The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 27 June 2019, 04:15 PM   #4831
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince KSA View Post
I was offered this recently the below by a close Saudi friend he regularly buys from the far East.

Apologies if this watch has featured earlier on this thread, I genuinely literally do not have time to scroll through all the the hundreds of photos and comments.

Anyway my guy told me this was 1 of 10 worldwide and he was asking $850,000. I've also got a couple of videos but don't know how to up-load. Plus, no I'm not touting for business as he sold it.

Thoughts......

Attachment 1051914
That’s killer. Love the diamond teeth.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 09:57 PM   #4832
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Yeah- love that skull and all the skulls really.

In terms of the 67. I’ve had the RG and still have the TI and a 67-02. As stated above. I love this model in any form. I’ll be adding the RG back again at some point. For me, they are low profile enough to wear with a dress shirt, and I can wear them without patients knowing what they are.
Old 1 July 2019, 02:54 AM   #4833
t4zl1m
"TRF" Member

Hi, im just considering to buy my first RM, anyone can help me to suggest which model should i take, because im confused now, i have 3 choices, RM61-01, RM35-01, and RM35-02, in my country, i got new RM61-01 with MSRP price around $112K, but i've asked some of my friends, they said RM61-01 price is stuck and hard to resale it in the future, possibly the price will drop if i resale it someday, and suggesting me to take RM35-01 because its popular demand, i got price $178K for 2015, and i think, rather than take 35-01 with 2015 year which the price already increase so high, why shouldnt i go with 2018/2019 RM35-02 red / black tpt which cost around 200k-220k.
im thinking to use the watch for next 2-3 years and plan to resale it, which model from those 3 that has more "value" in the future ? im not plan to invest / get some money, but at least i dont lose so much money when i sell it again.
t4zl1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 01:10 PM   #4834
XIII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4zl1m View Post
Hi, im just considering to buy my first RM, anyone can help me to suggest which model should i take, because im confused now, i have 3 choices, RM61-01, RM35-01, and RM35-02, in my country, i got new RM61-01 with MSRP price around $112K, but i've asked some of my friends, they said RM61-01 price is stuck and hard to resale it in the future, possibly the price will drop if i resale it someday, and suggesting me to take RM35-01 because its popular demand, i got price $178K for 2015, and i think, rather than take 35-01 with 2015 year which the price already increase so high, why shouldnt i go with 2018/2019 RM35-02 red / black tpt which cost around 200k-220k.
im thinking to use the watch for next 2-3 years and plan to resale it, which model from those 3 that has more "value" in the future ? im not plan to invest / get some money, but at least i dont lose so much money when i sell it again.
Welcome to the forums. The most common response you're likely going to get is to NOT buy for investment reasons, but instead to buy the one you love the most. The best value is the enjoyment of wearing the watch you love. Any retention of monetary value is a bonus.
XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 06:03 PM   #4835
mspeed76
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
it sounds like you already made up your mind.. if youre spending that much, just get the one you really want

best value retention? well the 35-02 seems to be the hottest non-tourbillion model now and they stopped taking orders. its well worth it over the 35-01

Quote:
mspeed76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 10:22 PM   #4836
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

I think you’re gonna lose a lot of money on ANY of those at those prices. You have to understand that dealers are buying those pieces at approx 40k under those asks.

The market has slowed down a bit, and the pieces are starting to sit at grey dealers a bit longer. They’ve invested so much in this inventory, that I expect to see the prices start to come down just a bit.

You also might want to shop around a bit to see what else is out there and for what prices. Like I said though, unless the market continues to go up, which I do not believe will be the case, you’ll lose on all of them.
Old 3 July 2019, 01:29 AM   #4837
t4zl1m
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIII View Post
Welcome to the forums. The most common response you're likely going to get is to NOT buy for investment reasons, but instead to buy the one you love the most. The best value is the enjoyment of wearing the watch you love. Any retention of monetary value is a bonus.
actually i love all those 3, but i need to considering the retention value, because buying a watch for 150k++ is actually pretty big deal. i agree is not for investment reason..but i just dont want something bad happen, buying 150k watch, and when i get bored for next 3-5 years, sell it with almost half of the value (hope that wont happen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed76 View Post
it sounds like you already made up your mind.. if youre spending that much, just get the one you really want

best value retention? well the 35-02 seems to be the hottest non-tourbillion model now and they stopped taking orders. its well worth it over the 35-01
hi, thanks for your comment, im also thinking for RM 35-02, but i only can afford the red version, as 35-02 black price is out of my budget..is red color have popular demand too ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmidtdmd View Post
I think you’re gonna lose a lot of money on ANY of those at those prices. You have to understand that dealers are buying those pieces at approx 40k under those asks.

The market has slowed down a bit, and the pieces are starting to sit at grey dealers a bit longer. They’ve invested so much in this inventory, that I expect to see the prices start to come down just a bit.

You also might want to shop around a bit to see what else is out there and for what prices. Like I said though, unless the market continues to go up, which I do not believe will be the case, you’ll lose on all of them.
yeah, that's what im scared about..if only im looking for this watch at 2018..hahah..i've been looking for some information and asked many people that they said the market should continues to go up as demand exceed the supply, which i dont know is it true or not, because like you said, many watches sit nicely at grey dealers right now
Old 3 July 2019, 09:35 AM   #4838
mspeed76
"TRF" Member

i'm only saying that the models that are more desirable now will probably be in the future.. I still see 11-03s and 35-02s moving at current prices.. but it may be to a pro athlete/actor/artist etc

if you cant stomach the possibility of a loss, its not worth it. this hobby should be fun not stressful

you should be able to pick up a 35-02 RED for a lot less than the BLACK
mspeed76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2019, 02:36 PM   #4839
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
yeah, that's what im scared about..if only im looking for this watch at 2018..hahah..i've been looking for some information and asked many people that they said the market should continues to go up as demand exceed the supply, which i dont know is it true or not, because like you said, many watches sit nicely at grey dealers right now
You are better off getting the rg 005. In Asian market, 005RG are flying off the shelve since late last year. The price has gain 30-40% since last year... i know because I bought one last August n sold it last week. I gain 38%. I sold mine because mine was without box n paper. Late last year I bought another one with box paper mint condition. I owned two. I see the price is still climbing fast particularly in Asia probably the size fit Asian well n can be a unisex piece the lady can wear perfectly too. Only the RG is selling fast. Mine was sold on the same day as it was listed for sale.

005 is 100m water resistant which is the highest in any RM tonneau case. A proper sport/tool watch. RM010 only has 50m.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2019, 12:26 AM   #4840
t4zl1m
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all your comments..just want to hear some thoughts for RM61-01 green/yellow, is it good for the "value retention" ? as this model i still can get msrp for 2019 production
Old 4 July 2019, 08:03 PM   #4841
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for all your comments..just want to hear some thoughts for RM61-01 green/yellow, is it good for the "value retention" ? as this model i still can get msrp for 2019 production

I don’t think the value retention is there on this model. I’ve owned mine for 2 years and bought it at a discount from my AD when that was still a thing. Personally, I love the watch and it would be a great addition to your collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TopherMins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2019, 11:19 PM   #4842
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
quiet here...is there a more active RM forum?
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2019, 04:04 AM   #4843
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
quiet here...is there a more active RM forum?
The other active ones I know of are..

https://www.watchprosite.com/richard...286285/#fs:650

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...adt&frm_id=104
Old 15 July 2019, 06:42 AM   #4844
Fat_ninja
Banned

Thank you ��
Old 21 July 2019, 08:46 AM   #4845
DR.Golf
"TRF" Member

Does anyone have a current US price list?
DR.Golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2019, 09:43 PM   #4846
Fat_ninja
Banned

I’d love to see a price list as well.

Need some advice...

So had a nice hour at the RM. I’m trying to get into the brand, maybe it’s this year maybe it’s next year... but I’m shown either 750k Watches or a 29. Such extremes

I might be able to package my way into a 67-02, but not yet a 11-03. I might try to package a 29 gold for the wife. Not 100% sure yet... she has to commit to it first. Can u guys help me with appreciating Which are the more desired models in the 67-02 line up?

Also I was told a few different things on the 30...
1) not taking orders because demand etc
2) its had production problems and so its backed up...

Which is it?

Trying to debate if I do a package or wait for a 30 as a first watch. I also have the option of a 11-01 Mancini but it didn’t blow my socks off like the 11-03

Thanks in advance

FN
Old 21 July 2019, 11:45 PM   #4847
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Need some advice...

So had a nice hour at the RM. I’m trying to get into the brand, maybe it’s this year maybe it’s next year... but I’m shown either 750k Watches or a 29. Such extremes

I might be able to package my way into a 67-02, but not yet a 11-03. I might try to package a 29 gold for the wife. Not 100% sure yet... she has to commit to it first. Can u guys help me with appreciating Which are the more desired models in the 67-02 line up?

Which is it?

Trying to debate if I do a package or wait for a 30 as a first watch. I also have the option of a 11-01 Mancini but it didn’t blow my socks off like the 11-03

Thanks in advance

FN
RM16 is a much better pick than RM29 IMHO.. Plus it looks amazing on small wrist. Oh don’t forget lots of diamond choices on the 16 to choose from.
Old 22 July 2019, 12:41 AM   #4848
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
RM16 is a much better pick than RM29 IMHO.. Plus it looks amazing on small wrist. Oh don’t forget lots of diamond choices on the 16 to choose from.
Thanks you will tell the wife to take a look
Old 22 July 2019, 03:05 AM   #4849
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Need some advice...

Which is it?

Thanks in advance

FN

Both statements regarding the 30 are true- they have had production issues, which have limited orders and deliverys. I feel like I’m a pretty good customer and still had to wait 6 months for a 30. Apparently there aren’t more shipping for quite awhile. I can’t speak to the validity of that.

What’s happening with the 67-02 is a bit frustrating imo. When you go to purchase you aren’t really allowed to select which one you want. They are asking for a list of preference and delivering based on that. I think it’s total BS considering the price of the item.

In terms of popularity and value it is white, black, maroon, green- in that order
Old 22 July 2019, 10:26 AM   #4850
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Both statements regarding the 30 are true- they have had production issues, which have limited orders and deliverys. I feel like I’m a pretty good customer and still had to wait 6 months for a 30. Apparently there aren’t more shipping for quite awhile. I can’t speak to the validity of that.

What’s happening with the 67-02 is a bit frustrating imo. When you go to purchase you aren’t really allowed to select which one you want. They are asking for a list of preference and delivering based on that. I think it’s total BS considering the price of the item.

In terms of popularity and value it is white, black, maroon, green- in that order
Thanks for the response man.

Also Is there a big difference buying from a boutique vs an AD?
Old 22 July 2019, 10:08 PM   #4851
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That's ridiculous... it's a six figure watch not LOL Dolls or Kinder surprise...

And what about Alonso's blue NTPT... considering popularity of blue 11-03 that one is maybe more popular than the white and black one... and it is only one with different dial pattern...

I don't know if they still produce Zverev model, I don't see him playing with the watch on the wrist...

There is also a red NTPT model (don't know who the ambassador is) and beside the marketed Alexis Pinturault white model there is also Le Clerc version - white whit red claws...
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 10:25 PM   #4852
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

The blue is a one off for him. Not produced for the public.

There is the Zveerev which I forgot- it’s remaining in production but he has been dropped as an ambassador.
Old 22 July 2019, 10:44 PM   #4853
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The blue is a one off for him. Not produced for the public.
Le Clerc and Buemi are also ambassadors only models?
Old 22 July 2019, 10:59 PM   #4854
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

I believe so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 July 2019, 11:14 PM   #4855
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Le Clerc and Buemi are also ambassadors only models?
Do you happen to have photos of these?
Old 23 July 2019, 12:33 AM   #4856
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you happen to have photos of these?
Here is one from Le Clerc... red and white Monaco colors... don't have a clear pic of Buemi one, but looks like red or maroon with red and white claws.
Old 23 July 2019, 06:08 PM   #4857
PPFANBOY
"TRF" Member

I have been bitten by the bug.

In the market for RM11-03...I like the red and black NTPT versions.

Sit and wait, or just grab it at current market value?

(Not worried about eating a loss, but would be nice to save a bit upfront if the market is cooling)
PPFANBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2019, 11:16 PM   #4858
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFANBOY View Post

(Not worried about eating a loss, but would be nice to save a bit upfront if the market is cooling)
So have I. I’m going to wait...

Bought a 029 yesterday. Hopefully pick up a 030 and a 67-02...and whatever else they let me pick up. Figure I’ll get to enjoy each one of these as we migrate into the brand
Old 23 July 2019, 11:41 PM   #4859
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFANBOY View Post

I think it’s gonna be a long wait if you don’t start some sort of purchase history, and if you only want an 11-03, it’s gonna be cheaper just to buy it grey.
Old 24 July 2019, 12:13 AM   #4860
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i think it’s gonna be a long wait if you don’t start some sort of purchase history, and if you only want an 11-03, it’s gonna be cheaper just to buy it grey.
x2

Tags
011 , 011-03 , 035 , 035-02 , richard mille