The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 November 2011, 10:19 AM   #1
krava

Broke down and got a DJ II, a watch I kind of wrote off.

I have been looking for the perfect deal for around a week now and found a watch that DavidSW was selling and I saw the price and thought "is he out of his mind" as no one even on TRF was selling it close to that price (next price was around $900 more, but you know used vs new has stuff to do with it also, one TRF had it new he had it used but 6 months isn't much used time. Anyway last week went and tried on several watches I really do like the DJII slate look atleast the color of the slate but it was a bit hard to see the numbers and the numbers didnt' jump out at me. The black and gold numbers jump out at me. I tried the watch on and thought to myself this is kind of big... ummm.. well no not for me.. I didn't even have it on for a minute and said no dont' need this. Anyway the deal is what led me on to the watch and also think about this. if you buy new SS or TT watch (non djII) and you dont' know alot about watches then you can't tell if it is a 2011 model or a 1980's model they look the same (except clasp and band etc) but the face is the same. With the DJ II these came out I believe in 2010 so anyone that sees you with it on knows it is new and not some watch that might be 20 years old. Anyway after having it on my wrist for about 5 minutes I am definetely comfortable about its size it isn't that big to me at all. it doesnt' fit snug on my wrist and just a bit loose like it should I don't really want to stretch it. The only downside to the DJ II is if I do want to change the bezel on it to a diamond bezel the bezel cost around $3-5K and being an aftermarket.

wrist shot. my wrist is normal or maybe a bit small,

For some reason it won't let me post more then 1 picture, if I do then the previous picture doesn't show. Anyway moral of the story is give the watch more then 30 seconds before you say it isn't any good for you.
krava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2011, 10:20 AM   #2
krava

can't edit the post, I have no idea how to make a good picture, the camera shoots out a bright beam of light and everything I take is too bright, i can't even see the gold and SS difference in color in the pic but you get an idea.
krava is offline   Reply With Quote