? Or should i just pick up the newest book whenever it comes out?

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote