The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 August 2020, 12:41 AM   #1
RazorD
"TRF" Member

Trusted sellers for PP?

I’m considering my first Patek and I know without buying history I’m unlikely to get a model that I want which leaves me going grey market. Curious what some of the trusted sellers are for grey market Pateks? I know the players in the Rolex market and the ones on the forum here (which also carry PP), but I was wondering if there are any other good dealers to consider that may not be on this forum?
RazorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 12:48 AM   #2
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Would highly recommend Gabriel at Watches Off Fifth, NYC and Takuya Watches in Texas. Both are outstanding.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 01:02 AM   #3
Pim
Banned

I can recommend a couple where I actually bought watches from:

https://en.luxurywatches.se/
https://preowned.schaapcitroen.nl/nl/
https://www.worldoftime.de/en
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 01:17 AM   #4
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorD View Post
I’m considering my first Patek and I know without buying history I’m unlikely to get a model that I want which leaves me going grey market. Curious what some of the trusted sellers are for grey market Pateks? I know the players in the Rolex market and the ones on the forum here (which also carry PP), but I was wondering if there are any other good dealers to consider that may not be on this forum?
In New England, European Watch Co in Boston may be your best bet. They have a retail store front as well as an online presence.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 01:40 AM   #5
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

WatchBox is a good bet. They have a big online presence and I have personally heard a lot of good things about them. If the model you want isn’t in stock they can source one for you. I’m considering using them in the future. What model are you after?
Old 13 August 2020, 01:58 AM   #6
RazorD
"TRF" Member

Thank you all
Old 13 August 2020, 01:58 AM   #7
RazorD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
In New England, European Watch Co in Boston may be your best bet. They have a retail store front as well as an online presence.
I’ve been there a few times. Nice place!
Old 13 August 2020, 02:09 AM   #8
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

My two faves are DavidSW and European Watch Company.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 02:26 AM   #9
sp006
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorD View Post
I’ve been there a few times. Nice place!

Tried to visit for the first time last weekend but they had nothing on display and only accepted people that had already made appointments days in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sp006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 03:30 AM   #10
dbfagan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just my opinion but don’t their prices seem extremely high?
dbfagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 03:32 AM   #11
dbfagan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
My two faves are DavidSW and European Watch Company.
+1 for DavidSW. Bought a 5524 and 5712 from him in the last year or so.
dbfagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 03:45 AM   #12
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfagan View Post
You could wait for AD availability. How about buying 5 or 6 pieces first, then ask about....
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 04:07 AM   #13
RazorD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They do. However, there may be some pricing advantages if buying in person. Who knows. At this point I’m just trying to gauge the market as getting one of the models I like from an AD is not a possibility.
Old 13 August 2020, 04:29 AM   #14
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
EWC has been around for a while, longer than Watchbox and DAVIDSW. They seem to set their price on what they think the market will bear. Because they have been around for a while and built a solid reputation, they can probably demand higher prices and get away with it.

Watchbox, owned by Govberg, has a lot of inventory. They operate out of several locations around the world, although based out of the Philadelphia area. Not sure if they have a retail location where you can try on a watch, maybe by appt at Govberg.

As for DAVIDSW, he seems to focus mainly on Rolex, although he has some Patek inventory.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 04:43 AM   #15
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

In addition to the recommendations above, I like tarrytown jewelers. The owner - Steve - has always been good to me

https://www.tarrytownjewelers.com/

I’ve also bought from and sold to EWC and davidsw
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 05:32 AM   #16
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
EWC has been around for a while, longer than Watchbox and DAVIDSW. They seem to set their price on what they think the market will bear. Because they have been around for a while and built a solid reputation, they can probably demand higher prices and get away with it.

Watchbox, owned by Govberg, has a lot of inventory. They operate out of several locations around the world, although based out of the Philadelphia area. Not sure if they have a retail location where you can try on a watch, maybe by appt at Govberg.

As for DAVIDSW, he seems to focus mainly on Rolex, although he has some Patek inventory.
On Watchbox website you can go and search the closest retail location to you. I saw a post back in January on this sub forum stating he has a Client Advisor on Watchbox Source him a nautilus. I forget the exact reference number but it was one with a few complications. OP what model are you after?
Old 13 August 2020, 10:13 AM   #17
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Watchbox US hq is in a suburb of Philly and you can make an appointment and try on anything you want. They typically have watches not on their website as they are constantly getting new inventory. Their prices are above average (high) due to their reputation, overhead etc but they’ve been very easy to work with - I’ve purchased two FPJ and a Rolex from them, but tried on several PP there . Their inventory is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 10:24 AM   #18
DukeDevil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps354 View Post
In addition to the recommendations above, I like tarrytown jewelers. The owner - Steve - has always been good to me

I’ve also bought from and sold to EWC and davidsw
I second Steve at Tarrytown. Much more personable service than the more prominent sellers already mentioned. I got a NIB Grand Complication with my name on papers for a sizeable discount off MSRP.
DukeDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 11:21 AM   #19
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
I like David SW and also Gabriel at Watches Off 5th . Bought and sold through them They are both great and very honest & reliable. James in San Antonio Tx:-))
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 12:47 PM   #20
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Watchbox US hq is in a suburb of Philly and you can make an appointment and try on anything you want. They typically have watches not on their website as they are constantly getting new inventory. Their prices are above average (high) due to their reputation, overhead etc but they’ve been very easy to work with - I’ve purchased two FPJ and a Rolex from them, but tried on several PP there . Their inventory is impressive.

So you’ve been there in person? I really want to visit there when it’s time for me to get my PP. I bet it was great.
Old 13 August 2020, 02:03 PM   #21
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miami View Post
So you’ve been there in person? I really want to visit there when it’s time for me to get my PP. I bet it was great.

Yes, have bought twice in person, and once via email. Their operation is pretty impressive.

JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 02:31 PM   #22
tyendo@aol.com
Banned

I agree from previous post- Steve Dubynski is top notch- honest and ethical- Bought two PP’s from him- one was kind enough to let me pay a 10k deposit and 10k a month for 4 more months- it was a stunning 3940 first series in yellow gold- he had worked with me another time- I said Steve- can you help me out- can’t pay all but promise I will be true to my word- got it a month ago! Better than I had hoped it would be!
tyendo@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote